The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

LDH increasing after start of Keytruda?

Forums General Melanoma Community LDH increasing after start of Keytruda?

Participant

I had my second Keytruda infusion this past Monday. On 8/24 my LDH was 160. 9/27 it was 139. 10/25 it is 266. 

Mom thinking this could mean that additional tumors are growing or it could mean that Keytruda is causing cell death (hopefully tumor cell death). My palpable tumors are definitely smaller but I’m not going to ‘count my chickens before they hatch.’

Viewing 2 reply threads
    • Replies
        MovingOn
        Participant

In the second paragraph it should start with “I’m” rather than “mom” (either my fingers are fatter today or spell check is telling me to call my mom this weekend).

TexMelanomex
          Participant

Interesting. My money is on the Keytruda kicking some Mel butt, especially if you are noticing obvious decrease in palpable tumor size…I'm on for my second round on Tuesday and I'll let you know what (if anything) happens with my LDH once the labs come back in. Mine are already signficantly higher to start with, but I'll be interested to see if they change with the Keytruda on board.

Tex

Mat
            Participant

Your level is still close to normal.  LDH is not considered a definitive marker when off treatment–even less so when on treatment.

Viewing 2 reply threads
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
          About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics