The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Jabber help

Forums General Melanoma Community Jabber help

Participant

This is Stan Scott from King nc. In July they found my 3rd mm after surgery the site got mrasa. Now this week they found my 8th basil cell on my nose. The first cancer on my face now I'm afraid I will come out looking like a monster. Help me. 

Viewing 20 reply threads
    • Replies
        Rick from NC
        Participant

I've had 2 Mohs surgeries on my face, and the scars are barely noticeable.  Had my nose biopsied this morning; hope it's benign.  

Rick from NC
          Participant

I've had 2 Mohs surgeries on my face, and the scars are barely noticeable.  Had my nose biopsied this morning; hope it's benign.  

Rick from NC
            Participant

debwray
              Participant

Hi Stan,

Sorry to hear you had MRSA after the latest melanoma was removed and having to deal with multiple basal cell lesions as well must be very difficult.

About all I can offer is that the scars from removal do improve over time- and  I'm sure your team will do their best to deliver the best possible cosmetic result… presumably they caught the face one fairly early due to  follow up and your own vigilance ?

Just wanted to post so you know we are listening. 

Good luck

Deb

debwray
                Participant

Hi Stan,

Sorry to hear you had MRSA after the latest melanoma was removed and having to deal with multiple basal cell lesions as well must be very difficult.

About all I can offer is that the scars from removal do improve over time- and  I'm sure your team will do their best to deliver the best possible cosmetic result… presumably they caught the face one fairly early due to  follow up and your own vigilance ?

Good luck

Deb

debwray
                  Participant

Hi Stan,

Good luck

Deb

Mamapegela
                    Participant

Hi Stan-

Prior to my melanoma diagnosis I had 3 basal cell carcinomas – one was right by the inner corner of my eye and one was on my temple (the third was on my neck).  They did an amazing job of minimizing my scarring especially in that delicate area by my eye.

Hope that you have a similar experience and sorry about your mel and your infection.

Best,

Peggy

Mamapegela
                      Participant

Hi Stan-

Prior to my melanoma diagnosis I had 3 basal cell carcinomas – one was right by the inner corner of my eye and one was on my temple (the third was on my neck).  They did an amazing job of minimizing my scarring especially in that delicate area by my eye.

Hope that you have a similar experience and sorry about your mel and your infection.

Best,

Peggy

Mamapegela
                        Participant

Hi Stan-

Best,

Peggy

Kim K
                          Participant

My Mom had Mohs surgery on her cheek just below her eye.  You can't even tell she had surgery in spite of her being 84 years old with crepy thin skin.  Not a biggie to worry about, the Mohs surgeons are out of this world crazy good.  If you do nothing, then the spot will become monsterous.

Kim K
                            Participant

My Mom had Mohs surgery on her cheek just below her eye.  You can't even tell she had surgery in spite of her being 84 years old with crepy thin skin.  Not a biggie to worry about, the Mohs surgeons are out of this world crazy good.  If you do nothing, then the spot will become monsterous.

Kim K
                              Participant

stars
                                Participant

I had a BCC removed from the upper left side of my nose – it left a decent cut (I didn't have Mohs, I had an excision). However, the face is so well vascularised that it heals amazingly well. I don't even notice that scar now and I've never had anyone mention it, even though it's a good 1cm long and in a fairly prominent place. Don't sweat this, you will be fine.

stars
                                  Participant

I had a BCC removed from the upper left side of my nose – it left a decent cut (I didn't have Mohs, I had an excision). However, the face is so well vascularised that it heals amazingly well. I don't even notice that scar now and I've never had anyone mention it, even though it's a good 1cm long and in a fairly prominent place. Don't sweat this, you will be fine.

stars
                                    Participant

Scared99
                                      Participant

Stan, I have never had basal cell but a buddy from work has had about 5-6 on his face that got removed.  You cannot even notice where they were on his face.  I think the face heals incredibly well.   

Scared99
                                        Participant

Stan, I have never had basal cell but a buddy from work has had about 5-6 on his face that got removed.  You cannot even notice where they were on his face.  I think the face heals incredibly well.   

Scared99
                                          Participant

jennunicorn
                                            Participant

One thing to remember about BCC is they take very very small margins compared with melanoma margins. Add on the excellent MOHS surgery and you'll barely know you had anything taken off once healed, just like others have mentioned. My dad sees his derm every 6 months and every time he gets another BCC removed, mainly face and arms, he's been cut up far more than I have and I can't even tell where they did the removals after they heal.

Take care,

jennunicorn
                                              Participant

One thing to remember about BCC is they take very very small margins compared with melanoma margins. Add on the excellent MOHS surgery and you'll barely know you had anything taken off once healed, just like others have mentioned. My dad sees his derm every 6 months and every time he gets another BCC removed, mainly face and arms, he's been cut up far more than I have and I can't even tell where they did the removals after they heal.

Take care,

jennunicorn
                                                Participant

Take care,

Viewing 20 reply threads
                                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                              About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics