The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

In Texas!

Forums General Melanoma Community In Texas!

Participant
      Hay Family! Just a quick check in, im here in Laredo Texas visiting my brothers, boy, Laredo SUCKS ASS!! Sorry for the foul mouth, its my ONLY opinion! And “Downtown” Laredo? Freakin Dirtbag capital of Texas if not America, when i see dogs, stray or not (who knows) walking around the streets, thats a dirtbag town in my book…i tell ya, if ever lived here, my job would be a Rescue for those dogs, even cats (didnt see cats) i actually love Cats the best, dogs second…but nevertheless id be busy as hell tell you that! Where im at now (my hotel) is nice, better part of town. Its been good seeing my bros Tim & Dan though!! I really needed this and i told them that..
      Hope ya’all are good, im starting to debate that Dartmouth treatment, VERY low response rate with NO significant Overall Survival rate, Zero really in the study..i dont know folks…i DO know i love you guys….
    Viewing 5 reply threads
    • Replies
        BillB
        Participant
          Have a great time with your brothers and try your best to let it go for a day or two. It will do wonders for you!
          Bill
            CynthiaLee
            Participant
              I rarely post, I read daily and always look for your posts Mike. I’m happy you’re visiting your brothers enjoy that time and relax a little if you can. Now….for what’s next…truly I think you absolutely have to go to the Dr. Hamid at the Angela clinic just once to have leave of mind. If it has to be self pay, then so be it. Start a go fund me if necessary, your family here will be more than happy to donate to get you at least an opinion from the best possible place to get it. You being a smile to all of us with your worry and supportive posts, let us help you if we can.
              CynthiaLee
              Participant
                That was so full of typos and I can’t figure out how to edit.

Dr. Hamid at Angels clinic for PEACE of mind not leave. And you bring a smile to all of us with your witty and supportive posts.

Thinking of you.

MelanomaMike
                Participant
                  Hi Cynthia! Haha, i knew what you where saying! You didnt even have to excuse yourself!! Lol…ya know, im really thinkin about your idea of a GoFund My Sorry Butt haha, my wife has said this as well and iv refused to!, in my mind were not broke, i have med insurance, we have a roof over our heads, food etc i dont need to ask for money…i may consider this, Dr Hamid could be in fact my Savior….thank you for your reply Cynthia!!! Lets get my butt back home on Monday (California) and start kickin butt!
                  Casitas1
                  Participant
                    Hey Mike! I had a gofundmyass and understand it’s hard to ask for help. Close friends, family and even a few strangers helped me get through a years deductible! That paid my third opinion and consult with Rock Star who worked at the time with Hamid at Angeles Clinic. I’m an hour away and can meet and pay it forward to consult with Hamid. I need to get off my butt and schedule scans at Saint Johns (around the corner) anyhow. Let’s get you to Hamid! or Rock star or Ribas… Any of the heavy hitters! Enjoy the Family and good tunes!

Best, Paul

MelanomaMike
                    Participant
                      Brother Paul! Thank you man! I know your reply just now was way before i actually allowed my wife to start the GoFundMe, i already have the first consult funds!!!!!!! Dont even worry about it, im golden! Just stay with me on my journey as we figure out what to do next! Love ya bro…
                      MelanomaMike
                      Participant
                        Thank you for that last Push to get the ball rolling Cynthia, im so overwhelmed, Overjoyed over the Moon by the Love im getting to afford Dr. Hamid!!, thank you! Chat soon…
                        MelanomaMike
                        Participant
                          Thanks brother Bill!!
                        MarkR
                        Participant
                          Hi Mike
                          Glad you are getting some R&R and good family time. I’m haven’t been on much as just got back from Hols in Austria and Italy trying to relax as the next scan is on Friday with results on the following Wednesday. I think i’m more stressed about this one then any I have had before, but time will tell.

You hinted at whether or not to go from the Dartmouth treatment plan and I guess you are trying to decide if you definitely want to do it. Big question and I hope you can find the right choice for you. After your comment I did a little reading and it seems most of the studies were in the late 90’s pre-immunotherapy and compared Dacarbazine with that Treatment showing not much difference between the two; however those patients hadn’t been loaded with Nivo beforehand which stays in your system for 6 months. I have read cases of people on here who had chemo treatment after failing Immunotherapy but got a response as the chemo changed something allowing the immune system to do its thing. I would want to explore this beforehand as I hope that’s what could happen to you. Anyhow have a great break in Texas (always wanted to go there, but can’t get insurance to travel to the US at the moment)
                          Cheers
                          Mark

MelanomaMike
                            Participant
                              Hi Mark, thanks for your reply, as soon as i read what you said about “kick starting” ones Immune system with prior immunal drugs (my last med would be Nivo, stopped July 10th 2019) i had learned that, probably here at MRF, MRF has been my Melanoma Bible along with other accredited Cancer sites, i dont know, im thinkin do a surgery (If they will!!) to my Sigmoid tumor, so what if i end up with a colostomy bag!, then, inject my side surface tumor & right butt cheek muscle tumor with some TIL or PV10 or anyother Injectable, get back on Opdivo (or whatever) for my 2 left lung nodules the Opdivo was in fact, halting their growth since starting Nivo (as a combo with Ipi) back in April of this year!! As you know it was stopped at infusion number 20 gor disease progressions….i dont know man, i know i shouldnt be thinkin about it while on vacation but, i cant help it!! Ill keep you & the rest of the family posted….
                            SABKLYN
                            Participant
                              Hey Mike,
                              Really terrific that you made it….not the garden spot of Texas, but you get to see your brothers.. Hope you have an awesome time and when you return, kick some ass
                              SABKLYN
                              Participant
                                Hey Mike,
                                Really terrific that you made it….not the garden spot of Texas, but you get to see your brothers.. Hope you have an awesome time and when you return, kick some ass
                                Hukill
                                Participant
                                  All south Texas is the same.
                                    MelanomaMike
                                    Participant
                                      Hahaha! Im thinking so to! Haha
                                    ourvan
                                    Participant
                                      glad you’re enjoying time with family, and hope you share lots of laughs together!
                                  Viewing 5 reply threads
                                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                  About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics