The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Ipilimumab – 1 year NED anniversary :-)

Forums General Melanoma Community Ipilimumab – 1 year NED anniversary :-)

Participant

Hi everyone.

Just got the news today: The PET/CT scans revealed that my wife is still NED – 1 year since we were told that Ipilimumab had worked so well. For those of you who cannot remember my wife, please click on my profile/my earlier posts to read more about our story. The battle has been going on for 5½ years now, but for the first time, we do dare dream of a future and freedom, without this ugly disease playing such a huge part.

Hi everyone.

Just got the news today: The PET/CT scans revealed that my wife is still NED – 1 year since we were told that Ipilimumab had worked so well. For those of you who cannot remember my wife, please click on my profile/my earlier posts to read more about our story. The battle has been going on for 5½ years now, but for the first time, we do dare dream of a future and freedom, without this ugly disease playing such a huge part.

I hope so many of you will still keep faith. Stay positive, because believing is half the way to freedom.

Kind regards

willtolive

Viewing 20 reply threads
    • Replies
        killmel
        Participant

Congrats…so happy for you both.

Did your wife have any long term side effects from IPI, that she is still living with today?

Beth

killmel
          Participant

Did your wife have any long term side effects from IPI, that she is still living with today?

Beth

willtolive
              Participant

Hi Beth

No, she doesnt have any sideeffects today.

willtolive
                Participant

Hi Beth

willtolive
                  Participant

Hi Beth

killmel
                  Participant

Beth

heronlover
                    Participant

I am so glad to read when a melanoma warrior continues to be NED.  Congratulations and many, many more good scans.  Paula

heronlover
                      Participant

I am so glad to read when a melanoma warrior continues to be NED.  Congratulations and many, many more good scans.  Paula

heronlover
                        Participant

aldakota22
                          Participant

Great news May it only be the first year of a lifetime of NED anniversaries.Keeping you in my prayers.  Al

aldakota22
                            Participant

Great news May it only be the first year of a lifetime of NED anniversaries.Keeping you in my prayers.  Al

Snickers60
                                Participant

OH PRAISE THE LORD !!!  CONGRATULATIONS SEEMS SO TRITE for such a HUGE FEIT !  

Oh my, it's post like this that keep me going !   That give me hope !!!  That keep

me from losing my mind !   THANK YOU SOOOO MUCH FOR COMING TO POST THIS ! 

PRAYERS FOR MANY, MANY YEARS CALLING HER "NED" !!!!!   :-)))))))))

Snickers60
                                  Participant

Oh my, it's post like this that keep me going !   That give me hope !!!  That keep

Snickers60
                                    Participant

aldakota22
                                    Participant

Roxy1453
                                      Participant
                                        Congrats!! Such great news! Here to many more years NED!!
                                        Nancy
                                        Roxy1453
                                        Participant
                                          Nancy
                                          Roxy1453
                                          Participant
                                            Nancy
                                            gabsound
                                            Participant
                                              Fantastic news!!! Wishing you continued NED.

Julie in Las Vegas

gabsound
                                              Participant

Julie in Las Vegas

gabsound
                                                Participant

Julie in Las Vegas

Carla Edge
                                                  Participant

I am new to the boards, but wanted to tell you thanks for sharing your good news.  Your story is inspiring!  It has only been a few months, but TIL hasn't seemed to work just yet for my husband.  Looks like we are headed in the IPI direction next.  He is feeling lousy from the radiation.  We expected that, but didn't expect it to be quite this exhausting.  We are frustrated he is feeling bad and worried about choosing ipi or the braf route.  I read your post and it all became clear that we were going the right direction with ipi and that there was hope.  Thanks for offering that at such a difficult time πŸ™‚  Here's to many more NED annis for you both!  Cheers πŸ™‚

Carla Edge
                                                    Participant

I am new to the boards, but wanted to tell you thanks for sharing your good news.  Your story is inspiring!  It has only been a few months, but TIL hasn't seemed to work just yet for my husband.  Looks like we are headed in the IPI direction next.  He is feeling lousy from the radiation.  We expected that, but didn't expect it to be quite this exhausting.  We are frustrated he is feeling bad and worried about choosing ipi or the braf route.  I read your post and it all became clear that we were going the right direction with ipi and that there was hope.  Thanks for offering that at such a difficult time πŸ™‚  Here's to many more NED annis for you both!  Cheers πŸ™‚

Kelly7
                                                        Participant

Thank you for sharing your inspiring story. It gives me so much hope for my brother that has lung mets and is on his 3rd dose of Yervoy!

Thank you for sharing!

Kelly7
                                                          Participant

Thank you for sharing your inspiring story. It gives me so much hope for my brother that has lung mets and is on his 3rd dose of Yervoy!

Thank you for sharing!

Kelly7
                                                            Participant

Thank you for sharing!

Carla Edge
                                                            Participant

MrsMolly
                                                              Participant

Congratulations!  That's so awesome. 

MrsMolly
                                                                Participant

MrsMolly
                                                                  Participant

Viewing 20 reply threads
                                                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                                                About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide byΒ MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics