The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Im a Dumb Ass!

Forums General Melanoma Community Im a Dumb Ass!

Participant

ok, im not "all" the time but, let me tell you a little secret, since my first diagnosis, and my very first "Scan", whether P.E.T, CT, MRI etc, i found out i was "claustro Phobic". No biggy right?, i yelled "let me out this mutha lover!!' & we rescheduled me with Adavans to take for my new found "anxiety" problem, {this was 2008}. Since then, and after quite a few thousand scans since, ive remembered to bring my Adavans like clockwork, i would remember those then i would my wallet!..well, today was my first of three scans to be completed by Nov 15th, today was the Bone scan & i forgot my Adavans! i tried, believe me i did, i got on the table & started huffin' & puffin"..im so pissed! & because it was late in the day, gettin some was not an option, its rescheduled for next Wed, ill call each day till then for posible "cancel's" by someone…I HATE MYSELF right now!…thanks for letting me get this off my chest…

Viewing 2 reply threads
    • Replies
        Melissa M
        Participant

Don't be too hard on yourself, it's overwhelming enough dealing with Melanoma and all the BS that we have to do to care for ourselves. I'm sure your brain was busy when you forgot your Ativan! Kuddos for getting through it!

Jahendry12
          Participant

Glad it's off your chest now. Dealing with melanoma is enough to handle and then on top, all the scans, side effects, biopsies, etc. We all get forgetful once in a while and it's definitely frustrating when it's something thats going to help you get through a difficult time. Hope you are doing better this evening and that they can get you in sooner. 

Hang in there warrior!

dbJoe
            Participant

I have the same problem, I feel if I have to make a quick exit from the tube, I'm gonna break something and bleed a lot. My first one, way back, the tech said: "Don't open your eyes". I was out in ten seconds and rescheduled after waiting a year. Lorazapam is wonderful, and makes SoCal freeways way more fun, even when my wife is driving.

Viewing 2 reply threads
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
          About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics