The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

How to say goodbye, relieved of pain taken away but us earthlings…

Forums General Melanoma Community How to say goodbye, relieved of pain taken away but us earthlings…

Participant

Charles died at home on February 1st, If I hadn't wanted to give him more time to snooze before readying for his last, one of 10, full brain radiation treatments. The next day was to be advancement to Keytruda, or even perhaps a new clinical drug.  In lucid moments, I am sure he understood that discussions of health aide workers and in home hospice was fast approaching the horizong…………..I believe he reached through a window and climbed away, to be at peace, pain free – never to have his worst nightmare of dying in a hospital reallized.  It's been 38 days, and it's still so hard to breathe………………I will work to fight against this disease, but with a heart so bruised and hurting, making my way through a world that is empty for now, filled with lonliness and yearnings for one last hug………….

Please all fight on, kick butt, or at the end cling with love………….for those left behind now suffer in a different way,

I will still visit the site, this forum helped me so much, it sustained me and educated me.  For all those that went before him, hold each other tighht and shine down on us to let us know your spirit still surrounds us.

Please all take care, I love you all like family.

Rita

Viewing 12 reply threads
    • Replies
        Becky
        Participant

Rita

I don't post here often but, like you this forum has educated me and sustaned me. I am so sorry…I cannot tell you how much I hate melanoma. I love love your profile pic with Charles..

Becky

snow white
          Participant

Oh goodness Rita, I am so very very sorry for your loss.  I imagine that Charles was just ready to go to sleep and ready to be done with this beast we know as Melanoma.  My heart just breaks at the loss of those on this forum that have fought to hard to live.  You did a fantastic job at taking care of your beloved husband.  I am glad to know that you will continue to come around the forum to offer your input for those that are still fighting.

May you find peace in the coming days.

Jen

Bubbles
            Participant

Oh, Rita.  I am so sorry for your hurt and sadness.  Charles was as blessed to have you in his life as you were to have him in yours.  That is an amazing and beautiful thing.  May your memories soon become filled more often with joy than with pain.  Take care of you.  I wish you peace.  Love, celeste

Marksa2570
              Participant

I'm sorry for your loss.   I don't think most people understand the toll that melanoma can take on those diagnosed as well as their loved ones.     I pray for you and your husband and appreciate the contributions you have both made.   

kimmyl
                Participant
                  I’m sorry to hear of your loss. I just joined this forum the other day and I’ve read so much that has helped me. Prayers to you and your family!
                  maperny
                  Participant

Hi Rita,

My heart goes out to you.  I know what it feels like to watch the suffering but I do not know what it feels like "afterwards" and I know that time is coming for us.

You mentioned that you believe that Charles took control and reached out for his own peace and maybe, although not what you are feeling now, he was also reaching out for peace for you.  You have been through so much and you made his time with you so happy as he did for you. 

I am praying for peace for you.

Maria

Terrified
                    Participant

Rita

i am so sorry. Vince lost his fight January 1, so I understand. 

Judy

debwray
                      Participant

Rita,

I am so sorry you have lost Charles. I hope you can find some comfort from the fact there is no more pain and that he died at home. I will remember to hold my dear ones as tight as I can in a difficult week whilst I still have time.

May god bless you and guide you through the hard dark days to come..I can't find the right words but am weeping with you at another loss…

Best wishes from another bit of the worldwide Melanoma family..

Deb

xx

Cathy M
                        Participant
                          Hugs and peace to you Rita
                          jennunicorn
                          Participant

Rita, I am so so very sorry. Charles was incredibly blessed to have you in his life. Sending love and prayers to you and your family.

Momofjake
                            Participant

I was heartbroken to hear this Rita. Love to you. It's just so hard. 

Prayers for strength and peace.

Kerri

tschmith
                              Participant

I'm so sorry for your loss, Rita.  I hope someday a cure will be found for all warriors.  Until then we will keep fighting. My prayers for you.

Terrie

CHD
                                Participant

Rita, I am so sad to hear this.  I have followed your posts and I am so sorry for your loss.  Words fail.  Hugs to you.

Cheri

Viewing 12 reply threads
                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                              About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics