The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Keytruda #21, neck and torso scans still NED

Forums General Melanoma Community Keytruda #21, neck and torso scans still NED

Participant

Hi everyone, haven’t posted lately but read the forum and Celeste’s blog every day always giving my prayers to everyone battling on. Completed treatment and scans yesterday and waited nervously today to get results. Amplified when they called to see if I could come in earlier. Do you think an already nervous person could read anything into that!

Results are still good! Thirteen month NED anniversary.  As I’ve discussed before the doctors at MSK believe I can stop treatment but my oncologist is not pushing me. She did bring it up again today. Fortunately I haven’t had much in the way of side effects(knowing that can change quickly) and all of my lab #’s are consistently good. I have started to push treatments out from three weeks to every four to five. Considering going to every six weeks before evaluating stopping altogether. I truly trust the doctors that I could stop but mentally I still can’t pull the switch.

MelMike, get your butt in and get the beast removed. You have everyone’s support and we all know you can get it done. So, Just Do It!.  Good  luck to everyone and I hope everyone has a wonderful holiday next week with their family and friends. Celeste, always thinking about you and wishing you the best in the new battle along with everyone else.

Bill

Viewing 3 reply threads
    • Replies
        jbronicki
        Participant

Congrats Bill!  That is wonderful news.   I honestly probably would have passed out if they called and said they wanted to see us earlier, I'm not sure they realize how much we read into these things when waiting for results.  When my mom was getting treated for lung cancer (she has passed now), she used to start voicemails to me with "Jackie, this your mom, everything is fine, ………"   I really appreciated that. .  The theme of the week on our board seems to be anxiety.  So glad you got good news.

Ditto, we got your back MelMike!

Bubbles
          Participant

Oh, Bill!!  That is wonderful news!!! I am so happy for you.  Thanks for the shout out!!!  I thought my wonky afghan was pretty funny!!  HA!!  Love you bunches, buddy!  Keep up the good NED reports!!! c

TexMelanomex
            Participant

Right on Bill!! Keep leading the way brother!

MelanomaMike
              Participant

Hay Bill!, hahaha, i know, i know, im just now feeling a bit better about myself {on top of not feeling to swell} about dropping the ball on myself {and others for that matter} but, Dec 17th is my new D Day, this muthalover is coming out! i just hope its not a "bigger" job then it woulda been??…But enough of me, im glad {and countless others} are NED, Man! im sure reading a lot of good reports in the past year, Immunal Therapys are really making a name for it self…i wish i could be so lucky, BUT! I kinda am, Pembro, Ipi & now Nivo {by itself} is "doing something", its stopping tumors from growing atleast, ill take that as a Victory right?…

Viewing 3 reply threads
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
            About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics