The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Keep on Trucking on Zelboraf

Forums General Melanoma Community Keep on Trucking on Zelboraf

Participant

Sunday evening marked my 1 1/2 year  anniversry on "Z".Proving that there is a fighting chance to live with stage IV.Keping my PMA that this is only a small milestone.My posts here have been to offer hope to fellow fighters.My side affects have been tolerable,with the worst being bouts of the runs and gas.Scans in Feb still show almost at the NED status but officially not there yet.An area of concern did show up on brain MRI but the doc is waching closely with another scan in mid April.The other issue of concern is a low iron count.No real explanation as after a colonostopy &

Sunday evening marked my 1 1/2 year  anniversry on "Z".Proving that there is a fighting chance to live with stage IV.Keping my PMA that this is only a small milestone.My posts here have been to offer hope to fellow fighters.My side affects have been tolerable,with the worst being bouts of the runs and gas.Scans in Feb still show almost at the NED status but officially not there yet.An area of concern did show up on brain MRI but the doc is waching closely with another scan in mid April.The other issue of concern is a low iron count.No real explanation as after a colonostopy & endoscopy revealed I have Acid Reflux Disease which did thicken the esopaghus.On iron supplement and a acid reflux med.I pray that with all the new research that very soon all of us here will find the right treatment to collect our Entitlement (Social Security-something we paid for) for a very long time.With Gods help and todays medicine we will all Beat the Beast . AL                                                                                                                                                                                                                        

Viewing 29 reply threads
    • Replies
        awillett1991
        Participant
          Al – congrats and sorry to hear about that little brain concern. Glad they are on top of it. They can just “zap that straight back to hell” if they need to. (My rad oncologists’s terminology).

Oh the gas, I’ve tried everything. I’ve quit even apologizing or attempting to leave the room w my family. Too voluminous! Lol!

Keep posting and Beat the Beast!

Amy

awillett1991
          Participant
            Al – congrats and sorry to hear about that little brain concern. Glad they are on top of it. They can just “zap that straight back to hell” if they need to. (My rad oncologists’s terminology).

Oh the gas, I’ve tried everything. I’ve quit even apologizing or attempting to leave the room w my family. Too voluminous! Lol!

Amy

awillett1991
            Participant

Amy

rosa1
              Participant

Al-

I wish you the very best and continued success for a long, long time, to you and all of us on this board and all the people fighting this terrible disease.  Pray for a cure soon, keep the faith!

Rosa

rosa1
                Participant

Al-

I wish you the very best and continued success for a long, long time, to you and all of us on this board and all the people fighting this terrible disease.  Pray for a cure soon, keep the faith!

Rosa

rosa1
                  Participant

Al-

Rosa

Gene_S
                    Participant

Hi Al,

Great news to hear you are almost NED.  If you want to rid yourself of the prescription drug for acid reflux I have a few people that have told me that a little Aloe Vera Juice everyday does the same thing as the script and no side effects as well.  You can put the juice in anything you wish and drink it or even take it by itself.  

As far as the Social Security – if you are not working apply for it since you are Stage IV.  Gene's went through pretty quick.

Judy (loving wife of Gene)

Gene_S
                      Participant

Hi Al,

Great news to hear you are almost NED.  If you want to rid yourself of the prescription drug for acid reflux I have a few people that have told me that a little Aloe Vera Juice everyday does the same thing as the script and no side effects as well.  You can put the juice in anything you wish and drink it or even take it by itself.  

As far as the Social Security – if you are not working apply for it since you are Stage IV.  Gene's went through pretty quick.

Gene_S
                          Participant

You might also like to try Tumeric or Curcurmin to help with the acid reflux here is part of a page about it:

1) Turmeric. One of the most medicinal spices known to man, turmeric, which is also commonly referred to as curcumin, its active ingredient, is a powerful anti-inflammatory herb that has been shown to help aid in the proper digestion of food. Because of its strong astringent qualities, turmeric can help seal the lining of the bowel and digestive tract, effectively blocking the condition commonly referred to as leaky gut syndrome.

Turmeric is also known to suppress the excess production of stomach acid, which can cause chronic stomach upset and even physical damage to the intestinal wall. And regular consumption of turmeric has been shown to help prevent gastroesophageal reflux, also known as heartburn, as well as prevent the formation of both gastric and duodenal ulcers.

(http://www.life-enhancement.com)

Learn more: http://www.naturalnews.com/039436_gut_health_healing_spices.html#ixzz2NFdWsJcF

Judy

Gene_S
                            Participant

You might also like to try Tumeric or Curcurmin to help with the acid reflux here is part of a page about it:

1) Turmeric. One of the most medicinal spices known to man, turmeric, which is also commonly referred to as curcumin, its active ingredient, is a powerful anti-inflammatory herb that has been shown to help aid in the proper digestion of food. Because of its strong astringent qualities, turmeric can help seal the lining of the bowel and digestive tract, effectively blocking the condition commonly referred to as leaky gut syndrome.

Turmeric is also known to suppress the excess production of stomach acid, which can cause chronic stomach upset and even physical damage to the intestinal wall. And regular consumption of turmeric has been shown to help prevent gastroesophageal reflux, also known as heartburn, as well as prevent the formation of both gastric and duodenal ulcers.

Learn more: http://www.naturalnews.com/039436_gut_health_healing_spices.html#ixzz2NFdWsJcF

Judy

Gene_S
                              Participant

Judy

Gene_S
                              Participant

Hi Al,

WayneG
                                Participant

Great news, Al!  Congratulations!  Love that PMA, priorities, and encouragement you give to all of us on the mel journey….

Wayne – Stage IV, 11 months on "Z"

WayneG
                                  Participant

Great news, Al!  Congratulations!  Love that PMA, priorities, and encouragement you give to all of us on the mel journey….

WayneG
                                    Participant

Fen
                                      Participant

Wonderful, wonderful news.  Thanks for the update and your useful posts and replies.   

Fen

Fen
                                        Participant

Wonderful, wonderful news.  Thanks for the update and your useful posts and replies.   

Fen

Fen
                                          Participant

Fen

Cielo
                                            Participant

Al, Love that high-spirited attitude! It is such an inspiration. Just want you to know, you are in my prayer list. Amen to the last sentence.

Cielo

Cielo
                                              Participant

Al, Love that high-spirited attitude! It is such an inspiration. Just want you to know, you are in my prayer list. Amen to the last sentence.

Cielo

Cielo
                                                Participant

Cielo

Bruce Davis
                                                  Participant
                                                    AL,
                                                    Always inspired by reading your posts. Congrats on the 18 months on Z and wish you many more good scans.
                                                    I know where your coming from with the gas as I’m right behind you with 18 months on Z in about a week.
                                                    Feel very fortunate and fairly healthy, fighting the big M with you!
                                                    Bruce
                                                    Bruce Davis
                                                    Participant
                                                      AL,
                                                      Always inspired by reading your posts. Congrats on the 18 months on Z and wish you many more good scans.
                                                      I know where your coming from with the gas as I’m right behind you with 18 months on Z in about a week.
                                                      Bruce
                                                      Bruce Davis
                                                      Participant
                                                        AL,
                                                        Bruce
                                                        aldakota22
                                                        Participant

Thank you to everybody.The words of encouragement mean so much.There are times ,very few and short lasting I get down a little.It is then I read these kind words to get me over the funk.Feeds my PMA.Love to see that there are more people who are kicking cancers ass on these new treatments.We will Beat the Beast.  Al

aldakota22
                                                          Participant

Thank you to everybody.The words of encouragement mean so much.There are times ,very few and short lasting I get down a little.It is then I read these kind words to get me over the funk.Feeds my PMA.Love to see that there are more people who are kicking cancers ass on these new treatments.We will Beat the Beast.  Al

aldakota22
                                                            Participant

Tina D
                                                              Participant

Al,

WONDERFUL milestone ๐Ÿ™‚ !! Congratulations on this and thanks so much for always being so faithful to post! I am so happy to hear abt your nearly NED status. I hope your low iron levels aren't sapping your energy too much & that they can figure a way to keep that up for you so you can feel well.Hoping along with you that the MRI concern will be nothing. That is the one thing abt having such frequent scans…many people have little things that would show up, then disappear because they are "nothing" but there is no awareness of it because they arent scanned every 3-4 months! 

Always love hearing from you. 

Tina

Tina D
                                                                Participant

Al,

WONDERFUL milestone ๐Ÿ™‚ !! Congratulations on this and thanks so much for always being so faithful to post! I am so happy to hear abt your nearly NED status. I hope your low iron levels aren't sapping your energy too much & that they can figure a way to keep that up for you so you can feel well.Hoping along with you that the MRI concern will be nothing. That is the one thing abt having such frequent scans…many people have little things that would show up, then disappear because they are "nothing" but there is no awareness of it because they arent scanned every 3-4 months! 

Tina

Tina D
                                                                  Participant

Al,

Tina

Richard_K
                                                                    Participant

Hi Al, I have been absent for awhile and glad to hear about the anniversary.  I hope the other issues turn out to be nothing.  Good luck.

Dick

Richard_K
                                                                      Participant

Hi Al, I have been absent for awhile and glad to hear about the anniversary.  I hope the other issues turn out to be nothing.  Good luck.

Dick

Richard_K
                                                                        Participant

Dick

Viewing 29 reply threads
                                                                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                                                      About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide byย MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics