The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

ipi/BRAF = hair loss

Forums General Melanoma Community ipi/BRAF = hair loss

Participant

Hi y'all,

Anyone else done ipi first, then BRAF immediately following?

My hair is really thinning. I've called the BRAF helpline, but they can't say if it will stop thinning or I'll lose it all?

I'm responding terrifically, so I'll certainly deal with the hair issue. I work full time, feel great, so who am I to complain?!

This Friday is squish-o-gram (mammogram for you guys) for lump in breast. Monday is CT scans, follow up from BRAF and ipi.

Hi y'all,

Anyone else done ipi first, then BRAF immediately following?

My hair is really thinning. I've called the BRAF helpline, but they can't say if it will stop thinning or I'll lose it all?

I'm responding terrifically, so I'll certainly deal with the hair issue. I work full time, feel great, so who am I to complain?!

This Friday is squish-o-gram (mammogram for you guys) for lump in breast. Monday is CT scans, follow up from BRAF and ipi.

Helpline says I'm the first to report breast lump, only the second to have fairly severe ereythema nodosums (painful lumps, come and go). Yes, I'm SPECIAL, I always tell my husband that.  🙂

Soooooo happy for the positive posts, lifting everyone lurking or posting, whether in the valley or on the mountaintop, in prayer.

TracyLee

Stage IV

Viewing 17 reply threads
    • Replies
        mombase
        Participant

Hi Tracy Lee,

I haven't done the Zelboraf yet, but may have to if the Ipi doesn't work. But after my brain surgery, I went to Wally WOrld and bought tons of the different color and patterned bandanas, which are now my friends!!

Ouch, I hate mammograms! I have to have them often, too, because my fibrous tissue shows up as lumps. May your lump be a fibrous tissue or cyst, as well!

Cristy, Stage IV

mombase
          Participant

Hi Tracy Lee,

I haven't done the Zelboraf yet, but may have to if the Ipi doesn't work. But after my brain surgery, I went to Wally WOrld and bought tons of the different color and patterned bandanas, which are now my friends!!

Ouch, I hate mammograms! I have to have them often, too, because my fibrous tissue shows up as lumps. May your lump be a fibrous tissue or cyst, as well!

Cristy, Stage IV

mombase
            Participant

Hi Tracy Lee,

Cristy, Stage IV

boot2aboot
              Participant

NO Tracy you are not special…i am on a zelboraf holiday for a week due to severe side effects…i have hair loss and wear a scarf…i counted 63 nodusms all over my body…some as big as a baseball and i also have breast lump…along with severe diarrhea, fevers and nausea…you might be able to reduce dose or take a drug holiday to try and reset your body…or take steroids…

boot2aboot
                Participant

NO Tracy you are not special…i am on a zelboraf holiday for a week due to severe side effects…i have hair loss and wear a scarf…i counted 63 nodusms all over my body…some as big as a baseball and i also have breast lump…along with severe diarrhea, fevers and nausea…you might be able to reduce dose or take a drug holiday to try and reset your body…or take steroids…

boot2aboot
                  Participant

TracyLee:
                    So happy to hear some positive news for you.  My thoughts and prayers continue to be with you.  Thank you so much for  your thoughts and information on my dad.  He has decided to not do radiation and is going to "wait and see".  I appreciate you reaching out to me with all you are going through.   Julie

TracyLee:
                    So happy to hear some positive news for you.  My thoughts and prayers continue to be with you.  Thank you so much for  your thoughts and information on my dad.  He has decided to not do radiation and is going to "wait and see".  I appreciate you reaching out to me with all you are going through.   Julie

TracyLee:

TracyLee:

TracyLee:

TracyLee:

triciad
                    Participant

Tracy Lee –

So happy to hear your positive post.  I'm keeping my fingers crossed for complete response.  Good luck with your mammogram!

Tricia

triciad
                      Participant

Tracy Lee –

So happy to hear your positive post.  I'm keeping my fingers crossed for complete response.  Good luck with your mammogram!

Tricia

triciad
                        Participant

Tracy Lee –

Tricia

Richard_K
                          Participant

TracyLee

I never did do ipi but have done, and am still on Zelboraf.  It's hard to tell if I lost much (or any) hair on my head as it was quite thin to begin with and was "leaving" even before melanoma.  But…..I did loose all the hair on my legs and arm pits! For people who might experience this, look at is as a small benefit. lol

Dick

Richard_K
                            Participant

TracyLee

I never did do ipi but have done, and am still on Zelboraf.  It's hard to tell if I lost much (or any) hair on my head as it was quite thin to begin with and was "leaving" even before melanoma.  But…..I did loose all the hair on my legs and arm pits! For people who might experience this, look at is as a small benefit. lol

Dick

Richard_K
                              Participant

TracyLee

Dick

Viewing 17 reply threads
                            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                            About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics