The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Hi Ya’all! (GoFundMe link)

Forums General Melanoma Community Hi Ya’all! (GoFundMe link)

Participant
      Hi guys & gals, just checkin in with ya and to re-post my GFM link, i guess i should have been doing this whenever i posted here on MRF after we launched it, i dont know, our sister Cindy Lou explained it as being to “Humble”, im thinkin thats true…here it is again for those who may have missed it, if ya can ya can, if ya cant ya cant, just the Support & Love is whats keeping me going since everything stopped (surgerys & Opdivo) back in early July…love you guys…
      https://www.gofundme.com/f/mike039s-melanoma-fight
    Viewing 0 reply threads
    • Replies
        killmel
        Participant
          WOW Mike, you been through a lot. I read ALL your posts (love your sense of humor) and Kaiser has not given you much help. Even Dr Hamid’s medical assistant Jasmine not getting back to you. What was her excuse for not getting back to you… there should be no excuses!

I donated to your GOFund Me when you first asked for help. I just checked and you collected $3,575 with your goal being $5000. I know you need the money to pay for a consultation with Dr Hamid How much is Dr Hamid charging for a consultation with no insurance??? If you don’t reach $5000, does that mean you can’t afford to see Dr Hamid?? That would be terrible and you need help NOW.

MelanomaMike
            Participant
              Hi KillMel, thank you soooo much for your help, Dr Hamids consults range all these wierd prices depending on what Hamid has to do, (send for med records and god knows what else) like i posted in the beganing weeks & weeks ago, my consult should be $ 740 after the 40% discount (from $900) if i pay right then being a new patient. And like i said, im new to the Outside World of Outta Network docs, he may need to see me again, because for him to come up with a treatment plan in an hour or so setting, hes gunna need more time unless hes really that good! I have no idea, (maybe he can look deep in my eyes while he touches one of my tumors & come up with something!!) but to have my “Leeway” money is so good to have!! i know he couldnt treat me with what would be left over, you & i both know therapies are up to $5k to $30k a single infusion or injections…im just so greatful and im on cloud 9! Thanks for your concern, at ease soldier, you guys ALREADY got my foot in the door! Love ya.. (oh! I didnt even ask Jasmine what happen as to why she didnt call me back (too see if i could make payments) i bit my tongue & booked an appt!!
              Cindy Lou
              Participant
                Hi, Mike! I just wanted to let you know that the out of network doctor and hospital i used eventually settled with us for waaay less money than what they initially charged us. My husband went into battle with the insurance company, my doctor who referred me wrote a letter of necessity, we went through the whole appeals process with the insurance company. Eventually, my husband “beat em all down”. The insurance paid a little more and the dr and hospital settled for a lot less than what we owed. It is horrible to have to worry about finances when you need to focus on health! Your witty posts often make me smile. Keep up the fight, Mike!
                MelanomaMike
                Participant
                  Hi sis, you better believe im going after them Higher Ups at Kaiser concerning my denial of a 2nd opinion! Im just so exhausted mentally & physically with my health for one, like a lot of you have said, to deal with insurance and now out of pocket (Out Of my MRF Peeps Pockets!!) Expense, on top of dealing with my health! Im tired, i really am, i need a break, its not let up since July 10th (2019) since they stopped all treatment…im spent & my tumors are really hurting, 2 of 7 anyways…
            Viewing 0 reply threads
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
            About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics