The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

i am home after 10 bags of IL2

Forums Caregiver Community i am home after 10 bags of IL2

Participant

First of all I want to thank everyone for all of your prayers. You all walked beside me while i was taking my treatments. My goal was to get 10 bags and 10 bags i got. i should have skipped the last one but as my family says i am stubborn.  The side effects this time are minimal. Little itching and alot of confusion.My mental capabilities are only back to about half. I pray that isn't permanent. I go back on June 1 to see how many bags of the IL2 i can get. My goal is 5 because i don't want to over do it and not just be physically damaged but mentally as well.

First of all I want to thank everyone for all of your prayers. You all walked beside me while i was taking my treatments. My goal was to get 10 bags and 10 bags i got. i should have skipped the last one but as my family says i am stubborn.  The side effects this time are minimal. Little itching and alot of confusion.My mental capabilities are only back to about half. I pray that isn't permanent. I go back on June 1 to see how many bags of the IL2 i can get. My goal is 5 because i don't want to over do it and not just be physically damaged but mentally as well. That scares me more than melanoma. After my 5th bag i didn't know who my husband was. The most wonderful man  in the whole world and i forgot him. Thats terrifying to me. I rather be dead than to no longer know him. So thats why im stopping at 5 bags. I have to do at least 15 bags  to stay on IL2 and so thats why im choosing 5 bags for my goal. I understand its only been 4 days since ive been home but my motor skills and my thinking are not what they should be, in my opinion. I have only 5 days left before i do it again. And im gonna need all the prayers i can muster to get thru this one. Thank you for walking this walk with me and even though you were not there thank you for holding my hand and praying with me. i know i got TONS of prayers this time because the walk was so much easier and peaceful. I just wanted to give you all an update and to thank you for praying for a stranger. May God be with you all as we walk thru this valley of death, , fearing no evil,, because we all know who is in control. But friends like you get me thru my day and for that i will say thank you again. May god bless you all and my prayers will not stop, i will continue to pray for you, The warriors and the caregivers.

carolb

Viewing 19 reply threads
    • Replies
        killmel
        Participant

Carol..you are a remarkable strong women..I pray you are a complete responder. God Bless

killmel
          Participant

Carol..you are a remarkable strong women..I pray you are a complete responder. God Bless

FormerCaregiver
            Participant

Congratulations on persevering with the IL2 treatment. I continue to pray that the IL2
              will get your immune system working efficiently, so that you may soon be feeling better.

I admire your courageous spirit.

As you have said, we all know who is in control.

May God bless you.

Frank from Australia

FormerCaregiver
              Participant

Congratulations on persevering with the IL2 treatment. I continue to pray that the IL2
                will get your immune system working efficiently, so that you may soon be feeling better.

I admire your courageous spirit.

As you have said, we all know who is in control.

May God bless you.

Frank from Australia

slpinion
                Participant

Prayers continuing for you and your family.  May the Great Physician continue to shelter you and your family throughout the journey.

Sharon

slpinion
                  Participant

Prayers continuing for you and your family.  May the Great Physician continue to shelter you and your family throughout the journey.

Sharon

Carol Taylor
                    Participant

Good to see you back Friend! You have been blessed indeed and are a blessing!

Grace and peace,

Carol

Carol Taylor
                      Participant

Good to see you back Friend! You have been blessed indeed and are a blessing!

Grace and peace,

Carol

shellebrownies
                        Participant

Carol,

Add me to your prayer list. You are a hero in my book. Keep on fighting the good fight! 🙂

Michelle, wife to Don, Stage IV

Carol Taylor
                            Participant

Michelle,

I know you're talking to carolb and this happened to be under me, so I'm not confused as to the "Carol" you're addressing. But I do want to let you know that you and Don are on all our prayer lists!

Lord, we may not understand many of Your ways of hearing and answering our prayers in this fallen world we live in, but we do know You are near, You do hear, You do run to our rescue, and You do hold us in Your capable hands. Hold Don and Michelle even now. Run to Don's rescue and ease their fears in the meantime. You are big enough to handle this and we thank You. Amen and Amen.

Grace and peace,

Carol

Carol Taylor
                              Participant

Michelle,

I know you're talking to carolb and this happened to be under me, so I'm not confused as to the "Carol" you're addressing. But I do want to let you know that you and Don are on all our prayer lists!

Lord, we may not understand many of Your ways of hearing and answering our prayers in this fallen world we live in, but we do know You are near, You do hear, You do run to our rescue, and You do hold us in Your capable hands. Hold Don and Michelle even now. Run to Don's rescue and ease their fears in the meantime. You are big enough to handle this and we thank You. Amen and Amen.

Grace and peace,

Carol

shellebrownies
                              Participant

Carol,

Add me to your prayer list. You are a hero in my book. Keep on fighting the good fight! 🙂

Michelle, wife to Don, Stage IV

triciad
                                Participant

Carol –

Way to go!  Remember, we're all in this together, so think of it as a relay race.  Right now, it's your turn to carry the baton, and we'll sit back, cheer for you, and wait for you to succeed.  God speed my friend!

Tricia

triciad
                                  Participant

Carol –

Way to go!  Remember, we're all in this together, so think of it as a relay race.  Right now, it's your turn to carry the baton, and we'll sit back, cheer for you, and wait for you to succeed.  God speed my friend!

Tricia

kylez
                                    Participant
                                      Congrats! 10 bags is awesome. Hang in there for your next five!
                                      kylez
                                      Participant
                                        Congrats! 10 bags is awesome. Hang in there for your next five!
                                        KatyWI
                                        Participant

Good girl!  Hang in there, I know it is tough.  I just wanted to offer you some encouragement that you'll be un-confused soon.  I got a little wacky myself and came out just fine.  During the middle of one IL-2-fueled night, I looked at my husband and asked him, "Where's your tubes?"  I had no idea what was going on.  In retrospect it's all a little funny.  Hang in there, wishing you a CR!

KatyWI

KatyWI
                                          Participant

Good girl!  Hang in there, I know it is tough.  I just wanted to offer you some encouragement that you'll be un-confused soon.  I got a little wacky myself and came out just fine.  During the middle of one IL-2-fueled night, I looked at my husband and asked him, "Where's your tubes?"  I had no idea what was going on.  In retrospect it's all a little funny.  Hang in there, wishing you a CR!

KatyWI

Lori C
                                            Participant

You are one tough lady and prayers are with you.  May you be a complete responder. 

L:ori

Lori C
                                              Participant

You are one tough lady and prayers are with you.  May you be a complete responder. 

L:ori

debandmike
                                                Participant

That really is fantastic news. My husband is getting IL-2 right now. His first week he got up to 12 treatments and then the second week he got 7, a total of 19. We are now waiting until June 17th for him to be scanned and then will hope to receive good scan results on June 21st. Then he will likely return to the hospital in July for another round.

I call my husband a super trooper, sounds like you are too. Hoping and praying that your treatments continue with only the best of results.

Debby

debandmike
                                                  Participant

That really is fantastic news. My husband is getting IL-2 right now. His first week he got up to 12 treatments and then the second week he got 7, a total of 19. We are now waiting until June 17th for him to be scanned and then will hope to receive good scan results on June 21st. Then he will likely return to the hospital in July for another round.

I call my husband a super trooper, sounds like you are too. Hoping and praying that your treatments continue with only the best of results.

Debby

Viewing 19 reply threads

Tagged: 

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                                About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics