The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Hot flushes

Forums General Melanoma Community Hot flushes

Participant

Hi all hope you all having a good day as can be in a melanoma world. My GP has given me Fluoxetine for hot flushes am having. Think it's the change that I am going through. Anyone had these and had any side effects when on treatment. She said it would be fine but I am always concerned if taking meds that could interfere with treatment ect.

Scooby X

Viewing 0 reply threads
    • Replies
        debwray
        Participant

Hi Scooby- 

sweast have been a huge problem for me in uk. Drugs no good.. Amnow out of treatment optionns for mel..but hospicice system uses 50% succusses ful accupuncture with 2needles per wrist. Try them=== 

you might not need but thedifference in appoach is un believavable.All about your needs and goals.

Alspre Mimps etc— if prognoss is 3-3yrs- do s may fasat track-  Mine hyas been aggressive  and so 3 months is now unlikely tho still fighting.

goodluck and best wishes…not sighning in very much as my emotional pain bit of my brain can't takeany more than soothing…..butyou all still have my best of wishes fighting this shitty disease-just seems like i'm not a responder and have an agggressive bone based horror rather like Artie and will have to find a way to leave  my love with my family who  Iadore and always will.

Deb

Mark_DC
            Participant

Deb,

Thanks for checking in. Was hoping for better news from you, hope you are OK. I know you must have considered all options, but I do wish there was a trial available for you. I have appreciated all your posts helping others on this board, and wish for good news for you.

good luck and take care, Mark

Scooby123
              Participant

Hi Deb,

so sorry , this disease hate it . Cannot see your profile on what treatments you have had. You mentioned  correct me if I am wrong Till treatment but no trials for this in UK in one of you posts. Where do you live and hospital you under. I do not fully understand everything about this disease it seems to have a mind of its own. What about chemo to see if helps you  and hope that they find you a trial ASAP. I am sending a big hug and strength for you and keep fighting for you and loved ones. That's what I do every day think of my loved ones. Always here for you

Scooby x❤️

Scooby123
                Participant

Hi Deb,

so sorry , this disease hate it . Cannot see your profile on what treatments you have had. You mentioned  correct me if I am wrong Till treatment but no trials for this in UK in one of you posts. Where do you live and hospital you under. I do not fully understand everything about this disease it seems to have a mind of its own. What about chemo to see if helps you  and hope that they find you a trial ASAP. I am sending a big hug and strength for you and keep fighting for you and loved ones. That's what I do every day think of my loved ones. Always here for you

Scooby x❤️

maperny
                  Participant

Hi Deb,

Not sure if you are checking messages but wanted to say I am thinking of you and praying for peace and that you are surrounded by love to sooth you during this difficult time,  Your comments and support have helped so many on this site and you have inspired many,

God bless you

Maria

Viewing 0 reply threads
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
              About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics