The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

I’m in the trial

Forums General Melanoma Community I’m in the trial

Participant

Was at the Medical Oncologist today and talked for 2 hours about treatment.  I decided on the clinical trial.  already screened at same visit.  3 Arms, Interferon vs high dose ipi vs low dose ipi.  Had all the blood drawn and ekg today.  Scans scheduled for the twelfth and 1st infusion on the 27. My head is spinning at the speed all this is going.  I want to thank everyone on this board for you knowledge and caring manner.  I know so much more about melanoma and treatments that my head just might blow up 🙂 

Keep up the good fight.

Was at the Medical Oncologist today and talked for 2 hours about treatment.  I decided on the clinical trial.  already screened at same visit.  3 Arms, Interferon vs high dose ipi vs low dose ipi.  Had all the blood drawn and ekg today.  Scans scheduled for the twelfth and 1st infusion on the 27. My head is spinning at the speed all this is going.  I want to thank everyone on this board for you knowledge and caring manner.  I know so much more about melanoma and treatments that my head just might blow up 🙂 

Keep up the good fight.

Colleen 

Viewing 14 reply threads
    • Replies
        Swanee
        Participant

Hi Colleen,

Thinking of you tonight and wishing good results with this trial.  These decisions are so hard to make when you don't know the outcome, all we can do is our best gut feeling and go with it…..so many of us have been there!  Please keep us posted to your progress and remember to call on all of us for support.  It always feels better when we are actively doing something to fight back, so do just that……FIGHT BACK!  You go girl!  

Prayers of strength and support are with you now!

Swanee

Swanee
          Participant

Hi Colleen,

Thinking of you tonight and wishing good results with this trial.  These decisions are so hard to make when you don't know the outcome, all we can do is our best gut feeling and go with it…..so many of us have been there!  Please keep us posted to your progress and remember to call on all of us for support.  It always feels better when we are actively doing something to fight back, so do just that……FIGHT BACK!  You go girl!  

Swanee

Swanee
            Participant

Hi Colleen,

Swanee

DeniseK
              Participant

Congrats Colleen!!  I hope this is the cure for the future of Melanoma!  I hope that you NEVER recur and this will be the end to your journey with melanoma!

Best of luck in the trial, let us know how your doing and keep us posted on your symptoms. 

Denise

DeniseK
                Participant

Congrats Colleen!!  I hope this is the cure for the future of Melanoma!  I hope that you NEVER recur and this will be the end to your journey with melanoma!

Best of luck in the trial, let us know how your doing and keep us posted on your symptoms. 

Denise

DeniseK
                  Participant

Denise

swissfarm7
                    Participant

Glad your on the path forward, Colleen!  I know what you mean about the speed everything happens and subsequent head-spinning.  We came back from Europe one week, completely oblivious to the fact that my husband had cancer, and the next we were consulting with the medical oncologist only to learn soon after that Hans was stage 3B.  When I think that five months ago I knew next to nothing about melanoma ~ and now I could write a book on the subject.  Not the crash course we wanted to take, right?! 

Best to you as you continue the journey.

Warmly,

Colleen

Colleen66
                        Participant

Yes,  I will keep everyone posted on my progress.  I'm scared to death to do this but know options are limited.  If I get put on the interferon we will have a 2-1/2 drive round trip plus infusion time.  Hubs said, don't worry hun ill get you there, no problem. He's amazing.  I've studied up on all possible side effects and as long as my body cooperates ill be in good shape.  I'm hoping to get the high dose ipi so we shall see.  They tell you witch one at the first infusion.

Thanks again warriors. I dont feel so alone in my battle anymore.

Colleen 

Colleen66
                          Participant

Yes,  I will keep everyone posted on my progress.  I'm scared to death to do this but know options are limited.  If I get put on the interferon we will have a 2-1/2 drive round trip plus infusion time.  Hubs said, don't worry hun ill get you there, no problem. He's amazing.  I've studied up on all possible side effects and as long as my body cooperates ill be in good shape.  I'm hoping to get the high dose ipi so we shall see.  They tell you witch one at the first infusion.

Colleen 

Colleen66
                            Participant

Colleen 

swissfarm7
                            Participant

Glad your on the path forward, Colleen!  I know what you mean about the speed everything happens and subsequent head-spinning.  We came back from Europe one week, completely oblivious to the fact that my husband had cancer, and the next we were consulting with the medical oncologist only to learn soon after that Hans was stage 3B.  When I think that five months ago I knew next to nothing about melanoma ~ and now I could write a book on the subject.  Not the crash course we wanted to take, right?! 

Warmly,

Colleen

swissfarm7
                              Participant

Warmly,

Colleen

triciad
                                Participant

Speed is good when it comes to melanoma.  Best of luck with the trial!

triciad
                                  Participant

triciad
                                    Participant

TSchulz
                                      Participant

Good luck to you Colleen.  I hope whatever arm you get into you sail through it and never see another lump or bump of this stuff again….. Thank you for going on trial.  I personally believe this type of trial is very important and the data will be helpful in determining how to manage and treat this disease at earlier stages.  

Best of luck, 

Troy

TSchulz
                                        Participant

Good luck to you Colleen.  I hope whatever arm you get into you sail through it and never see another lump or bump of this stuff again….. Thank you for going on trial.  I personally believe this type of trial is very important and the data will be helpful in determining how to manage and treat this disease at earlier stages.  

Best of luck, 

Troy

TSchulz
                                          Participant

Best of luck, 

Troy

Viewing 14 reply threads
                                        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                        About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics