The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Just got back from Oncology appointment

Forums General Melanoma Community Just got back from Oncology appointment

Participant

It's been 4-1/2 years now since my surgery and stil NED! Onc says that if my next scan (6 months) comes in clean, he will be releasing me to my PC to monitor. No need to come back unless new symtoms develop. I'm still letting it sink in. Can't believe I made it this long and I'll be glad to not have those occurannces of scanxiety every 6 months. I can't shake the thought though that this monster can come back at any time, any place, and without symptoms.

It's been 4-1/2 years now since my surgery and stil NED! Onc says that if my next scan (6 months) comes in clean, he will be releasing me to my PC to monitor. No need to come back unless new symtoms develop. I'm still letting it sink in. Can't believe I made it this long and I'll be glad to not have those occurannces of scanxiety every 6 months. I can't shake the thought though that this monster can come back at any time, any place, and without symptoms. I'm sure my next scan is going to be a real trial for my nerves, but I'm praying that I make it with another clean bill of health.

Viewing 17 reply threads
    • Replies
        aldakota22
        Participant

Congradulations on keeping your NED status.Hopefully on my way to be officially NED with scans later this month.Posts like this are uplifting and inspiring for so many of us .Keep us updated in your jouneyWill be in my prayers..Beat the Beast.   Al

aldakota22
          Participant

Congradulations on keeping your NED status.Hopefully on my way to be officially NED with scans later this month.Posts like this are uplifting and inspiring for so many of us .Keep us updated in your jouneyWill be in my prayers..Beat the Beast.   Al

aldakota22
            Participant

JakeinNY
              Participant

Great news!!!

Even after your next scan is clear, please keep coming on here and post at least once per year!

dodgedh2
                  Participant

I will be continuing to participate on this board. It has helped me get through some very difficult times and I know how important it is for others that are just beginning this journey.

dodgedh2
                    Participant

I will be continuing to participate on this board. It has helped me get through some very difficult times and I know how important it is for others that are just beginning this journey.

dodgedh2
                      Participant

JakeinNY
                      Participant

Great news!!!

Even after your next scan is clear, please keep coming on here and post at least once per year!

JakeinNY
                        Participant

Great news!!!

Linny
                          Participant

That is great news!! Yeah, the scanxiety we experience with those 6 month scans is brutal. Think positive: you're going to do just fine on that last scan. laugh

Linny
                            Participant

That is great news!! Yeah, the scanxiety we experience with those 6 month scans is brutal. Think positive: you're going to do just fine on that last scan. laugh

Linny
                              Participant

_Paul_
                                Participant
                                  Congratulations on your results! It is so encouraging to here your success. Thank you for posting.
                                  _Paul_
                                  Participant
                                    Congratulations on your results! It is so encouraging to here your success. Thank you for posting.
                                    _Paul_
                                    Participant
                                      buckytom
                                      Participant

Thank you for posting! As newly diagnosed it is extremely encouraging to hear about those that are fighting this disease! Good luck – and my prayers are with you!

buckytom
                                        Participant

Thank you for posting! As newly diagnosed it is extremely encouraging to hear about those that are fighting this disease! Good luck – and my prayers are with you!

buckytom
                                          Participant

buffcody
                                            Participant

As a fellow U. of M. patient, I am especially heartened and gladdened by your great news. Just out of curiosity, what onclogist have you been working with there?

buffcody
                                              Participant

As a fellow U. of M. patient, I am especially heartened and gladdened by your great news. Just out of curiosity, what onclogist have you been working with there?

dodgedh2
                                                  Participant

I've been working with Dr. Redman  in the Melanoma Clinic at University Hospitol (U of M).

dodgedh2
                                                    Participant

I've been working with Dr. Redman  in the Melanoma Clinic at University Hospitol (U of M).

buffcody
                                                      Participant

I've been working with his sidekick, Chris Lao.

buffcody
                                                        Participant

buffcody
                                                          Participant

dodgedh2
                                                            Participant

buffcody
                                                            Participant

Viewing 17 reply threads
                                                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                                          About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics