The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

ipi is the new plan.Great appt in St Louis

Forums General Melanoma Community ipi is the new plan.Great appt in St Louis

Participant

We saw Dr Linette at Barnes-Jewish Hospital/Siteman Cancer center today. Cant exxagerate how impressed we are. I will spare long details, which are prob interesting only to us πŸ™‚ . Bottom line is: I am starting ipi next week. We are very comfortable with this & I am having Dr Linette oversee the treatments, so we will travel to St Louis for treatment days.It is only a 3 1/2 hr trip! Thank you to those who let me know abt him. We really couldn't be happier with the choice of Drs. And… we left the appt feeling encouraged- something neither of us really expected to feel. SO…

We saw Dr Linette at Barnes-Jewish Hospital/Siteman Cancer center today. Cant exxagerate how impressed we are. I will spare long details, which are prob interesting only to us πŸ™‚ . Bottom line is: I am starting ipi next week. We are very comfortable with this & I am having Dr Linette oversee the treatments, so we will travel to St Louis for treatment days.It is only a 3 1/2 hr trip! Thank you to those who let me know abt him. We really couldn't be happier with the choice of Drs. And… we left the appt feeling encouraged- something neither of us really expected to feel. SO… we have a plan!

I appreciate the people on this board SO much. What a wealth of encouragement,advice,experience,support and help you all are. 

Tina

Viewing 17 reply threads
    • Replies
        POW
        Participant

I'm so happy that you found yourself a great doctor and within reasonable driving distance of your home, too. Good for you! I'm glad you decided on Ipi and will be starting the treatments soon. I'll be praying for you. Please do keep us posted about your progress. 

POW
          Participant

I'm so happy that you found yourself a great doctor and within reasonable driving distance of your home, too. Good for you! I'm glad you decided on Ipi and will be starting the treatments soon. I'll be praying for you. Please do keep us posted about your progress. 

POW
            Participant

awillett1991
              Participant
                It’s always good to have a plan, best of luck Tina!

Amy

awillett1991
                Participant

Amy

awillett1991
                  Participant

Amy

aldakota22
                    Participant

Tina stay as I say pma (positive mind attitude).Great news that there is a plan you feel really encouraged with.As always in my prayers.Keep us posted.and good luck.Beat the Beast.  Al

aldakota22
                      Participant

Tina stay as I say pma (positive mind attitude).Great news that there is a plan you feel really encouraged with.As always in my prayers.Keep us posted.and good luck.Beat the Beast.  Al

aldakota22
                        Participant

bigb0624
                          Participant

Dr. Linette is the best.  I have been seeing him since August 2012 and i have been on Zelboraf since then, which has been working better than expected.  But we did discuss IPPI on Tues. so i can be ready when Z becomes immune to my syystem.  You are in good hands.

bigb0624
                            Participant

Dr. Linette is the best.  I have been seeing him since August 2012 and i have been on Zelboraf since then, which has been working better than expected.  But we did discuss IPPI on Tues. so i can be ready when Z becomes immune to my syystem.  You are in good hands.

Snickers60
                                Participant

WHOOP WHOOP……..way to go TINA D !!!    I prayed for you and prayed you would like them and they would be good and very skilled and knowledgeable DOCS !!!!    I am so happy to hear about this plan and hear wonderful things about IPI

This is going to be excting to watch !    GOD IS GOOD and HAS A "GOOD PLAN" for your life. 

HANG IN THERE and KEEP THE FAITH !   πŸ™‚

THINKING OF YOU OFTEN !

Nancy (devoted wife of 3 X Warrior Wayne)   <><

Snickers60
                                  Participant

WHOOP WHOOP……..way to go TINA D !!!    I prayed for you and prayed you would like them and they would be good and very skilled and knowledgeable DOCS !!!!    I am so happy to hear about this plan and hear wonderful things about IPI

This is going to be excting to watch !    GOD IS GOOD and HAS A "GOOD PLAN" for your life. 

THINKING OF YOU OFTEN !

Snickers60
                                    Participant

THINKING OF YOU OFTEN !

bigb0624
                                    Participant

lrkg1234
                                      Participant

Hi Tina,

I'm very happy for you and your new found Dr. in St. Louis.  I'll be praying for you. 

Lisa in Indy

Tina D
                                          Participant

Thank you, Lisa… how are things going for you guys??

Tina D
                                            Participant

lrkg1234
                                              Participant

Hi Tina,

We are doing OK.  Scott just had his second IL-2 treatment around Christmas and is recovering well.  He will get a scan in a couple of weeks to see if it has worked.  We are going to Community North, Dr. Bhatia now.  No more IU Health. 

One thing that seems positive about theIL-2  treatment is that his overall smell/ body odor has improved. I wonder if cancer has a smell?? It seems like it sort of does to me.  Before the IL-2 he had night sweats sometimes and I swear it was a weird odor.  He smells different now, better.  I hope that means something good. 

How is the IPI going?  Any side effects?  When do they do a scan to see if it's working for you? 

Hope you had a nice Christmas.  Let me know how it's going. 

Lisa

lrkg1234
                                                Participant

Hi Tina,

We are doing OK.  Scott just had his second IL-2 treatment around Christmas and is recovering well.  He will get a scan in a couple of weeks to see if it has worked.  We are going to Community North, Dr. Bhatia now.  No more IU Health. 

One thing that seems positive about theIL-2  treatment is that his overall smell/ body odor has improved. I wonder if cancer has a smell?? It seems like it sort of does to me.  Before the IL-2 he had night sweats sometimes and I swear it was a weird odor.  He smells different now, better.  I hope that means something good. 

How is the IPI going?  Any side effects?  When do they do a scan to see if it's working for you? 

Lisa

lrkg1234
                                                  Participant

Hi Tina,

Lisa

Tina D
                                                    Participant

lrkg1234
                                                    Participant

Hi Tina,

I'm very happy for you and your new found Dr. in St. Louis.  I'll be praying for you. 

Lisa in Indy

lrkg1234
                                                      Participant

Hi Tina,

Lisa in Indy

lhaley
                                                        Participant

Tina,

I'm glad you found a Dr that you really like. 

I stopped Zelboraf 2 weeks ago. Doing WBR right now (20+ brain mets) and starting Ipi on Dec 31st. Sounds like we are both starting around the same time. 

I hope this works for both of us!

Linda

lhaley
                                                          Participant

Tina,

I stopped Zelboraf 2 weeks ago. Doing WBR right now (20+ brain mets) and starting Ipi on Dec 31st. Sounds like we are both starting around the same time. 

Linda

lhaley
                                                            Participant

Tina,

Linda

Tina D
                                                                Participant

Linda.. we will be within a couple of weeks of each other. How are you doing with the WBR? How many treatments does that involve? I hope the side effects are not bad for you… sounds like many people do very very well throughout.

Yes, I am sure praying that this will be the thing so many of us respond to. Several others are a couple months ahead on the ipi. The oncologist was very upbeat about it!

May 2013 be the year we kiss melanoma good bye and good riddance πŸ™‚

Tina

Tina D
                                                                  Participant

Linda.. we will be within a couple of weeks of each other. How are you doing with the WBR? How many treatments does that involve? I hope the side effects are not bad for you… sounds like many people do very very well throughout.

Yes, I am sure praying that this will be the thing so many of us respond to. Several others are a couple months ahead on the ipi. The oncologist was very upbeat about it!

Tina

Tina D
                                                                    Participant

Tina

Viewing 17 reply threads
                                                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                                                About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide byΒ MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics