The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

It’s baaaaa-ack

Forums General Melanoma Community It’s baaaaa-ack

Participant

I had a PET/CT scan yesterday (Thursday), and it showed four lesions in/on my right lung. They are of recent origin, and they are very small. Because they are so small, my doctor believes they can be treated with chemotherapy. (My two previous recurrences — one lesion in my left lung and one in my liver — were successfully dealt with by CyberKnife and RFA treatment, but these are two small.) I'm not sure when things will get rolling, but I'm back in the lair of the beast.

I had a PET/CT scan yesterday (Thursday), and it showed four lesions in/on my right lung. They are of recent origin, and they are very small. Because they are so small, my doctor believes they can be treated with chemotherapy. (My two previous recurrences — one lesion in my left lung and one in my liver — were successfully dealt with by CyberKnife and RFA treatment, but these are two small.) I'm not sure when things will get rolling, but I'm back in the lair of the beast. Next week, I will "celebrate" the 10th anniversary of my initial diagnosis, so this is an interesting time.

Viewing 11 reply threads
    • Replies
        boot2aboot
        Participant

I am sorry that the beast is back.

That is interesting that you got your liver and lung met eradicated by cyber knife…hmmmm…i have never heard of cyber knife used for anything but brain mets.  Maybe i ought to go see the radiation onc again.

are you braf positive? will you do cyber knife again since it worked so well for you thus far?

boots

boot2aboot
          Participant

That is interesting that you got your liver and lung met eradicated by cyber knife…hmmmm…i have never heard of cyber knife used for anything but brain mets.  Maybe i ought to go see the radiation onc again.

are you braf positive? will you do cyber knife again since it worked so well for you thus far?

boots

boot2aboot
            Participant

boots

BethA in VA
              Participant

I am sorry you have to go thru this again.  We are never truly safe, but any NED time is a blessing.  I went 10 1/2 yrs NED and it came back.  But now its been more than 7 yrs again, so I breathe a bit easier each day.   Let us know how you are and what the treatment is.  I hope you do well, and will send prayers for your return to health.  Beth 3/B

NYKaren
                  Participant
                    Walter,
                    I too am sorry you’re going through this again. I had forgotten that you were the person who has his ear removed. My satellites are growing in my ear and I’m mighty scared. Scheduled to begin ipi reinduction march 8.
                    I just realized that I’ve had active disease for 12 of the past 14 months, and that’s not even considering all time it was on my scalp growing. I hope and pray we can all be NED soon. Sorry, this was supposed to be all about you and it turned out mostly about me!
                    take care,
                    Karen
                    WalterA
                    Participant

Yeah, Karen, I'm the guy who went the Van Gogh way. I really do hope you can beat the stuff back and enjoy a long period of NED. I've had active disease five times in the last 10 years and three times in the last four. It does get old. Keep my posted.

WalterA
                      Participant

Yeah, Karen, I'm the guy who went the Van Gogh way. I really do hope you can beat the stuff back and enjoy a long period of NED. I've had active disease five times in the last 10 years and three times in the last four. It does get old. Keep my posted.

WalterA
                        Participant

NYKaren
                          Participant
                            Walter,
                            I too am sorry you’re going through this again. I had forgotten that you were the person who has his ear removed. My satellites are growing in my ear and I’m mighty scared. Scheduled to begin ipi reinduction march 8.
                            I just realized that I’ve had active disease for 12 of the past 14 months, and that’s not even considering all time it was on my scalp growing. I hope and pray we can all be NED soon. Sorry, this was supposed to be all about you and it turned out mostly about me!
                            take care,
                            Karen
                            NYKaren
                            Participant
                              Walter,
                              take care,
                              Karen
                            BethA in VA
                            Participant

I am sorry you have to go thru this again.  We are never truly safe, but any NED time is a blessing.  I went 10 1/2 yrs NED and it came back.  But now its been more than 7 yrs again, so I breathe a bit easier each day.   Let us know how you are and what the treatment is.  I hope you do well, and will send prayers for your return to health.  Beth 3/B

BethA in VA
                              Participant

DonW
                                Participant

Hi, Walter. I remember you from the old days and I'm sorry to hear about the apparent recurrance. Hopefully this can be dealt with fairly easily. They don't want to confirm the mets with any kind of biopsy?

DonW
                                  Participant

Hi, Walter. I remember you from the old days and I'm sorry to hear about the apparent recurrance. Hopefully this can be dealt with fairly easily. They don't want to confirm the mets with any kind of biopsy?

DonW
                                    Participant

WalterA
                                        Participant

Don, I'm going to be breaking in a new oncologist for this, so I'm still not exactly what will happen. The doctor I'm leaving behind in Charleston — simply for logistical reasons and not because I'm dissatisfied — is pretty certain, but acknowledged that the doctor he's referred me to in Columbia might want to confirm that it's melanoma. What I do know is that it was melanoma in left lung and in my liver, and if this is something else, I'll be surprised.

WalterA
                                          Participant

Don, I'm going to be breaking in a new oncologist for this, so I'm still not exactly what will happen. The doctor I'm leaving behind in Charleston — simply for logistical reasons and not because I'm dissatisfied — is pretty certain, but acknowledged that the doctor he's referred me to in Columbia might want to confirm that it's melanoma. What I do know is that it was melanoma in left lung and in my liver, and if this is something else, I'll be surprised.

WalterA
                                            Participant

BarbieGirl
                                            Participant

Hey Walter!!  It's been a long time!  I hardly ever come here anymore, but decided to stop by tonight when I couldn't sleep..  I'm so sorry to hear you're back in the battle…. I hate melasuckanoma!   You've been kicking it's ass for 10 yrs now, I have no doubt you'll continue to do so!!

Love ya guy, and I'll be looking for an update!  *hugz*

~Lisa~

BarbieGirl
                                              Participant

Hey Walter!!  It's been a long time!  I hardly ever come here anymore, but decided to stop by tonight when I couldn't sleep..  I'm so sorry to hear you're back in the battle…. I hate melasuckanoma!   You've been kicking it's ass for 10 yrs now, I have no doubt you'll continue to do so!!

~Lisa~

BarbieGirl
                                                Participant

~Lisa~

Viewing 11 reply threads
                                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                              About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics