The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

IMC-A12 (Cixutumumab)

Forums General Melanoma Community IMC-A12 (Cixutumumab)

Participant

Hi All,

Has anyone heard of Cixutumumab (IMC-A12)? Is anyone on this trial? I have just heard of it and am wanting more info.

Thanks,

Nan

Hi All,

Has anyone heard of Cixutumumab (IMC-A12)? Is anyone on this trial? I have just heard of it and am wanting more info.

Thanks,

Nan

Viewing 2 reply threads
    • Replies
        lak
        Participant

Yes I too would like to find out about htis drug. Gossip tells me that it has gone well in Texas and a second site – ?PHilidelphia is also going to start recruiting pateints.

Ocumel list serve have mentioned it but I have been unable to find out much else.

Nan in Nebraska
            Participant

Hello,

I was very interested in this drug and like you had heard good things.I contacted MD Anderson as I'd seen Dr. Sapna Patel in June, 2009. Unfortunately, you can only have had one chemotherapy, and I've two, so I don't qualify. Also, I'm sure by this time you've seen all the discussion on ocu-mel.

margaretrogers57
              Participant

I am interested too.  Is this an immuniology drug like ipi?  We've only had ipi as far as drugs go.

margaretrogers57
                Participant

I am interested too.  Is this an immuniology drug like ipi?  We've only had ipi as far as drugs go.

margaretrogers57
                  Participant

margaretrogers57
                    Participant

Nan in Nebraska
                      Participant

Hi Margaret,

NCT01413191 is the number for the trial on clinicaltrials.gov  There is the trial at MDAnderson, but I believe Dr. Sato has just started this trial also. If you go to ocu-mel and look up Vicky Anderson's posts, her husband had been given a few months and started the trial and had great results. But just last week I saw she posted that he had return of some mets.

Nan

Nan in Nebraska
                        Participant

Hi Margaret,

NCT01413191 is the number for the trial on clinicaltrials.gov  There is the trial at MDAnderson, but I believe Dr. Sato has just started this trial also. If you go to ocu-mel and look up Vicky Anderson's posts, her husband had been given a few months and started the trial and had great results. But just last week I saw she posted that he had return of some mets.

Nan

Nan in Nebraska
                          Participant

Hi Margaret,

Nan

margaretrogers57
                            Participant

margaretrogers57
                              Participant

Nan in Nebraska
                                Participant

Hello,

I was very interested in this drug and like you had heard good things.I contacted MD Anderson as I'd seen Dr. Sapna Patel in June, 2009. Unfortunately, you can only have had one chemotherapy, and I've two, so I don't qualify. Also, I'm sure by this time you've seen all the discussion on ocu-mel.

Nan in Nebraska
                                  Participant

Hello,

lak
                                  Participant

Yes I too would like to find out about htis drug. Gossip tells me that it has gone well in Texas and a second site – ?PHilidelphia is also going to start recruiting pateints.

Ocumel list serve have mentioned it but I have been unable to find out much else.

lak
                                    Participant

Viewing 2 reply threads
                                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                  About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics