The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Ippi 10mg follow up

Forums General Melanoma Community Ippi 10mg follow up

Participant

I had my first infusion of ippi monday. My daughter was sick with a fever that week also. By friday night I started feeling ill. (99 degree ) By saturday morning 130am I woke up with a 101.5 fever with chills and sore throat. I do have alot of congestion too. Ive been taking ibuprofen where it will lower the fever then the fever will go back up. This morning I also noticed that the right side of my neck is a lil tender and slightly swollen. ( no bumps or hard lumps) I had a left axillary lymph node disection dec 1st. All 11 nodes negative. Any insight on ippi treatment will be grateful.

Greg

Viewing 14 reply threads
    • Replies
        Scooby123
        Participant

Hi there,

I had ippi 4 doses of the lower dose. My experience was stomach cramps no fever but lumps in my armpit and I could feel lumps under my skin. It did settle after 3 dose it started going down each week. I coped very well with it. You are on the higher dose so things could have been different for me if I was too. Speak to your consultant regarding any side effects they usually can put you on meds to help.

all the best for you take care

scooby

Scooby123
          Participant

Hi there,

I had ippi 4 doses of the lower dose. My experience was stomach cramps no fever but lumps in my armpit and I could feel lumps under my skin. It did settle after 3 dose it started going down each week. I coped very well with it. You are on the higher dose so things could have been different for me if I was too. Speak to your consultant regarding any side effects they usually can put you on meds to help.

scooby

Scooby123
            Participant

Hi there,

scooby

gregor913
                Participant

What did your lumps feel like. Did they find any melanoma where those lumps popped up. I was just wondering if this is a reaction from ippi finding melanoma? Greg

Scooby123
                  Participant

When on ippi the lumps I got was some mel which I could not feel before on treatment. The treatment made the subs swell that's why I could feel them under my skin before starting treatment after the 3rd treatment they kept reducing down .every one reacts different to treatment . Hope this helps you .

scooby

Scooby123
                    Participant

When on ippi the lumps I got was some mel which I could not feel before on treatment. The treatment made the subs swell that's why I could feel them under my skin before starting treatment after the 3rd treatment they kept reducing down .every one reacts different to treatment . Hope this helps you .

scooby

Scooby123
                      Participant

scooby

gregor913
                        Participant

What did your lumps feel like. Did they find any melanoma where those lumps popped up. I was just wondering if this is a reaction from ippi finding melanoma? Greg

gregor913
                          Participant

Gene_S
                          Participant

Swollen neck could be just lymph reaction and fighting an infection.  You probably got what your daughter had.

gregor913
                              Participant
                                Doctor told me to switch to tylenol. My congestion is really bad and I think it’s causing this awful sore throat
                                gregor913
                                Participant
                                  Doctor told me to switch to tylenol. My congestion is really bad and I think it’s causing this awful sore throat
                                  gregor913
                                  Participant
                                  Gene_S
                                  Participant

Swollen neck could be just lymph reaction and fighting an infection.  You probably got what your daughter had.

Gene_S
                                    Participant

jennunicorn
                                      Participant

Hi Greg, 

Sorry to hear you haven't felt very good since your first infusion. I am going for my second on Tuesday (same dosage as you). I haven't had any fever or tenderness or bumps anywhere, mostly just fatigued. Sounds like you got what your daughter had. Last week my oncologist had me get a flu shot, have you had a flu shot this year? If not, you might talk to your doctor about getting one to be safe.

Hope you feel better soon,

Jenn

jennunicorn
                                        Participant

Hi Greg, 

Sorry to hear you haven't felt very good since your first infusion. I am going for my second on Tuesday (same dosage as you). I haven't had any fever or tenderness or bumps anywhere, mostly just fatigued. Sounds like you got what your daughter had. Last week my oncologist had me get a flu shot, have you had a flu shot this year? If not, you might talk to your doctor about getting one to be safe.

Jenn

jennunicorn
                                          Participant

Hi Greg, 

Jenn

gregor913
                                              Participant
                                                Yes I had a flu shot. That’s my only side effect fever and throat. No stomach cramps or anything else. I was also battling a infection under my left armpit that finally feels like it’s clearing up. Thanks greg
                                                gregor913
                                                Participant
                                                  Yes I had a flu shot. That’s my only side effect fever and throat. No stomach cramps or anything else. I was also battling a infection under my left armpit that finally feels like it’s clearing up. Thanks greg
                                                  gregor913
                                                  Participant
                                                  AshleyS
                                                  Participant

I've always found it so difficult to decipher between sickness and side effects. It sure stinks that we have to worry about catching bugs when we are trying to fight something bigger. Best of luck to you!

Ashley

AshleyS
                                                    Participant

I've always found it so difficult to decipher between sickness and side effects. It sure stinks that we have to worry about catching bugs when we are trying to fight something bigger. Best of luck to you!

Ashley

AshleyS
                                                      Participant

Ashley

mkirkland
                                                        Participant

Just wanted to share my well wishes to you Greg. I hope everything going on is related to the sickness you may have caught from your daughter and not related to the drug. Keep us posted on how you are doing.

Misty

mkirkland
                                                          Participant

Just wanted to share my well wishes to you Greg. I hope everything going on is related to the sickness you may have caught from your daughter and not related to the drug. Keep us posted on how you are doing.

Misty

mkirkland
                                                            Participant

Misty

Viewing 14 reply threads
                                                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                                          About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics