The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Husband time on Zelobraf ends

Forums General Melanoma Community Husband time on Zelobraf ends

Participant

Gamma knife on Feb 4th for mets on brain again on Feb 18th and final one on March 13th very small size of pin heads. No problems so far. He starts abaraxene on March 4. Still showing some response to zelobraf. We are very nervous.

Gamma knife on Feb 4th for mets on brain again on Feb 18th and final one on March 13th very small size of pin heads. No problems so far. He starts abaraxene on March 4. Still showing some response to zelobraf. We are very nervous.

Viewing 2 reply threads
    • Replies
        Mickey n Jo
        Participant

Understand completely your nervousness as we are going through a similar experience right now. MRI showed multiple tiny brain mets. Zel still working on keeping mets in the rest of his body fairly stable. We are waiting on the Drs. decision whether to wait 6 weeks and do another MRI or go ahead with radiation. Our prayers are with you.

awillett1991
            Participant
              I have nothing of medical value to add, just wanted to say I wish it wasn’t going ths way for you both. It could be any one of us, tomorrow.

Prayers for healing and peace.

Amy

NYKaren
              Participant
                My best wishes and thoughts to you both.
                Karen
                NYKaren
                Participant
                  Karen
                  NYKaren
                  Participant
                    Karen
                    awillett1991
                    Participant
                      I have nothing of medical value to add, just wanted to say I wish it wasn’t going ths way for you both. It could be any one of us, tomorrow.

Amy

awillett1991
                      Participant

Amy

Mickey n Jo
                      Participant

Understand completely your nervousness as we are going through a similar experience right now. MRI showed multiple tiny brain mets. Zel still working on keeping mets in the rest of his body fairly stable. We are waiting on the Drs. decision whether to wait 6 weeks and do another MRI or go ahead with radiation. Our prayers are with you.

Mickey n Jo
                        Participant

Viewing 2 reply threads
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                      About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics