The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Interferon HD complete

Forums General Melanoma Community Interferon HD complete

Participant

I finshed the HD interferon on Monday.   That was a tough 4 weeks.   I still feel almost as bad as I did while takeing the HD.    I'm getting ready to start the 11 month low dose regiment which I'm not looking forward too.  Hopefully the LD will not be as bad as the HD.

Scot

I finshed the HD interferon on Monday.   That was a tough 4 weeks.   I still feel almost as bad as I did while takeing the HD.    I'm getting ready to start the 11 month low dose regiment which I'm not looking forward too.  Hopefully the LD will not be as bad as the HD.

Scot

Viewing 9 reply threads
    • Replies
        Wendi Lynn
        Participant

Scot,

Congrats on finishing!  Today will be dose #8 for me so I feel your pain!  Hope you start feeling better soon!

Wendi

Wendi Lynn
          Participant

Scot,

Congrats on finishing!  Today will be dose #8 for me so I feel your pain!  Hope you start feeling better soon!

Wendi

bluepeople
            Participant

Glad to hear you finished.  My hubby is just finishing week 2 tomorrow.  It hasn't been too bad for him, but he just hates how tired he feels.  He told me yesterday that he doesn't plan on doing the low dose, so we'll see.  I was hoping he'd try it at least, and see how he felt, but I think he is just over it.  Let us know how you feel on the LD, hopefully it gets better. 

Akilyn

bluepeople
              Participant

Glad to hear you finished.  My hubby is just finishing week 2 tomorrow.  It hasn't been too bad for him, but he just hates how tired he feels.  He told me yesterday that he doesn't plan on doing the low dose, so we'll see.  I was hoping he'd try it at least, and see how he felt, but I think he is just over it.  Let us know how you feel on the LD, hopefully it gets better. 

Akilyn

kthekhal
                Participant

Scot,

Interferon is the ONLY approved drug for Melanoma … I did the High Dose & 8 months of self injections (ending Sep 2009)  – I am NED since Oct  2008 (yes 2 years !!!) (and I am Stage 3B )

So, go ahead and finish the 11 months  – it is worth the trouble,

Best Wishes,

Kish

Melanoma Mom
                    Participant

My 14 year old son starts his Interferon on Monday. We are shooting for the full year, but we will see how he reacts. He is amazingly strong so I am guessing he makes it.

Hang in there, everyone! You are not alone!

Melanoma Mom
                      Participant

My 14 year old son starts his Interferon on Monday. We are shooting for the full year, but we will see how he reacts. He is amazingly strong so I am guessing he makes it.

Hang in there, everyone! You are not alone!

LynnLuc
                        Participant

Actually Dacarbazine is currently the only FDA-approved chemotherapy drug for metastatic stage IV melanoma and IL-2 and interferon-alfa 2b are two cytokines approved by the FDA for treatment of melanoma.

We are all also hoping Yervoy ( Ipilimubab) is approved in March. Soon there will be many more immunotherapies that hold promise for many of us…

LynnLuc
                          Participant

Actually Dacarbazine is currently the only FDA-approved chemotherapy drug for metastatic stage IV melanoma and IL-2 and interferon-alfa 2b are two cytokines approved by the FDA for treatment of melanoma.

We are all also hoping Yervoy ( Ipilimubab) is approved in March. Soon there will be many more immunotherapies that hold promise for many of us…

kthekhal
                          Participant

Scot,

Interferon is the ONLY approved drug for Melanoma … I did the High Dose & 8 months of self injections (ending Sep 2009)  – I am NED since Oct  2008 (yes 2 years !!!) (and I am Stage 3B )

So, go ahead and finish the 11 months  – it is worth the trouble,

Best Wishes,

Kish

Ninja
                            Participant

Congratulations Scot!!!

My husband (Stage IIIa) did the full one-year treatment from August 2004 and August 2005. The first month had been very hard, I remember, but it gets a little better. More importanlty, he is still NED after six years from his diagnosis…

Take care and good luck.

Consuelo

Ninja
                              Participant

Congratulations Scot!!!

My husband (Stage IIIa) did the full one-year treatment from August 2004 and August 2005. The first month had been very hard, I remember, but it gets a little better. More importanlty, he is still NED after six years from his diagnosis…

Take care and good luck.

Consuelo

DebbieH
                                Participant

Good luck!

I did interferon waaay back in 2001/2002 -stage IIIC and still NED today.  Hoping you have an easier time with the lower dose.  Remember it IS accumulative and the longer you're on it, the funkier you may feel – just a heads-up on what many experience – everybody is different.  I had to quit at 9 months but everyone is different.  I'm VERY glad I did it though. 

Let us know how you're doing.

DebbieH

DebbieH
                                  Participant

Good luck!

I did interferon waaay back in 2001/2002 -stage IIIC and still NED today.  Hoping you have an easier time with the lower dose.  Remember it IS accumulative and the longer you're on it, the funkier you may feel – just a heads-up on what many experience – everybody is different.  I had to quit at 9 months but everyone is different.  I'm VERY glad I did it though. 

Let us know how you're doing.

DebbieH

Viewing 9 reply threads
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics