The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

High dose IL2..vitiligo…why now?

Forums General Melanoma Community High dose IL2..vitiligo…why now?

Participant

I finished my last bag/4th week of IL2 on June 14.  Within a few weeks I noticed some vitiligo on my hands, forearms, and a spot on my face. That was it until yesterday when I noticed a large area on my inner thigh (size of a lemon) that just showed up.  It's been 4mos.+ since treatment.  Anyone else have this happen this long after treatment?  Just seems…strange. 

Thank you for any and all replies.

Karin

I finished my last bag/4th week of IL2 on June 14.  Within a few weeks I noticed some vitiligo on my hands, forearms, and a spot on my face. That was it until yesterday when I noticed a large area on my inner thigh (size of a lemon) that just showed up.  It's been 4mos.+ since treatment.  Anyone else have this happen this long after treatment?  Just seems…strange. 

Thank you for any and all replies.

Karin

Viewing 14 reply threads
    • Replies
        jag
        Participant

Vitiligo is usually a good thing.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21911918

jag
          Participant

jag
            Participant

debbieVA
              Participant

Karin…

Vitilligo is a positive sign that IL-2 is doing it's job and you are responding.  I did IL-2 over 11 months, 57 infusions, and a complete responder….NED with vitilligo.  Not very noticible, good being alive.  

Wishing you the best and continued response to Il-2.  

Debbie Stage 4 NED

debbieVA
                Participant

Karin…

Vitilligo is a positive sign that IL-2 is doing it's job and you are responding.  I did IL-2 over 11 months, 57 infusions, and a complete responder….NED with vitilligo.  Not very noticible, good being alive.  

Debbie Stage 4 NED

debbieVA
                  Participant

Karin…

Debbie Stage 4 NED

Karin L
                    Participant

Well, oh my gosh.  Thank you for your replies.  I had no idea anything would show up this late after the treatment.

Karin

Karin L
                      Participant

Well, oh my gosh.  Thank you for your replies.  I had no idea anything would show up this late after the treatment.

Karin

Karin L
                        Participant

Karin

MariaH
                          Participant

Karin,

Seems to me this is a good thing!!  Hope  your immune system is still doing it's job!

Best wishes,

Maria

MariaH
                            Participant

Karin,

Seems to me this is a good thing!!  Hope  your immune system is still doing it's job!

Best wishes,

Maria

MariaH
                              Participant

Karin,

Best wishes,

Maria

LynnLuc
                                Participant

I'm a red head with freckles on about every part. I noticed only last week for the  small patches of vitilligo on my forearms- I am on anti PD 1 , which I did 12 times during the main part of the trial and 2 times as a booster every 3 months, so I guess it takes time to happen with some people…I remember as a kid hoping my freckles would melt into one massive suntan. Then I thought it would be nice to get rid of the freckles so I rubbed lemons all over me…nothing ever happened! Now I get patches of white  displacing my freckles! -Lynn

LynnLuc
                                  Participant

I'm a red head with freckles on about every part. I noticed only last week for the  small patches of vitilligo on my forearms- I am on anti PD 1 , which I did 12 times during the main part of the trial and 2 times as a booster every 3 months, so I guess it takes time to happen with some people…I remember as a kid hoping my freckles would melt into one massive suntan. Then I thought it would be nice to get rid of the freckles so I rubbed lemons all over me…nothing ever happened! Now I get patches of white  displacing my freckles! -Lynn

LynnLuc
                                    Participant

Viewing 14 reply threads
                                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                  About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics