The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Hip Surgery and Redose

Forums General Melanoma Community Hip Surgery and Redose

Participant

Eh!

Been having some hip pain recently, thought it was another tumor on my hip(I know, worst case scenerio always pops into my head)

After having an xray and speaking to the Ortho surgeon, I apparently just have weakened bones from hip radiation a year ago. He recommends partial hip replacement ASAP.  So onto another surgery on Friday am. Should be a pretty simple surgery(compared to some I've had.)

I gotta tell ya, between the hysterectomy, hot flashes and hip replacement I feel about 40 years older than I am!

Eh!

Been having some hip pain recently, thought it was another tumor on my hip(I know, worst case scenerio always pops into my head)

After having an xray and speaking to the Ortho surgeon, I apparently just have weakened bones from hip radiation a year ago. He recommends partial hip replacement ASAP.  So onto another surgery on Friday am. Should be a pretty simple surgery(compared to some I've had.)

I gotta tell ya, between the hysterectomy, hot flashes and hip replacement I feel about 40 years older than I am!

In the meantime been waiting for IRB approval to start the redose of ALT-801. Grateful they haven't let me start yet since this hip problem came up.  Now I can get this surgery done with, heal up and be all ready for redose in a few weeks!

I met a nice Stage IV lady and her family today, Jackie! Dr introduced us as she's getting ready to start ALT after she has some radiation to her hip. Her sister said she had visited the board and noticed we lived only 20 minutes apart!  Hate that another person is having to go through this but nice to meet someone!

Super fun times folks!

Kellie(from Iowa) Stage IV

Viewing 7 reply threads
    • Replies
        King
        Participant

Kellie,

Thanks for the update.  Wishing you a speedy recovery even though you are now pre-op and not post-op.  I sure hope it is simple but as you know, bones hurt!  One day at a time.  And then it would be great if the timing works out for you to get back on the ALT-801.  And I agree…you are much too young to be experiencing all this.

Keep us posted.  Good Luck!

Stay Strong
          King

Stage IV 7/05 Liver mets

King
          Participant

Kellie,

Thanks for the update.  Wishing you a speedy recovery even though you are now pre-op and not post-op.  I sure hope it is simple but as you know, bones hurt!  One day at a time.  And then it would be great if the timing works out for you to get back on the ALT-801.  And I agree…you are much too young to be experiencing all this.

Keep us posted.  Good Luck!

Stay Strong
            King

Stage IV 7/05 Liver mets

lhaley
            Participant

Kellie,

OMG you are way to young to have to go through a hip replacement!!  I had a friend who had one a little over 2 months ago. He was at a wedding dancing this weekend!!  This was the 2nd hip he had done and he felt that he recouped quite well.  I wish you the same!!

I had been wondering how you had been doing. Please keep us posted!!

Linda

lhaley
              Participant

Kellie,

OMG you are way to young to have to go through a hip replacement!!  I had a friend who had one a little over 2 months ago. He was at a wedding dancing this weekend!!  This was the 2nd hip he had done and he felt that he recouped quite well.  I wish you the same!!

I had been wondering how you had been doing. Please keep us posted!!

Linda

Fen
                Participant

So you must be feeling 60 because you look 20!  Here's hoping your recuperation is quick and easy.

Fen
                  Participant

So you must be feeling 60 because you look 20!  Here's hoping your recuperation is quick and easy.

jag
                    Participant

Geez,

did you ever think you would be happy for a non-melanoma disease?  I hope you get right through it and the ALT 801 does the trick.

Best 

John

jag
                      Participant

Geez,

did you ever think you would be happy for a non-melanoma disease?  I hope you get right through it and the ALT 801 does the trick.

Best 

John

Viewing 7 reply threads
                    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                    About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics