The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Keytruda and immune system in general

Forums General Melanoma Community Keytruda and immune system in general

Participant
      Does anyone know what Keytruda does to the immune system, other than helping it fight cancer? I caught a cold, and it seems like my immune system is going into overdrive about it. The rest of my family was mildly sick. I feel absolutely awful! Related to Keytruda, or just coincidence?
    Viewing 2 reply threads
    • Replies
        MelanomaMike
        Participant
          Hi “T” ! Im Mike nice to meet ya, glad yer infusions of Pembro is kickin butt on your Melanoma, i read one of your very first posts, thats awesome! Good deal…
          Can i ask, are you sure its a genuine “Cold”? Immunal Therapies, Keytruda & the rest, all can cause symptoms that nay mimick a cold, cough, rash, stuffy nose, breathing troubles (lungs), aches & pains etc. Just a thought, but your family is feeling similar? Could be a coincidence…hope ya feel better either way…
            Tsvetochka
            Participant
              Nice to meet you, too. I’ve read lots of your posts.

Yes, the rest of my family has this, too, just milder. I’ve felt great on Keytruda from June until now. Now we’re all lying around coughing and sniffling.

Baby_Girl
            Participant
              Same here! But I’m on Opdivo. I’ve been sick for a week and today is the first day that I think I may be feeling better. My daughter got sick but was better in two days. My husband felt bad and went and got a steroid shot and is much better. Now it seems my parents are getting this cold too. I know I got it from work. I work in the schools and a lot of the students have this same cough and nasal congestion. I just can’t seem to shake it. I called my doctor and his nurse said I can take over the counter meds but if I’m not feeling better to call them back. So I’m gonna call them Monday if I’m not feeling significantly better.
              Ellie_82
              Participant
                Tsvetochka, every person reacts to the same bug differently. I noticed my kids can be mildly sick and I will feel super bad, and coughing for 3 weeks after everyone else has already forgot they have been sick. This is normal. If you just feeling MEH for longer than you hoped for, then it is probably just bad luck. However if you develop some worrisome symptoms, such as trouble breathing, very high fever, strong pain, these might be worth checking out. I hope you feel better soon!
            Viewing 2 reply threads
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
            About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics