The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

It Takes A Village

Forums Caregiver Community It Takes A Village

Participant
      Okay, I usually don’t quote Hillary Clinton, but I feel like fighting melanoma really does take a village of people. Not only do we need the medical professionals (doctors,nurses, scientists), we also need the drug companies who run the clinical trials, the family and friends who care for our children, all the people who offer us emotional support and prayers, and our mpip family who truly understands our struggles and fears! When Phil went stage 4 in July 2011, I was so scared and unsure of our future!

Okay, I usually don’t quote Hillary Clinton, but I feel like fighting melanoma really does take a village of people. Not only do we need the medical professionals (doctors,nurses, scientists), we also need the drug companies who run the clinical trials, the family and friends who care for our children, all the people who offer us emotional support and prayers, and our mpip family who truly understands our struggles and fears! When Phil went stage 4 in July 2011, I was so scared and unsure of our future! When the nasty beast spread to his brain only three months later, I thought our family was doomed! I felt for sure, we would be losing Phil soon! But, we got ourselves to MDAnderson, Phil did six rounds of biochemo and the TIL trial. He finished the TIL trial in May/June 2012, and we are thrilled to say that today in Boston, he got STABLE scans again, 11 months post TIL cell day! So, we have another 3 months of treatment free living, and get to enjoy the Spring with our children, and more importantly Phil feels really well. So, THANK YOU to all who have helped us fight against the very bad odds, we love our teams at MDAnderson and Dana Farber! No one has ever taken Phil’s hope, they all encouraged him to keep fighting! So Stay Strong Warriors, you are all AMAZING, and dont forget to kiss/hug your caregivers, the village truly starts with them! God bless, Valerie (Phil’s wife)

Viewing 17 reply threads
    • Replies
        Bubbles
        Participant

Wonderful news!!!  Enjoy indeed!!!  Yours, Celeste

Bubbles
          Participant

Bubbles
            Participant

Colleen66
              Participant

Sounds like you had excellent care at md anderson and I am so glad.  This speaks more to md anderson than a ton of scary stories in the news.  Keep up the good fight

Colleen 

Colleen66
                Participant

Sounds like you had excellent care at md anderson and I am so glad.  This speaks more to md anderson than a ton of scary stories in the news.  Keep up the good fight

Colleen 

Colleen66
                  Participant

Colleen 

Tina D
                    Participant

Great post! We are also so very thankful for all the wonderful medical care I have received over the years… what a tremendous blessing they are! Thank you for the reminder & congratulations on his good news ๐Ÿ™‚  . Enjoy your spring!!

Tina

Tina D
                      Participant

Great post! We are also so very thankful for all the wonderful medical care I have received over the years… what a tremendous blessing they are! Thank you for the reminder & congratulations on his good news ๐Ÿ™‚  . Enjoy your spring!!

Tina

Tina D
                        Participant

Tina

NYKaren
                          Participant
                            Dear Valerie,
                            What a lovely post. I’m so happy for you both.
                            Enjoy each other and your family.
                            Karen
                            NYKaren
                            Participant
                              Dear Valerie,
                              Karen
                              NYKaren
                              Participant
                                Dear Valerie,
                                Karen
                                lrkg1234
                                Participant

Great news Valerie. I'm so happy for you both!

lrkg1234
                                  Participant

lrkg1234
                                    Participant

Janet Lee
                                      Participant

Thank you for such an uplifting post. Congratulations to you and Phil and your family.

Janet

Janet Lee
                                        Participant

Thank you for such an uplifting post. Congratulations to you and Phil and your family.

Janet

Janet Lee
                                          Participant

Janet

Viewing 17 reply threads

Tagged: 

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                        About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide byย MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics