The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Jim is going to Hospice

Forums General Melanoma Community Jim is going to Hospice

Participant

I can barely type these words…I am in shock.  this went so fast.  He still thinks we will go there and then go home…the ultimiate optomist.  I can't breathe, sleep, or anything.  Pray for me for strength…If you can believe this, he is pain free, only has awful bile that he throws up or they pull out, but no pain, just heart burn.  My heart is aching…43 years for us on Dec 4th….

Take Carem

Sherron, wife to Jim

I can barely type these words…I am in shock.  this went so fast.  He still thinks we will go there and then go home…the ultimiate optomist.  I can't breathe, sleep, or anything.  Pray for me for strength…If you can believe this, he is pain free, only has awful bile that he throws up or they pull out, but no pain, just heart burn.  My heart is aching…43 years for us on Dec 4th….

Take Carem

Sherron, wife to Jim

Viewing 31 reply threads
    • Replies
        Lori C
        Participant

Sherron, I am sorry.  You are in my prayers.  Please email me if you need to talk to someone who has been through it.

Lori C
          Participant

Sherron, I am sorry.  You are in my prayers.  Please email me if you need to talk to someone who has been through it.

Cate
            Participant

Sherron,  I am so sorry to hear this.  I know how difficult it must be for you.  I'm glad to hear hospice is involved and that Jim is pain free.  Thinking of you and  your family.  Cate

Cate
              Participant

Sherron,  I am so sorry to hear this.  I know how difficult it must be for you.  I'm glad to hear hospice is involved and that Jim is pain free.  Thinking of you and  your family.  Cate

EricNJill
                Participant

Sherron,  This just sucks.  I'm so sorry.   When we found out Eric had the brain tumor I got on depression medication and it helped me get through the day without falling apart completely.  He also prescribed me Xanax.  I've only taken it a couple of times and at night because it makes me sleepy. 

I'm just so sorry.  JillNEric In OH

EricNJill
                  Participant

Sherron,  This just sucks.  I'm so sorry.   When we found out Eric had the brain tumor I got on depression medication and it helped me get through the day without falling apart completely.  He also prescribed me Xanax.  I've only taken it a couple of times and at night because it makes me sleepy. 

I'm just so sorry.  JillNEric In OH

Janner
                    Participant

My thoughts are with you and Jim, Sherron.  Don't forget to take care of yourself, too!

Janner

Janner
                      Participant

My thoughts are with you and Jim, Sherron.  Don't forget to take care of yourself, too!

Janner

JuleFL
                        Participant

Sherron, I am sorry that you are going through this and I will pray for strength for you.  Thank goodness Jim is pain free.  Hospice should have some counseling resources for you to use – I am now using their bereavement counseling.  God bless you both.

Jule

JuleFL
                          Participant

Sherron, I am sorry that you are going through this and I will pray for strength for you.  Thank goodness Jim is pain free.  Hospice should have some counseling resources for you to use – I am now using their bereavement counseling.  God bless you both.

Jule

King
                            Participant

Sherron,

You and Jim will be in my thoughts and prayers.  Hospice is there for you and Jim!  Please lean on them at this time.  One moment at a time…

Stay Strong
                              King

Stage IV 7/05 Liver mets

King
                              Participant

Sherron,

You and Jim will be in my thoughts and prayers.  Hospice is there for you and Jim!  Please lean on them at this time.  One moment at a time…

Stay Strong
                                King

Stage IV 7/05 Liver mets

Linda/Kentucky
                                Participant

Sherron I am soo very sorry for you I know your heart must feel like it's being ripped right out of your chest. I will do the only thing I know to do and that is pray for God to give you strength and peace.  I hope you have family around you to help support you through this.  Thank goodness he is pain free and hospice is helping.  Hugs and prayers coming your way~~~

Linda/Kentucky

Linda/Kentucky
                                  Participant

Sherron I am soo very sorry for you I know your heart must feel like it's being ripped right out of your chest. I will do the only thing I know to do and that is pray for God to give you strength and peace.  I hope you have family around you to help support you through this.  Thank goodness he is pain free and hospice is helping.  Hugs and prayers coming your way~~~

Linda/Kentucky

JoanR
                                    Participant

Hi Sherron, Jim will be well-cared for now, and equally important so will you. Embrace all the help and support both of you will receive. The time that is ahead is precious and you will be able to handle everything just fine, I have walked in your shoes, and you will be surprised at your strength, May Jim continue to be painfree, that is a blessing. Take care, come here for support, you have a big loving family here. I am so sorry things have escalated to this..this is one miserable disease.

JoanR
                                      Participant

Hi Sherron, Jim will be well-cared for now, and equally important so will you. Embrace all the help and support both of you will receive. The time that is ahead is precious and you will be able to handle everything just fine, I have walked in your shoes, and you will be surprised at your strength, May Jim continue to be painfree, that is a blessing. Take care, come here for support, you have a big loving family here. I am so sorry things have escalated to this..this is one miserable disease.

MaryD
                                        Participant

I'm so sorry Sherron – this is such a difficult journey.  Please know you and Jim are in my prayers and hospice will be a great help to you and Jim.  Thankfully he is not in pain …

Mary

MaryD
                                          Participant

I'm so sorry Sherron – this is such a difficult journey.  Please know you and Jim are in my prayers and hospice will be a great help to you and Jim.  Thankfully he is not in pain …

Mary

My thoughts are with you and Jim.  I pray that you feel God's arms wrapped around you, holding you, comforting you; that you will feel the peace that God brings to our hearts.

Peace,

Shelly

Nancy
                                              Participant

My husband of 43 years just died this month from Melanoma–I miss him, but people say the memories of 43 years together will help….I hope so..  I know you're through a rough time in your life..

I will keep you and your Jim in prayer,..

God Bless,

Nancy

Nancy
                                                Participant

My husband of 43 years just died this month from Melanoma–I miss him, but people say the memories of 43 years together will help….I hope so..  I know you're through a rough time in your life..

I will keep you and your Jim in prayer,..

God Bless,

Nancy

My thoughts are with you and Jim.  I pray that you feel God's arms wrapped around you, holding you, comforting you; that you will feel the peace that God brings to our hearts.

Peace,

Shelly

KellieSue
                                                Participant

Sherron, I'm so sorry.

I hate this disease so much everyday. It's takes such wonderful people from their families, I just want to scream.

I'm so sorry. I hope Hospice is able to help the way you need it.

Kellie(from Iowa) Stage IV, 2nd round of ALT

KellieSue
                                                  Participant

Sherron, I'm so sorry.

I hate this disease so much everyday. It's takes such wonderful people from their families, I just want to scream.

I'm so sorry. I hope Hospice is able to help the way you need it.

Kellie(from Iowa) Stage IV, 2nd round of ALT

ValinMtl
                                                    Participant

Sherron, I'm so sorry to hear this news.  I will keep both you and Jim in my prayers.  It just so sad.  Val xx

ValinMtl
                                                      Participant

Sherron, I'm so sorry to hear this news.  I will keep both you and Jim in my prayers.  It just so sad.  Val xx

Rebecca and Bob
                                                        Participant

Sherron,

Jim has been such a strong person about this disease, I'm so sorry to read your post. We all hope things will somehow turn around.

Sending you prayers. In all of this it's so easy to forget about yourself as the caregiver, make sure you take care of yourself.

Thinking of you,

Rebecca

Rebecca and Bob
                                                          Participant

Sherron,

Jim has been such a strong person about this disease, I'm so sorry to read your post. We all hope things will somehow turn around.

Sending you prayers. In all of this it's so easy to forget about yourself as the caregiver, make sure you take care of yourself.

Thinking of you,

Rebecca

triciad
                                                            Participant

Sherron,

My heart is aching.  You both have been through so much with this dreadful disease.  My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.  Please let us know if we can help.  There's no other way to say it…Melanoma sucks!

Tricia

triciad
                                                              Participant

Sherron,

My heart is aching.  You both have been through so much with this dreadful disease.  My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.  Please let us know if we can help.  There's no other way to say it…Melanoma sucks!

Tricia

BethA in VA
                                                                Participant

What a change for your lives. I am sorry things are going so bad.  Hospice is a good place.  They are kind and generous people.  They helped our family wh en we were so stressed and couldn't control the pain.  Feeling helpless is an awful part of this process…but let hospice help you.

I send prayers for both of you and your family. Take care of each other…but let others take care of you. 

Good luck.  Beth 3/B

BethA in VA
                                                                  Participant

What a change for your lives. I am sorry things are going so bad.  Hospice is a good place.  They are kind and generous people.  They helped our family wh en we were so stressed and couldn't control the pain.  Feeling helpless is an awful part of this process…but let hospice help you.

I send prayers for both of you and your family. Take care of each other…but let others take care of you. 

Good luck.  Beth 3/B

BarbieGirl
                                                                    Participant

Sherron, I'm so sorry to hear this news about Jim.

I have to give it to him—Jim's done it his way until now, and had 4+ years of quality of life.  It's most likely he could've started in '06 and visited docs and had scans and treatments all along, minus quality of life, and still be where he is now.

It's hard to imagine how things have progressed so fast.  It's also hard to imagine what you are going through, my friend.  I love you, and please know I"m keeping you all in my heart and prayers.

If I can do anything at all for you.. please let me know.  I'm just down the road a bit.  *hugz*

~Lisa~ ([email protected]) or ([email protected])  

BarbieGirl
                                                                      Participant

Sherron, I'm so sorry to hear this news about Jim.

I have to give it to him—Jim's done it his way until now, and had 4+ years of quality of life.  It's most likely he could've started in '06 and visited docs and had scans and treatments all along, minus quality of life, and still be where he is now.

It's hard to imagine how things have progressed so fast.  It's also hard to imagine what you are going through, my friend.  I love you, and please know I"m keeping you all in my heart and prayers.

If I can do anything at all for you.. please let me know.  I'm just down the road a bit.  *hugz*

~Lisa~ ([email protected]) or ([email protected])  

Viewing 31 reply threads
                                                                    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                                                    About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics