The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Keytruda and Insomnia

Forums General Melanoma Community Keytruda and Insomnia

Participant

Has anyone had insomnia as a side effect of Keytruda.

I have been forced to start taking valium to get a good nights sleep. which i dont like to do.

Viewing 8 reply threads
    • Replies
        Jubes
        Participant

I actually had the opposite of this and slept really well and long

anne-Louise 

Jubes
          Participant

anne-Louise 

Jubes
            Participant

anne-Louise 

Squash
              Participant

One of the problems with taking Keytruda is that the side effects include every known condition to mankind and then some so you are always second guessing anything that happens out of the normal.

Squash
                Participant

One of the problems with taking Keytruda is that the side effects include every known condition to mankind and then some so you are always second guessing anything that happens out of the normal.

Squash
                  Participant

tschmith
                    Participant

Keytruda didn't cause my insomnia.  Anxiety did.  I have since gotten that under control.  I think I could do even better and am going to try mindful meditation. However, that's not to say that Keytruda isn't behind your insomnia because it affects all of us in different ways.  I had fatigue, rashes, and vitiligo.  It also made my hair thicker and shiny!!!!  :))))  Have you just started taking Keytruda?  Perhaps your body will adjust.  Mine did and my side effects eased.

All my best!

Terrie

Squash
                        Participant

I have had five infusions.

I have never had fatigue.

I have had some bowel problems and still do but manageable.

Maybe the sleep issue is stress related. It is hard to know really.

I also have just developed a sort of rash on my forearm. It is like bright red things. They dont really bother me too much only in the middle of the night for some reason.

Squash
                          Participant

I also have just developed a sort of rash on my forearm. It is like bright red things. They dont really bother me too much only in the middle of the night for some reason.

Squash
                            Participant

tschmith
                            Participant

Keytruda didn't cause my insomnia.  Anxiety did.  I have since gotten that under control.  I think I could do even better and am going to try mindful meditation. However, that's not to say that Keytruda isn't behind your insomnia because it affects all of us in different ways.  I had fatigue, rashes, and vitiligo.  It also made my hair thicker and shiny!!!!  :))))  Have you just started taking Keytruda?  Perhaps your body will adjust.  Mine did and my side effects eased.

All my best!

Terrie

tschmith
                              Participant

All my best!

Terrie

Viewing 8 reply threads
                            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                            About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics