The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Ipi/Nivo after failing Keytruda

Forums General Melanoma Community Ipi/Nivo after failing Keytruda

Participant
      I have read some posts of trying Keytruda or Ipi/Nivo after failing one or the other. MY husband is Stage 4 BRAF Negative. Failed Ipi, Mekinist (targeted), Keytruda, Temodar and will scan Nov 15 to see if he is responding to carboplatin/paclitaxel. He is in a weakened state and though onc offered referral to Scottsdale, AZ my husband doesn’t want to travel the 8 hours to get there…Doesn’t feel he can keep up with that and would do more harm than good. So if anyone has tried Ipi/Nivo after failing Keytruda I’d like to hear how you did or are doing. We are getting closer to hospice and I’m getting closer to a panic state. Thanks for any info.
    Viewing 11 reply threads
    • Replies
        Patina
        Participant

Hi,

My Mom had the abscopal affect when they treated her brain mets and started her on ipi 4 days later. She has done pretty well, but failed ipi due to side effects. Can he be treated with gamma knife prior to taking one of the immunotherapies? – I'd ask the doctor and get that second opinion. We have always gotten better treatment after getting a second, third or fourth opinion.

Last year when we thought we were going to have a Godzilla El Nino here in California we looked into Angle Flights because we didn't know if we would be able to get to Los Angeles. You might see if this is something that can help you out if 8 hours is too much for your husband. – But with your time frame I'd get him some pain pills and drive it at night or over 2 days.

Angel Fight Utah

Wish I could give you more information. 

Good Luck!

Patina
          Participant

Hi,

My Mom had the abscopal affect when they treated her brain mets and started her on ipi 4 days later. She has done pretty well, but failed ipi due to side effects. Can he be treated with gamma knife prior to taking one of the immunotherapies? – I'd ask the doctor and get that second opinion. We have always gotten better treatment after getting a second, third or fourth opinion.

Last year when we thought we were going to have a Godzilla El Nino here in California we looked into Angle Flights because we didn't know if we would be able to get to Los Angeles. You might see if this is something that can help you out if 8 hours is too much for your husband. – But with your time frame I'd get him some pain pills and drive it at night or over 2 days.

Angel Fight Utah

Good Luck!

Patina
            Participant

Hi,

Angel Fight Utah

Good Luck!

Casitas1
              Participant

I did just the opposite. I failed ipi/nivo did the low dose chemo and then achieved full remission with keytruda. The chemo irritated the disease and Keytruda finished the job and have been Ned since july.

Best, Paul

Rhona Jackson
                  Participant

Hi Paul

Just wondering what stage your cancer was and where it had metastatisedd? also wondering where you are based? Was the chemo you were on Dicarbazine?

My gf has stage 4, with lung and ovary mets, had 3 rounds of ipi/nivo which failed, now on the chemo- she's been given 4-10 months, so we are desperate to look for other options, including the Keytruda.

Thanks,

Rhona 

Casitas1
                  Participant

I did just the opposite. I failed ipi/nivo did the low dose chemo and then achieved full remission with keytruda. The chemo irritated the disease and Keytruda finished the job and have been Ned since july.

Best, Paul

Casitas1
                    Participant

Best, Paul

Mat
                      Participant

I failed Keytruda prior to ipi/nivo.  I've been stable on ipi/nivo for most of 2016.

Mat
                        Participant

I failed Keytruda prior to ipi/nivo.  I've been stable on ipi/nivo for most of 2016.

Mat
                          Participant

Cathy M
                            Participant
                              Thanks everyone for your posts. Followup is 11/17 after scan 11/15. We’ll definitely discuss Ipi/Opdivo again at that visit.
                              Cathy M
                              Participant
                                Thanks everyone for your posts. Followup is 11/17 after scan 11/15. We’ll definitely discuss Ipi/Opdivo again at that visit.
                                Cathy M
                                Participant
                              Viewing 11 reply threads
                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                              About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics