The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Husband, Rudy, still NED!

Forums General Melanoma Community Husband, Rudy, still NED!

Participant

Hi all!

I just wanted to share the results of Rudy's recent Pet scan which showed that he remains NED. He has now been on the Braf /MEK combo for 10 months. He is doing intermittent dosing of 3 weeks on 1 week off…and so far so good, thank goodness.  We are feeling blessed beyond measure and living life to the fullest every day! You all are in my daily prayers! FIGHT ON WARRIORS!

Love and blessings,

Gina

Viewing 17 reply threads
    • Replies
        Mat
        Participant

Gina, great news for you, Rudy and your family!  I'm also still on the combo, but worked in ipi late last year/early this year.  Not yet NED, but stable with relatively small mets (and getting minor reduction in some mets).

Mat
          Participant

Gina, great news for you, Rudy and your family!  I'm also still on the combo, but worked in ipi late last year/early this year.  Not yet NED, but stable with relatively small mets (and getting minor reduction in some mets).

Mat
            Participant

Aussielyn
              Participant

Wonderful news Gina – so happy for you & your family!

I'm soon due to have my 10 month scan ( on combo too but reduced dose of dabrafenib ) – hope I get the same great results! Best wishes, Lynette

Aussielyn
                Participant

I'm soon due to have my 10 month scan ( on combo too but reduced dose of dabrafenib ) – hope I get the same great results! Best wishes, Lynette

Aussielyn
                  Participant

JerryfromFauq
                    Participant

Great going for all of you!

JerryfromFauq
                      Participant

JerryfromFauq
                        Participant

shanemcdonald99
                          Participant

Thats excellent news !

May blessings continue for you !

shane

shanemcdonald99
                            Participant

Thats excellent news !

shane

shanemcdonald99
                              Participant

Thats excellent news !

shane

JoshF
                                Participant

Simply awesome Gina! How long NED now?

Josh

JoshF
                                  Participant

Josh

JoshF
                                    Participant

Josh

GAngel
                                        Participant

Thanks all! Matt, I am happy to hear of your success so far and tumor stability…keep fighting and I know you will soon reach NED also! Lynn, praying for great results for you and every one else fighting this battle. Josh, Rudy has been NED for 6 months. He's been taking hemp oil for over a year in addition to traditional meds and he truly.believes that the oil is the key factor in his success so far.

Again, thanks to you all for sharing in our joy!

GAngel
                                          Participant

Thanks all! Matt, I am happy to hear of your success so far and tumor stability…keep fighting and I know you will soon reach NED also! Lynn, praying for great results for you and every one else fighting this battle. Josh, Rudy has been NED for 6 months. He's been taking hemp oil for over a year in addition to traditional meds and he truly.believes that the oil is the key factor in his success so far.

GAngel
                                            Participant

jualonso
                                            Participant

Hi GAngel,

Why did your doc. decide intermittent treatment?

Im taking the same drug and NED as well and im in a full dose.

Thanks and beat the Beast

jualonso
                                              Participant

Hi GAngel,

jualonso
                                                Participant

Hi GAngel,

Viewing 17 reply threads
                                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                              About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics