The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Joe and Terri Fornear will be on the 700 Club October 26th!

Forums General Melanoma Community Joe and Terri Fornear will be on the 700 Club October 26th!

Participant

I was so excited to see this information and I wanted to post here in case anyone would like to see this interview:

I was so excited to see this information and I wanted to post here in case anyone would like to see this interview:

The 700 Club will air an interview of Joe and Terri Fornear about Joe's miraculous healing from cancer on Wednesday, October 26. Since times and channels vary, check your local TV listings here:
      http://www.cbn.com/700club/ShowInfo/Schedule/schedule.aspx

I just finished his book and his recovery from melanoma is quite miraculous. Can't wait to see it!

Cristy, Stage IV

Viewing 5 reply threads
    • Replies
        melissa ann
        Participant

I have also read his book and correspond with him quite often.  He has been very supportive to My husband Peck and I.  His story is full of hope, faith and  miracles.  He is a very gracious and loving person, who has fought and survived this crazy disease that has affected all of our lives.  We have shard his book with so many, if you have not read it, find the time, it is well worth it.  Peace and blessings to all!  Melissa

melissa ann
          Participant

I have also read his book and correspond with him quite often.  He has been very supportive to My husband Peck and I.  His story is full of hope, faith and  miracles.  He is a very gracious and loving person, who has fought and survived this crazy disease that has affected all of our lives.  We have shard his book with so many, if you have not read it, find the time, it is well worth it.  Peace and blessings to all!  Melissa

Laurie from maine
              Participant

hi

I will definitely pick up his book.  I am surprised to see he did interleukin and then chemo and then radiation and that is what cured him?   I know it is also his faith.  I have not heard chemo as an option for stage 4 especially with the melanoma all thru his body like he had.  Do many stage 4 people receive and benefit from chemo? was he just an amazing exception?  I just wonder as I try to figure out my options if I need them in the future.

thank you for sharing.

laurie from maine

JerryfromFauq
                Participant

There are many chemo treatments that have a positive effect on some melanoma patients.  The problem is that on a percentage basis it is only very small percentage of patients that each helps.  If sience were to the point that it could tell us which treatment will help which case of melanoma, it would be great.  The side effects and time to try many different treatments is one of the bad problems with getting to try to find the correct treatment for each individual.  Yes, chemo can work for some, Which chemo for whom is what is questionable.  This is where the treatment is moving towards identivying specific oncoproteins on the tumor cell surfaces and the DNA mutations in the melanoma cells and then using Targeted Chemo to attack the specific proteins and mutations that each Targeted chemo can work on.  In some cases it has appeared that IL-2 and now Yervoy has actually enhanced effect of some treatments by enhancing the immune system to a higher level of attack on some melanoma's.  More investigation is needed on exactly what does what and why!

Lisa13
                  Participant

Melanoma may suck and some people will continue to say that treatment doesn't work for long, but this man's story tells us that people survive this and some treatments do work!  All the treatmenst out there – chemo, IL-2, Yervoy, clinical trials, etc do help some people live years or keep them going till the next best thing comes along. 

As Jerry said, we don't know what works on who, but at least there is definate hope that treatment will continue to get better as time goes by.  We all just have to do whatever we can and keep holding on to hope/faith or whatever it is that keeps us strong.

Lisa13
                    Participant

Melanoma may suck and some people will continue to say that treatment doesn't work for long, but this man's story tells us that people survive this and some treatments do work!  All the treatmenst out there – chemo, IL-2, Yervoy, clinical trials, etc do help some people live years or keep them going till the next best thing comes along. 

As Jerry said, we don't know what works on who, but at least there is definate hope that treatment will continue to get better as time goes by.  We all just have to do whatever we can and keep holding on to hope/faith or whatever it is that keeps us strong.

Lisa13
                      Participant

JerryfromFauq
                        Participant

There are many chemo treatments that have a positive effect on some melanoma patients.  The problem is that on a percentage basis it is only very small percentage of patients that each helps.  If sience were to the point that it could tell us which treatment will help which case of melanoma, it would be great.  The side effects and time to try many different treatments is one of the bad problems with getting to try to find the correct treatment for each individual.  Yes, chemo can work for some, Which chemo for whom is what is questionable.  This is where the treatment is moving towards identivying specific oncoproteins on the tumor cell surfaces and the DNA mutations in the melanoma cells and then using Targeted Chemo to attack the specific proteins and mutations that each Targeted chemo can work on.  In some cases it has appeared that IL-2 and now Yervoy has actually enhanced effect of some treatments by enhancing the immune system to a higher level of attack on some melanoma's.  More investigation is needed on exactly what does what and why!

JerryfromFauq
                          Participant

mombase
                            Participant

Hi Laurie!

Joe will send you a copy of his book (along with a bunch of other cool stuff!) if you go to his ministry website ( http://www.mystronghold.org ) and send him your address. I can't even tell you how blessed my daughter and I were when I opened up the box.  It is a huge, thriving ministry, and he would love many people with melanoma to check out his ministry!

Cristy, Stage IV

mombase
                              Participant

Hi Laurie!

Joe will send you a copy of his book (along with a bunch of other cool stuff!) if you go to his ministry website ( http://www.mystronghold.org ) and send him your address. I can't even tell you how blessed my daughter and I were when I opened up the box.  It is a huge, thriving ministry, and he would love many people with melanoma to check out his ministry!

Cristy, Stage IV

mombase
                                Participant

Hi Laurie!

Cristy, Stage IV

Laurie from maine
                                  Participant

hi

I will definitely pick up his book.  I am surprised to see he did interleukin and then chemo and then radiation and that is what cured him?   I know it is also his faith.  I have not heard chemo as an option for stage 4 especially with the melanoma all thru his body like he had.  Do many stage 4 people receive and benefit from chemo? was he just an amazing exception?  I just wonder as I try to figure out my options if I need them in the future.

thank you for sharing.

laurie from maine

Laurie from maine
                                    Participant

hi

thank you for sharing.

laurie from maine

melissa ann
                                    Participant

mombase
                                      Participant

Well after all of that excitement, I could not get the channel that his interview was on. I am at the mercy of Direct TV, which shows the 700 Club on several channels. The one he did his interview on was not available to me. Did any of you see it? I hope there is another opportunity (youtube?) to see it!  I am definitely a science kind of person, however, I also believe that faith and attitude play a HUGE role in healing. 

Cristy, Stage IV

mombase
                                        Participant

Well after all of that excitement, I could not get the channel that his interview was on. I am at the mercy of Direct TV, which shows the 700 Club on several channels. The one he did his interview on was not available to me. Did any of you see it? I hope there is another opportunity (youtube?) to see it!  I am definitely a science kind of person, however, I also believe that faith and attitude play a HUGE role in healing. 

Cristy, Stage IV

mombase
                                          Participant

Cristy, Stage IV

Viewing 5 reply threads
                                        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                        About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics