The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

IL2 recovery, water weight question

Forums General Melanoma Community IL2 recovery, water weight question

Participant

I finished 10 bags of IL2 on Friday.  I had the usual side effects and gained 22 pounds.  They said I would loose the weight quickly, within a few days.  Now over 24 hours later I have only lost maybe 2 of those pounds.  I am on lasix, and I feel like I urinate maybe my normal amount.  Just wondering if the fluid loss starts to pick up here in the next couple days, of it I should be worried.  It is pretty uncomfortable, but if I thought it might be normal I could stop worrying about it.  Thanks so much, any experiences of how long it took to shed the water

I finished 10 bags of IL2 on Friday.  I had the usual side effects and gained 22 pounds.  They said I would loose the weight quickly, within a few days.  Now over 24 hours later I have only lost maybe 2 of those pounds.  I am on lasix, and I feel like I urinate maybe my normal amount.  Just wondering if the fluid loss starts to pick up here in the next couple days, of it I should be worried.  It is pretty uncomfortable, but if I thought it might be normal I could stop worrying about it.  Thanks so much, any experiences of how long it took to shed the water appreciated!

Viewing 17 reply threads
    • Replies
        JerryfromFauq
        Participant

I gained close to 30 pounds during 12 bags my first week.  Lost (eliminated?) most of that in the first 3-4 days after getting out of the hospital.  Didn't gain as   much water weight during the remaining 5 weeks of receiving IL-2.Ask your Onc about taking a stronger dose  of Lasik if you don't loose more by Sunday night.

JerryfromFauq
          Participant

I gained close to 30 pounds during 12 bags my first week.  Lost (eliminated?) most of that in the first 3-4 days after getting out of the hospital.  Didn't gain as   much water weight during the remaining 5 weeks of receiving IL-2.Ask your Onc about taking a stronger dose  of Lasik if you don't loose more by Sunday night.

JerryfromFauq
            Participant

JerryfromFauq
              Participant

JerryfromFauq
                Participant

JerryfromFauq
                  Participant

Ali
                    Participant

I just talked to my nurse practitioner and we are increasing the dose of lasix today to jumpstart the kidneys.  Happy to do be doing something!

Ali
                      Participant

I just talked to my nurse practitioner and we are increasing the dose of lasix today to jumpstart the kidneys.  Happy to do be doing something!

Ali
                        Participant

triciad
                          Participant

Ali,

I hope everything goes well with round 2.  Keep up your amazing attitude.  Good luck…you are in my prayers to be a total responder!

Tricia

triciad
                            Participant

Ali,

I hope everything goes well with round 2.  Keep up your amazing attitude.  Good luck…you are in my prayers to be a total responder!

Tricia

triciad
                              Participant

Ali,

Tricia

gabsound
                                Participant
                                  Ali,

When I did biochemo with IL2 I gained up to 25 lbs each time. Within 3-4 days it would all be gone. The higher dose of Lasix should do the trick. I’m really hoping the best for you! Keep fighting!

Julie in Las Vegas

gabsound
                                  Participant
                                    Ali,

When I did biochemo with IL2 I gained up to 25 lbs each time. Within 3-4 days it would all be gone. The higher dose of Lasix should do the trick. I’m really hoping the best for you! Keep fighting!

Julie in Las Vegas

gabsound
                                    Participant
                                      Ali,

Julie in Las Vegas

Rebecca and Bob
                                      Participant

Ali,

My husband did 10 bags his first round. He also gained at least 25 pounds, it is amazing what the Lasix can do. I hope you have great results with the treatment. Oatmeal baths at home helped my husband a lot with the itching.

Rebecca

Rebecca and Bob
                                        Participant

Ali,

My husband did 10 bags his first round. He also gained at least 25 pounds, it is amazing what the Lasix can do. I hope you have great results with the treatment. Oatmeal baths at home helped my husband a lot with the itching.

Rebecca

Rebecca and Bob
                                          Participant

Ali,

Rebecca

Viewing 17 reply threads
                                        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                        About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics