The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Keytruda infusion #24 and clean scan results

Forums General Melanoma Community Keytruda infusion #24 and clean scan results

Participant

Completed infusion #24 yesterday along with CT of head/neck and torso, and ultrasound of thyroid. Results today and still have clean scans (6 so far). Overall side effects have been minimal. Discussed exit strategy for Keytruda infusions which include the next two infusions spaced 6 weeks apart, the following at 3 months and if all scans are still clear will stop. That will be two years in calendar time but only 27 infusions which equates to 1.54 years of actual treatment. I’m very, very thankful for our brilliant scientist and what they have accomplished considering I started with a very aggressive modular melanoma. 

Happy Valentine’s Day to everyone!

Viewing 10 reply threads
    • Replies
        BillB
        Participant

Nodular

Scooby123
          Participant
            So pleased for you BillB, I have just had my 23rd infusions of keydruda. My consultant as said I can now have brain scan every 6 months but body 3 months. My last 2 scan clear. Awaing results of scan in January. Think my consultant hoping all stays good for 2 years of infusions then look at next step which could be continue or have a break. I have had minor side effects apart from joint ache. My thyroid normal but with medication. Praying for good results.

SCOOBY x

BillB
              Participant

Thank you and best wishes your scans are still clean!

Bill

MMH
              Participant

This is great news! Wonderful to hear. Thank you for sharing and have a wonderful weekend!     

Bubbles
                Participant

Awesome! Sounds like a great plan!!! c

jbronicki
                  Participant

That's wonderful news, I'll take this type of news over any valentine's day card anytime!

kst
                    Participant

I had clean scans today also.  Stage 3C resected July 2017.  Had to stop treatments after 10 doses of nivolumab due to A/E's March 2018.  Hoping everyone else can enjoy hearing the words all clear.

Susanne

sing123
                      Participant

Such happy news!

AMcReader
                        Participant

So happy to read you had another round of clear scans! That really makes for a Valentine’s Day to celebrate! 

chrispl1974
                          Participant

Fantastic news. I am very happy for you !

TexMelanomex
                            Participant

Awesome Bill! I love it! Congratulations Warrior!

lkb
                              Participant

Always good to hear. Congratulations!

Viewing 10 reply threads
                            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                            About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics