The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Ipi/Nivo patients

Forums General Melanoma Community Ipi/Nivo patients

Participant
      Good morning,
      Our oncologist wants to put my husband on this treatment after a recurrance in a distant lymph node that now puts him at M1 disease. My husband started IPI in Nov 2014 and finished Feb 2015 after resected disease. So we truly don’t know if the IPI helped or my husband just recurred. The toxicity level of this treatment concerns us both and was hoping we could just do the Nivo. Since Ken tolerated the IPI pretty good he’s suggesting both. How has the side effects been for you and have you been able to manage them? Just trying to cover all the bases which I know we all try to do here. Thank you.

Jewel & Ken

Viewing 1 reply thread
    • Replies
        ed williams
        Participant
          Hi Jewel, if I am understanding things here, after Ken has surgery to remove the new lymph node with melanoma, he will be clear of melanoma at least anything that can be seen on scans correct!!!! He has had full body scans including the brain correct and shows no organs or brain activity!!! Good news is the data shows that immunotherapy works best with low tumor burden and low LDH levels, so the question is what to use? Nivo or Pembro or the combination of Ipi+nivo!!!! There is a pretty good talk that features Dr. Tawbi from MD Anderson on this specific topic form June of 2019 at ASCO, I will let his words speak to the topic in the following link!!! Best Wishes!!!Ed https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q5YNFL75Bq8
            Jewel
            Participant
              Hi Ed, so if I’m understanding Dr Tawbi correctly Ken would be a great candidate for the Nivo alone. Doing my homework. Thanks Again.
              Jewel
            MelanomaMike
            Participant
              Hi Jewel, i remember you asking about this in your July 30th post, like MarkR (i believe it was Mark R) stated, doing the Ipi/Nivo combo or Pembro or other immunal therapies would be a great move because of your husbands “low tumor burden” (little to no tumors in his body) if he tolerated Yervoy then, adding Opdivo should be a walk in the park, Opdivo is generally the “Peaceful” drug of the bunch! Easy Breasy Nice & Easy…He will kick Melanomas butt!
                Jewel
                Participant
                  Thanks Mike, I’ve been paying attention to your posts and hoping you get what you want…..Finally!!!
                  Jewel
            Viewing 1 reply thread
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
            About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics