The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

How to Prevent Spammers – Latest john243

Forums General Melanoma Community How to Prevent Spammers – Latest john243

Participant

Does anyone here know an effective way to prevent these spammers from invading this forum? The latest is john243… I have marked most of these posts as spam, but am not sure what else to do.

It infuriates me that people would come to a site where people are in many cases fighting for their lives and then they get these promises of miracle cures – trying to take advantage of people grasping for a solution.

Kevin

Viewing 5 reply threads
    • Replies
        _Paul_
        Participant

Amen to that! I noticed several spam messages from the John123 character last night and reported them as well. This caused the post to be removed, but only from my view it seems.

_Paul_
          Participant

Amen to that! I noticed several spam messages from the John123 character last night and reported them as well. This caused the post to be removed, but only from my view it seems.

_Paul_
            Participant

Anonymous
              Inactive

Dear Kevin and others,

We try to catch spam on the bulletin board but we definitely miss some. You can always let me know by sending me an email [email protected]. I will make sure it is deleted and also reported as spam. I'll also block the user. 

Thanks for letting me know about this one!

Sincerely,

Shelby – MRF

Anonymous
                Inactive

Dear Kevin and others,

We try to catch spam on the bulletin board but we definitely miss some. You can always let me know by sending me an email [email protected]. I will make sure it is deleted and also reported as spam. I'll also block the user. 

Sincerely,

Shelby – MRF

Anonymous
                  Inactive

Dear Kevin and others,

Sincerely,

Shelby – MRF

Viewing 5 reply threads
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics