The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

IPI/Yervoy Saved my Life – Clear scans for 3.5 years !!!

Forums General Melanoma Community IPI/Yervoy Saved my Life – Clear scans for 3.5 years !!!

Participant

I was originally diagnosed with stage 4 about 8.5 years ago, with tumors in my liver, spine, liver and spleen.  I went through biochemo and miraculously went into remission for a year, but had a maintenance program for a year of high dose interleukin-2 once a month.

I was originally diagnosed with stage 4 about 8.5 years ago, with tumors in my liver, spine, liver and spleen.  I went through biochemo and miraculously went into remission for a year, but had a maintenance program for a year of high dose interleukin-2 once a month. After about a year in remission, I started to get tumors in my soft tissue in my groin and leg.  After about 4 or 5 surgeries to remove the tumors, over the next year, I had six tumors in my thigh and groin area appear.   I was one of the early ipi trial participants over 6 years ago.  I had 4 infusions 6.5 years ago and then another 4 two years later.  My side effects were primarily a rash on my abdomen and the back of my legs, and some fatique. 

4 of my tumors shrank fairly quickly, and then disappeared within a year but one started growing a year after my second infusion and had to be surgically removed.  My last tumor then disappeared shortly after my surgery, and I have had clear scans for the last 3.5 years. I have also not had any new tumors appear since I started the IPI trial.

IPI has saved my life !!!! 

Viewing 11 reply threads
    • Replies
        triciad
        Participant

Congratulations!  It's wonderful to hear good news.  May you have continued success and happiness!!!!

Tricia

triciad
          Participant

Congratulations!  It's wonderful to hear good news.  May you have continued success and happiness!!!!

Tricia

Donna M.
            Participant

Congratulations!  Awesome news.

Lisa13
                Participant

Congrats!  I'm so very happy for you.  It's great to hear of success stories with this drug – especially a Stage 4. I'm on my 3rd ipi treatment next week and hope I can have the same luck as you.

You give us all hope.

Lisa – Stage 4 lung mets

Lisa13
                  Participant

Congrats!  I'm so very happy for you.  It's great to hear of success stories with this drug – especially a Stage 4. I'm on my 3rd ipi treatment next week and hope I can have the same luck as you.

You give us all hope.

Lisa – Stage 4 lung mets

Donna M.
                  Participant

Congratulations!  Awesome news.

JuleFL
                    Participant
                      Wow! That is fantastic news. You have been through so much, enjoy your NED life.

Jule

JuleFL
                      Participant
                        Wow! That is fantastic news. You have been through so much, enjoy your NED life.

Jule

JerryfromFauq
                        Participant

Hope to hear a yearly repeat of this for many more years!

JerryfromFauq
                          Participant

Hope to hear a yearly repeat of this for many more years!

washoegal
                            Participant

Congratulations, I agree please keep these posts up.  We get enough-such and such failed now what- success of others is really good medicine.

washoegal
                              Participant

Congratulations, I agree please keep these posts up.  We get enough-such and such failed now what- success of others is really good medicine.

mclaus23
                                Participant

This is so great to hear! I will be praying for your scans to continue to be clear!

Maggie

mclaus23
                                  Participant

This is so great to hear! I will be praying for your scans to continue to be clear!

Maggie

Viewing 11 reply threads
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics