The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Im alive! so i heard anyways…

Forums Cutaneous Melanoma Community Im alive! so i heard anyways…

Participant
      Hi yall, im truelly sorry for my MIA episode, i needed to re~collect myself not to mention im suffering a bit a deppression over all this Melanoma crap…I sure dont like the new facelift on this site, it took me about 5 minutes to find MPIP log in! and it was way the down the page near Australia!! we need a normal button on top like the rest of the websites across the nation…but i found you and i now digress….Im truelly sorry for my MIA bout, i posted a short message here last nite actually but i do not see it, weird, is this the new MRF? wait, i was suppose to digress from this subject…So, im alive BUT i have yet another growth {its a tumor lets be frank} on my left side of my stomach just under ribs, its a “mobile” type so my Derm Doc cant do a punch style biopsy, so, after my PET scan next Friday, my old, old friend and {surgical oncology}Dr. Rupp will view its surroundings and just dive in & take it out the following week. It musta sprouted after my last CT wich was like March, i actually found this one, either I do or the scans wich ever comes first. My scan also revealed severe blockage in my Aorta artery so, thats not good, and they see something in my lower intestine, maybe just a simple palup i hope but, with my Melanoma Boxing Record, im sure it will be another apponent to get in the ring with me…Im still doing the Opdivo, im actually going in tommorow for #17 its still keeping the lung tumors at bay {not growing} my onco say shell still keep me on Opdivo regardless if the mass Dr Rupp takes out is Melanoma or not, the Pros out weigh the Cons…Other then that guys, im ok, im just trying to get out of my darkness, i started a once a week class for us guys with cancer, its a place here in town called weSPARK {spelt just like that} its pretty good i like it, only one guy out of maybe 20 has something even close to what we have, that skin cancer called Squamous cell, so, we tend to gravitate toward each other….Youll see me more, is there any “changes” ill call it with our groups attendance? is every one still with us? i know our illness can snatch us up in an instant…Love ya guys…
    Viewing 11 reply threads
    • Replies
        casagrayson
        Participant
          Happy to see you, Mike!! We’ve been thinking about you. I’m sorry you are dealing with more lumps and bumps … but sounds like you and your docs have it pretty much under control. Hang in there, and continue to complain about the new MRF format! I don’t think any of us like this change!
            MelanomaMike
            Participant
              Hay Sister Susan! ya, its just another “adventure” ya know? back on the rack, slice & dice, fillet & Excision! i forgot to mention because of the finding of “something”, im gunna have a colonoscopy & an endoscopy, im due anyways for the colon test, i hit the big 50 last Decemeber & i guess its beneficial…how have you been? wernt you also doing the Opdivo {with Yervoy} before my dissapearence?
            Casitas1
            Participant
              Right on Mike! Great to hear from ya! This forum’s not the same without you bro. Counseling helped me out of some darkness several times post diagnosis and after stage 4. I had a friend of mine pass recently from Squamous. Man did he suffer for years!!! Brutal… Anyhow, glad you’re back. Hang tough with this upcoming biopsy and keep us posted! Thank’s Mike!

Best, Paul

ed williams
              Participant
                Mike, I thought that all these changes on the forum were based on them consulting with you!!! At least there hasn’t been any 1- 800 # adds since they made the big change!!! Now, down to the important stuff, you can take a holiday any time you want from the forum but it is pretty clear that folks around here are going to keep looking for your comments and wondering how you are doing. So, bottom line no matter how shitty you might be feeling, you should know that we all want to share in your journey!!! You can’t pick a handle like “MelanomaMike” then make it famous with out having a fan club!!! Best Wishes!!!Ed
                tedtell1
                Participant
                  Mike;
                  Gosh it is good to hear that you are alive and kicking. SO sorry that the darkness has closed in…hope the light takes over. Wish that your bumps would just go away! Warrior on my friend, you are an inspiration to all of us. Praying for you.
                  Ted
                  ourvan
                  Participant
                    HI MIke,
                    I’ve not been posting to the forum for very long, but seeing how many people were looking for you made me miss you, too! Stay strong – if there’s one thing I’ve picked up on from this group, it’s how much support everyone offers. Add my thoughts and prayers to that of so many others, and remember that miracles happen every day!
                    laurie
                    SABKLYN
                    Participant
                      Mike – damn glad to hear from you and despite some of your setbacks, you have the gloves on and still battling like the tough guy you are! Sending prayers and good thoughts your way and looking forward to hearing about you giving this Mel character a standing eight count before you lay him out.

Best wishes my friend
                      Stan (SABKLYN)

jbronicki
                      Participant
                        Hi Mike! Wow, is it good to hear from you. glad you are ALIVE! I think you can tell from everyone’s reaction that we missed you dearly. Your name came up a lot, your words mean a lot to us here.. Never apologize though, I’ve gone through a clinical depression (not related to a serious disease though, which must make it about 100 times harder) and its hard to see the light sometimes . I’m so glad you got a group going, community is the antidote to depression for sure. I used to be in a support group for panic disorder and there were tough guys (hockey players, etc) breaking down right along with me 🙂 As much as I don’t want anyone to suffer, I loved the support group. I’m sorry that you’ve had some new popups, I’m keeping every finger crossed for you. Just so good to see the Mike message 🙂
                        KellyH
                        Participant
                          Welcome back Mike!!!! We definitely missed you!!!!

There is strength in numbers, whether it be a support group, or this forum…it makes the journey a little more bearable somedays to just vent to someone who really gets it!!!

So glad you are back!!!

Kelly 🙂

iskitwo
                          Participant
                            Good to see a post from you!! It’s always ok to take a break. I have been off and on over the last 6 months but its always good to come back to a place were everyone understands what you’re going through! Hang in there!

Missy

lkb
                            Participant
                              You heard you were alive? Glad the rumor is true, then! Welcome back. Happy to hear there’s no lung progression. I hope the mobile growth mobiles its way on out! You asked if everyone is still with us; Nick is having hospice care, so you might want to search for his recent posts. Good luck with the darkness; glad you started a support group. For now…
                              Scooby123
                              Participant
                                Hi hun, glad to hear from you my friend. I posted the other day too you but its not shown. Sorry you having further treatment it stinks. You can do this hun will be thinking of you my friend.
                                Scooby❤
                                Bubbles
                                Participant
                                  Good to hear from you Mike!! Do what you gotta do, buddy. Agree with everybody. But definitely hitting a “LIKE” button for Ed and Jackie’s comments!! Hang tough! Celeste
                              Viewing 11 reply threads
                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                              About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics