The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

I agree with the Board Etiquette post below!

Forums General Melanoma Community I agree with the Board Etiquette post below!

Participant

Really. Must we start a new thread about everything? HOW INCONSIDERATE!!!!!

By the way, here's a pic of my wrench beside a plate of cookies:

Enjoy.

-Fountainhead

Really. Must we start a new thread about everything? HOW INCONSIDERATE!!!!!

By the way, here's a pic of my wrench beside a plate of cookies:

Enjoy.

-Fountainhead

Viewing 3 reply threads
    • Replies
        TinaR
        Participant

I hate your plate….I was going to start a new thread about how much I hated that pattern, but I didn't want to be rude. I WILL find a pattern I like better and post some of my own pictures! 

Fountainhead
            Participant

Well sure, everyone hates that plate. I think it's Corelle (or something). Many years ago when I was getting my first post-college apartment my then girlfriend (The Nicely-Hootered But Otherwise Unsuitable To Become The Lovely Mrs. Fountainhead) and I went shopping for cheap kitchen stuff. I bought onw of those big boxes of Corelle (or something) dinnerware. This plate is the only piece left. The Lovely Mrs. Fountainhead despises it. But then she despises pretty much everything about my previous bachelor life and has successfully eradicated most of it. (I do have a few foreign language Playboys though. I'll start another thread for thos photos.)  We generally use this particular plate to microwave stuff on.

It just happens that the Fountainettes made cookies today and used this plate on which to stack them. The cookies are egg-free, by the way. As is the wrench.

-Fountainhead

Kimmer
              Participant

as if most of your drivel doesn't deserve page 2?

Fountainhead
                Participant

Yet look at me now. Page 1 Post 1. w00t! Oh sure I know it can't last but for now I'm Riding Giants.

I do appreciate your help.

Kimmer
                  Participant

e-w-w-w-w!  it's you.

DonW
                  Participant

Hey, that looks like Bridgeport bottle conditioned IPA!

KyCyn
                    Participant

Ahhhhhh, Corelle… I believe that is the exact pattern my mom had back in the day – you know, it went perfectly with the bright orange fondue pot. 

It's supposed to be unbreakable, and my mom and I spent quite a few hours one day in her kitchen throwing plates, saucers and cups against the floor.  Just so you know, they WILL break if they land just right 🙂

And I hate to admit this, but we're looking at Corelle for the boat.  I don't want to eat on melanine (or whatever that plastic is called), we don't want real plates (the chance of breakage, you know), so the cheap choice my be Correlle.

However, I am holding out for bamboo.

Cyn

(Oops, I think I didn't follow orders… was I supposed to start a new topic since I'm talking about boat plates? 😉

dian in spokane
                      Participant

oh goodie! here I thought you were gone FOREVER! I go off for a few days of music and beer and come back and..not only are you here, you've got an oldschool profile photo!

I'm thrilled!

dian (I used some kind of ORGANIC micro brew in my stew. I am seeing organics around a lot out here. some new trend.this one was amber, and it made the stew unbeeweevable)

Viewing 3 reply threads
                    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                    About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics