The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Knute progress

Forums General Melanoma Community Knute progress

Participant

Knute's MRI shows the bleed, but no new tumors and no growth in the radiated tumors!  Yesterday new med or combination  gave him relief from the constant headache he's had since admission.  He slept hard for 2 hours and then "performed" in a variety of ways.  Practiced sitting, and the stood with help.  Repeating twice.  He was joking with me and remembered all his visitors while I was at work.

Knute's MRI shows the bleed, but no new tumors and no growth in the radiated tumors!  Yesterday new med or combination  gave him relief from the constant headache he's had since admission.  He slept hard for 2 hours and then "performed" in a variety of ways.  Practiced sitting, and the stood with help.  Repeating twice.  He was joking with me and remembered all his visitors while I was at work.

So this is a detour on the road to his next therapy not a dead end.  His mel doctors will push things back a month and we'll see if he is ready!  He has such a fighting spirit, although not a lot of patience so this slow regain of physical control will be challenge enough for both of us.

Pam

Viewing 15 reply threads
    • Replies
        jag
        Participant

Good for Knute!!  very happy to hear about his progress.

jag
          Participant

Good for Knute!!  very happy to hear about his progress.

sharmon
            Participant

Keep up the good work.  I have been reading your posts for awhile and he is a real fighter.  Blessing to you both.

sharmon
              Participant

Keep up the good work.  I have been reading your posts for awhile and he is a real fighter.  Blessing to you both.

JulieMA
                Participant

Knute has touched so many of us in person and on the board.  Prayers for the both of you and glad to hear this bit of good news.

Julie

JulieMA
                  Participant

Knute has touched so many of us in person and on the board.  Prayers for the both of you and glad to hear this bit of good news.

Julie

dian in spokane
                    Participant

Pam, thanks so much for taking the time to update us here!

my best wishes are with both you and Kurt

dian

dian in spokane
                      Participant

Pam, thanks so much for taking the time to update us here!

my best wishes are with both you and Kurt

dian

NancyD
                        Participant

Thanks Pam for the update.  I continue to keep each of you in my prayers.  Nancy D

NancyD
                          Participant

Thanks Pam for the update.  I continue to keep each of you in my prayers.  Nancy D

King
                            Participant

A tough road ahead for sure but you two have been in tough battles before.  Tell Knute we're thinking of him.  I'm so sorry about the set back though.

Stay Strong
                              King

Stage IV 7/05 Liver mets

JoanR
                                Participant

I was so hesitant to open your posting, however, was so pleased that you have some good news. Treat this as just another bump in the road and hopefully his treatments will resume soon. Look after yourself too, Pam.

JoanR
                                  Participant

I was so hesitant to open your posting, however, was so pleased that you have some good news. Treat this as just another bump in the road and hopefully his treatments will resume soon. Look after yourself too, Pam.

King
                                  Participant

A tough road ahead for sure but you two have been in tough battles before.  Tell Knute we're thinking of him.  I'm so sorry about the set back though.

Stay Strong
                                    King

Stage IV 7/05 Liver mets

ValinMtl
                                    Participant

Wishing Knute constant improvement.  Val

ValinMtl
                                      Participant

Wishing Knute constant improvement.  Val

Donna
                                        Participant

So happy to hear that things are moving in the right direction. Thanks for keeping us updated. I am thinking of you both.

Donna
                                          Participant

So happy to hear that things are moving in the right direction. Thanks for keeping us updated. I am thinking of you both.

Viewing 15 reply threads
                                        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                        About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics