The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

IPI Reinduction and a question re: Anti PD-1

Forums General Melanoma Community IPI Reinduction and a question re: Anti PD-1

Participant

I'm starting ipi again on Friday – has anyone heard of the percentage of numbers for reinduction?  I've heard they're better used by responders, but I just have no idea.  There seems to be many different numbers, so it's hard to understand what it could be.  Half the time, I can't understand why a medicine wouldn't work if it worked before, but nobody seems to know this clinical drug very well.

I'm starting ipi again on Friday – has anyone heard of the percentage of numbers for reinduction?  I've heard they're better used by responders, but I just have no idea.  There seems to be many different numbers, so it's hard to understand what it could be.  Half the time, I can't understand why a medicine wouldn't work if it worked before, but nobody seems to know this clinical drug very well.

Also, where in the U.S. are they having the cinical trial for Anti PD1 – Bristol Meyers? Apparently this one has been doing very well, but there isn't alot of these out there.  So confusing!  In Canada, we'll have Anti PD-1 (Merck) in 2 months, but I'm not even sure if this is going to be as good. 

One last thing, my Dr talked about a new clinical trial for brain mets coming available, so when I here about this, I'll be letting you all know.

Lisa

Viewing 11 reply threads
    • Replies
        WendyPam
        Participant

Hi Lisa,

My Mom started Yervoy reinduction last week. We have our next infusion on Feb 21.  Our doctor told us that the success with reinduction is around 40%. My Mom was a partial responder. Our center is getting the Anti-pd1L and pd1 trials he said around May.  Have you looked at Moffitt in Tampa, FL to see about the different anti-pd1 Dr. Weber is doing. I know they have or are opening more anti-pd1 trials there, no just the one that you had to have the HLA2 ( I think that's what it is, but don't hold me to that one). My Mom has mucosal melanoma – braf and c-kit negative. I wish you all the best with your reinduction.

Warm regards,

Wendy

WendyPam
          Participant

Hi Lisa,

My Mom started Yervoy reinduction last week. We have our next infusion on Feb 21.  Our doctor told us that the success with reinduction is around 40%. My Mom was a partial responder. Our center is getting the Anti-pd1L and pd1 trials he said around May.  Have you looked at Moffitt in Tampa, FL to see about the different anti-pd1 Dr. Weber is doing. I know they have or are opening more anti-pd1 trials there, no just the one that you had to have the HLA2 ( I think that's what it is, but don't hold me to that one). My Mom has mucosal melanoma – braf and c-kit negative. I wish you all the best with your reinduction.

Warm regards,

Wendy

WendyPam
            Participant

Hi Lisa,

Warm regards,

Wendy

LynnLuc
              Participant

I am on the Anti PD 1 trial at Moffitt with Dr Weber.

I also have heard rumors that the newer anti pd -1 drugs are not having the samw results.

LynnLuc
                Participant

I also have heard rumors that the newer anti pd -1 drugs are not having the samw results.

LynnLuc
                  Participant

boot2aboot
                    Participant

Lisa,

there are 4 different anti-PD1, anti-PDL trials going on in the states….i know of BM, Merk, Curetech and another one…they are filling up fast…check out the ClinicalTrials.gov site…

boots

boot2aboot
                      Participant

Lisa,

there are 4 different anti-PD1, anti-PDL trials going on in the states….i know of BM, Merk, Curetech and another one…they are filling up fast…check out the ClinicalTrials.gov site…

boots

boot2aboot
                        Participant

Lisa,

boots

kylez
                          Participant

As to where MDX-1106 is on trial in the U.S. — the "straight" MDX-1106-only trial for solid tumors including melanoma is http://clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/show/NCT00730639. The sites listed are at least somewhat accurate because I know someone participating at one of the listed (Beth Israel Deaconess) sites. They are:

Connecticut (Yale), Maryland (John Hopkins), Boston (Mass General, Dana Farber, Beth Israel Deaconess), Ann Arbor, NY NY (Sloan Kettering), North Carolina, Cincinnati and Nashville.

kylez
                              Participant

I hit "reply anonymous" by mistake.

kylez
                                Participant

kylez
                                  Participant

Maxximom
                                    Participant

I just called Cincinnati.. since it would be very convientent for me(I live in Columbus) and they are closed and seem to have been for a while) so the .gov website is not up to date. I need to check with Hopkins and see if they are still open, Since I just started on Ippy last Monday..I won't know if it is working until May or June..so maybe things will open by then . I just need a planB and the anti PD-1 seem to be the best thing out there for me..if I can find a trial someplace in Ohio, Md or SanFransisco where my children  live and can help.

Joan

Maxximom
                                      Participant

I just called Cincinnati.. since it would be very convientent for me(I live in Columbus) and they are closed and seem to have been for a while) so the .gov website is not up to date. I need to check with Hopkins and see if they are still open, Since I just started on Ippy last Monday..I won't know if it is working until May or June..so maybe things will open by then . I just need a planB and the anti PD-1 seem to be the best thing out there for me..if I can find a trial someplace in Ohio, Md or SanFransisco where my children  live and can help.

Joan

Maxximom
                                        Participant

Joan

kylez
                                        Participant

As to where MDX-1106 is on trial in the U.S. — the "straight" MDX-1106-only trial for solid tumors including melanoma is http://clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/show/NCT00730639. The sites listed are at least somewhat accurate because I know someone participating at one of the listed (Beth Israel Deaconess) sites. They are:

Connecticut (Yale), Maryland (John Hopkins), Boston (Mass General, Dana Farber, Beth Israel Deaconess), Ann Arbor, NY NY (Sloan Kettering), North Carolina, Cincinnati and Nashville.

kylez
                                          Participant

Viewing 11 reply threads
                                        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                        About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics