The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Immuno Article

Forums General Melanoma Community Immuno Article

• This topic has 6 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by Mat.
    Participant

Hey all, I came across this article and thought I would share. http://www.onclive.com/web-exclusives/expert-always-use-frontline-immunotherapy-in-melanoma-care/1

I know Mat mentioned looking for response rates for people on the combo after failing pembro – it looks like Dr. Luke is going to be running a trial looking into this, as he is quoted saying, "I am going to launch a clinical trial in which we are going to treat patients who received PD-1 as a single agent who progress with the combination of pembrolizumab plus ipilimumab at a low dose. We want to determine if the combination is just as good in second-line as first-line, because then we can avoid exposing the patients to the side effects until we know that they need them." 

We may have to wait a bit longer to get this data but at least it's on their radar!  

Best,

Katie 

Viewing 5 reply threads
    • Replies
        Maria C
        Participant

Katie, thanks for sharing, and it's encouraging to hear of the many researchers tweaking the combo "formula" to optimize results without being so harsh on the body…keep the articles/information sharing coming!!

Maria C
          Participant

Katie, thanks for sharing, and it's encouraging to hear of the many researchers tweaking the combo "formula" to optimize results without being so harsh on the body…keep the articles/information sharing coming!!

Maria C
            Participant

Mat
              Participant

Yes, great article.  Thanks for posting.  Not that I had a real choice at the time, but I often wonder whether my time on BRAF-MEK (which saved my life) has diminished my ability to benefit from immunotherapy.

Mat
                Participant

Yes, great article.  Thanks for posting.  Not that I had a real choice at the time, but I often wonder whether my time on BRAF-MEK (which saved my life) has diminished my ability to benefit from immunotherapy.

Mat
                  Participant

Viewing 5 reply threads
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics