The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Last steroid this morning

Forums General Melanoma Community Last steroid this morning

Participant

I am so excited! Just took the last dex that I have been weaning!  Started Oct 4th or 5th.   I am getting around much  better but have a far way to go, today was a big step!

My eyes are very slinty from all of the swelling and yesterday I was exercising …. noticed right afterwards that there is now blood in the white area.  Like I said there is still a far way to go. They are starting me today on mild Lasix so I can get some of this swelling down. Pants are so tight on my waist but fall down off of my hips and legs!  That will all solve itself.

I am so excited! Just took the last dex that I have been weaning!  Started Oct 4th or 5th.   I am getting around much  better but have a far way to go, today was a big step!

My eyes are very slinty from all of the swelling and yesterday I was exercising …. noticed right afterwards that there is now blood in the white area.  Like I said there is still a far way to go. They are starting me today on mild Lasix so I can get some of this swelling down. Pants are so tight on my waist but fall down off of my hips and legs!  That will all solve itself.

I've worked hard on being able to get to the floor and getting back up. Savannah (2 year old granddaughter) is coming for the weekend. This will be the first time I've actually been able to play with her since before Christmas.  This is a weekend of celebration for us.

Linda

Viewing 20 reply threads
    • Replies
        Linny
        Participant

Congratulations on reaching that milestone! Enjoy your celebration this weekend and most of all, enjoy playing with Savannah.

Linda

Linny
          Participant

Congratulations on reaching that milestone! Enjoy your celebration this weekend and most of all, enjoy playing with Savannah.

Linda

Linny
            Participant

Linda

hope4cure1
              Participant

I love that you are practicing getting up and down.  That's a grandma who loves her little Savannah!!!  Have a wonderful time this weekend!

hope4cure1
                Participant

I love that you are practicing getting up and down.  That's a grandma who loves her little Savannah!!!  Have a wonderful time this weekend!

hope4cure1
                  Participant

washoegal
                    Participant

You are so amazing.  Keep up whatever you are doing. 

Mary

Stage 3

washoegal
                      Participant

Mary

Stage 3

washoegal
                        Participant

Mary

Stage 3

scots
                          Participant

congrats and enjoy your granddaughter this weekend.

scot

scots
                            Participant

scot

scots
                              Participant

scot

vivian
                                Participant

Hey Linda!

I will be picturing you down on the floor playing with your sweet granddaugher this weekend.  What happy news from you!!! 

Lear

vivian
                                  Participant

Hey Linda!

I will be picturing you down on the floor playing with your sweet granddaugher this weekend.  What happy news from you!!! 

Lear

vivian
                                    Participant

Hey Linda!

Lear

Fen
                                      Participant

Congrats, Linda, a big milestone!  Have a ball with your grandaughter.   Fen

Fen
                                        Participant

Fen
                                          Participant

boot2aboot
                                            Participant

good to hear! keep giving us good news…

boots

boot2aboot
                                              Participant

boots

NYKaren
                                                  Participant
                                                    Great news, Linda. Enjoy that little girl. She has an amazing Grandma!
                                                    Feel good,
                                                    karen
                                                    NYKaren
                                                    Participant
                                                      Feel good,
                                                      karen
                                                      NYKaren
                                                      Participant
                                                        Feel good,
                                                        karen
                                                      boot2aboot
                                                      Participant

boots

Viewing 20 reply threads
                                                    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                                    About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics