The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

KEEP THE FAITH! Luke 1:37

Forums General Melanoma Community KEEP THE FAITH! Luke 1:37

Participant

I don't post that often but wanted to share my news. I'm nearly two years NED nad excited about that.

I stopped my treatments early on and  made a few changes which was  prayer and supplements and just wanted to share what I have taken.

I don't post that often but wanted to share my news. I'm nearly two years NED nad excited about that.

I stopped my treatments early on and  made a few changes which was  prayer and supplements and just wanted to share what I have taken.

I had ulcerated melanoma in right breast one lymph node dected Melanoma so Stage 3a.My dr was never optimist for over a year the Dr. has been watching tumors that developed in my lungs and over time had a new one show up. Well as of Monday all my tumors/Nodules are completely gone she could not explain other than to tell me to keep doing what I'm doing and wanted to share with you. 

First when I was first Dx back in June 2009 I went to an Indian Doctor(holist) and these are the first supplements I was given and highly recommended. Look up Poly Mvp(I think that is right)I took it for several months but could not keep up with the cost but people are living a long time with pancreas cancer while taking this supplement. Curry,Pomegrante,agurious which is a mushroom not sure on spelling, there are several more which I still take. Here's a list off the top of my head:)

The past several weeks all I added was the
      flaxseed oil and Dora flora(I hate cottage cheese)
      added beta gluten

For the last 19 months

I have taken
      Suma
      Devils Claw
      Pomegranate
      Garlic Oil
      Mushrooms
      Potassium
      Curcumin and turmeric
      Cranbury pills(it helps body fight off all infections.)
      I drink 2-4 Tablespoons of OILVE OIL I read up on it
      I drink 2 tbs of Vinegar(I try to take as often as I can stand it)helps regulate blood sugars.
      Vitamin D.C AND E
      Vit B complex
      Golden seal
      Power enzymes
      Aleo Vera
      Some I cant spell or pronounce

I'm missing about half of what I take and would add more if I could and I hear for some it dosent or hasn't worked but Im very hopeful..

Viewing 5 reply threads
    • Replies
        Barb
        Participant

After proof reading what I wrote a see quite a few type- o's  and misspelling..Sorry:)

Doug-Pepper
            Participant

Great to hear that you are NED! I feel like the Lord has lead my husband & I to the nutrition & supplements. He is taking about 10 a day! He has traded his french fries in for broccoli, & sodas for water. We have been doing the bible study "The Seven Pillars of Health" by Dr. Don Colbert.  Keep up the good work, Pepper.

Doug-Pepper
              Participant

Great to hear that you are NED! I feel like the Lord has lead my husband & I to the nutrition & supplements. He is taking about 10 a day! He has traded his french fries in for broccoli, & sodas for water. We have been doing the bible study "The Seven Pillars of Health" by Dr. Don Colbert.  Keep up the good work, Pepper.

Barb
              Participant

After proof reading what I wrote a see quite a few type- o's  and misspelling..Sorry:)

Lisa13
                Participant

Keep up the good work!  I'm so happy to hear the news of your NED for 2 years!

I too went to the holistic approach (as well as medical).  I knew holistic medicine wasn't going to cure the melanoma, but I did know it was going to strengthen my immune system with cancer fighting agents.  I was just diagnosed in January of this year, so I wanted to do all I could to remain NED for as long as possible.

My naturopath has started me on:

4000IU Vitamin D

2000 mg Vitamin C

Omega 3, Multi Vitamin (with no iron or copper)

Green Tea Extract

Melatonin – working my way to 20mg

Curcumin

Green antioxident drinks (Progressive Greens)

and still on the fence with the mistletoe injections

I think whatever we can do to build a healthy immune system is key, without giving up on modern medicine. 

Keep the faith and all the very best to you.

Lisa – Stage 3c

dawn dion
                    Participant

Lisa

I have gone the same route you have – holistic as well as medical – I have done both because Melanoma is a different dog and I don't like to put all of my eggs in one basket however that being said DO NOT discount holistic I have met many people who HAVE been cured going the route of  holisitic of many different kinds of stage 4 cancers including Mel. 

My question for you is concerning the Melatonin – I have heard that works with Melanoma – how much do you take? You mentioned working your way up to 20mg.   Also I would like to work with a naturopath put I have a hard time finding one in my area – I have had to go several hours away – how did you go about finding yours? 

As far as those "green drinks" go – Keep drinking- the more the better and if you haven't already – start drinking wheat grass- lots of healing properties.   I grow and juice my own. 

Best of luck to you

Hugs and Smiles

Dawn

Lisa13
                      Participant

Hi Dawn,

I'm only taking 3mg of melatonin right now and will work my way up to 20mg which is the dosing suggested for cancer. Melatonin  is a hormone secreted by the pineal gland and actually treats jet lag and insomnia.  In mice and petri dish studies, it has shown to help regulate the immune systems signaling proteins (interlukens and interferons) and destroys tumour cells. In Europe, they found it increased survival in malignant melanoma and patients with metastatic disease.  I also take Inositol which is an immune function booster,  It helps stimulate your white blood cells (cancer fighters).

I would never discount the holistic approach and found my naturopath through a friend of mine.   I live in Toronto (Canada) so it may be very different. If you searched the American Association of Naturopathic Physicians, you might find someone whose not too far from you.  I think using natural and modern medicine can help your body in terms of immune defense and even side effects from treatment.   I hope someday that both medical Dr's and naturopaths can set aside their ego's and work together 🙂

P.S. I'm the mother of a 17 month old daughter and I too refuse to let this beast take me away from her.

Keep fighting!

Lisa 

Lisa13
                        Participant

Hi Dawn,

I'm only taking 3mg of melatonin right now and will work my way up to 20mg which is the dosing suggested for cancer. Melatonin  is a hormone secreted by the pineal gland and actually treats jet lag and insomnia.  In mice and petri dish studies, it has shown to help regulate the immune systems signaling proteins (interlukens and interferons) and destroys tumour cells. In Europe, they found it increased survival in malignant melanoma and patients with metastatic disease.  I also take Inositol which is an immune function booster,  It helps stimulate your white blood cells (cancer fighters).

I would never discount the holistic approach and found my naturopath through a friend of mine.   I live in Toronto (Canada) so it may be very different. If you searched the American Association of Naturopathic Physicians, you might find someone whose not too far from you.  I think using natural and modern medicine can help your body in terms of immune defense and even side effects from treatment.   I hope someday that both medical Dr's and naturopaths can set aside their ego's and work together 🙂

P.S. I'm the mother of a 17 month old daughter and I too refuse to let this beast take me away from her.

Keep fighting!

Lisa 

dawn dion
                          Participant

Lisa

I have gone the same route you have – holistic as well as medical – I have done both because Melanoma is a different dog and I don't like to put all of my eggs in one basket however that being said DO NOT discount holistic I have met many people who HAVE been cured going the route of  holisitic of many different kinds of stage 4 cancers including Mel. 

My question for you is concerning the Melatonin – I have heard that works with Melanoma – how much do you take? You mentioned working your way up to 20mg.   Also I would like to work with a naturopath put I have a hard time finding one in my area – I have had to go several hours away – how did you go about finding yours? 

As far as those "green drinks" go – Keep drinking- the more the better and if you haven't already – start drinking wheat grass- lots of healing properties.   I grow and juice my own. 

Best of luck to you

Hugs and Smiles

Dawn

parkmk80
                            Participant

What about Vitamin A supplements?  I have read there have been studies showing it helps.  Any thoughts on that?

parkmk80
                              Participant

What about Vitamin A supplements?  I have read there have been studies showing it helps.  Any thoughts on that?

parkmk80
                                Participant

Lisa13
                                Participant

Keep up the good work!  I'm so happy to hear the news of your NED for 2 years!

I too went to the holistic approach (as well as medical).  I knew holistic medicine wasn't going to cure the melanoma, but I did know it was going to strengthen my immune system with cancer fighting agents.  I was just diagnosed in January of this year, so I wanted to do all I could to remain NED for as long as possible.

My naturopath has started me on:

4000IU Vitamin D

2000 mg Vitamin C

Omega 3, Multi Vitamin (with no iron or copper)

Green Tea Extract

Melatonin – working my way to 20mg

Curcumin

Green antioxident drinks (Progressive Greens)

and still on the fence with the mistletoe injections

I think whatever we can do to build a healthy immune system is key, without giving up on modern medicine. 

Keep the faith and all the very best to you.

Lisa – Stage 3c

Carol Taylor
                                  Participant

Absolutely wonderful news Barb!  Thanks for sharing and thanks for lifting up Luke 1: 37! (For nothing is impossible with God).

Attitude is so important and you've got a great one!  And I appreciate the list of what you've added to your diet.  We eat a lot more fish and brocolli that before, and a lot lower fat intake.

Keep it up and God bless!

Carol   3b

Carol Taylor
                                    Participant

Absolutely wonderful news Barb!  Thanks for sharing and thanks for lifting up Luke 1: 37! (For nothing is impossible with God).

Attitude is so important and you've got a great one!  And I appreciate the list of what you've added to your diet.  We eat a lot more fish and brocolli that before, and a lot lower fat intake.

Keep it up and God bless!

Carol   3b

Viewing 5 reply threads
                                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                  About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics