The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Hi, I’m still here, sorry for late update…

Forums General Melanoma Community Hi, I’m still here, sorry for late update…

Participant

As soon as I finished my visit with the doctors I felt a scratchy throat coming on and by the time my flight landed home here in San Diego I had a full on cold/flu/fever thing going on. It hit me quick and had me pretty down and out for a few days. Must have been the flights, hotels, stress, jet lag, and/or sick hotel shuttle driver. But I'm on the mend now and well enough to update those interested…

As soon as I finished my visit with the doctors I felt a scratchy throat coming on and by the time my flight landed home here in San Diego I had a full on cold/flu/fever thing going on. It hit me quick and had me pretty down and out for a few days. Must have been the flights, hotels, stress, jet lag, and/or sick hotel shuttle driver. But I'm on the mend now and well enough to update those interested…

So this months scans show that things are still down a bit, not sure of an exact number, maybe around 7%? Again I'm not sure the exact number but I think I'm down to about 12 tumors in the lungs.. or maybe it was 9. I'm not sure. You know there were so many numbers and percentages and comparisons. I get kinda flustered and tongue tied when the doctors come in and I'm trying to remember so many things while doing math and thinking what to ask while listening to what they say… so… that's where I'm at. I do know for sure, that there's still nothing new, my brain is still clear and things are shrinking a tad. So this is good news. Just hope/pray/wish/manifest something similar next month and preferably months to come. We'll see…

Ok, well, I'm going to try and finish off this bug with some tea and a good nights sleep. I'll talk to you all soon. -Kevin

Viewing 15 reply threads
    • Replies
        chrisS
        Participant
          Hey kevin, it’s chris. My wife and I were in Thorton with you during both of your first IL 2s. We find it helpful to record on my iPhone ever time doctors talk to us. I then file it on our computer. It can be very helpful and I can access any conversation in seconds on my iPod when needed. Just to update you on Melissa, she did 6 months of il2 with a partial response but stopped when they found 6 brain mets. She finished her last cyber knife deal today at Moores. She got to ring the bell and the waiting room clapped for her. Next step, get her off the steroids and siezure meds.
          Hang in there, I know we will!
          chrisS
          Participant
            Hey kevin, it’s chris. My wife and I were in Thorton with you during both of your first IL 2s. We find it helpful to record on my iPhone ever time doctors talk to us. I then file it on our computer. It can be very helpful and I can access any conversation in seconds on my iPod when needed. Just to update you on Melissa, she did 6 months of il2 with a partial response but stopped when they found 6 brain mets. She finished her last cyber knife deal today at Moores. She got to ring the bell and the waiting room clapped for her. Next step, get her off the steroids and siezure meds.
            Hang in there, I know we will!
            Fen
            Participant

I agree with Chris. Even with 2 people in the room everything comes at you so fast it's hard to comprehend it all.  Rest and chicken soup for the bug you've got.   

Hoping for continued shrinkage.  fen

Fen
              Participant

I agree with Chris. Even with 2 people in the room everything comes at you so fast it's hard to comprehend it all.  Rest and chicken soup for the bug you've got.   

Hoping for continued shrinkage.  fen

Rocklove
                Participant

Thanks for the update Kevin. There are many of us interested.

Let's hope the reduction in size continues.

Prayers and positive thoughts for you and family.

Rocky (Stage IV Liver mets)

Rocklove
                  Participant

Thanks for the update Kevin. There are many of us interested.

Let's hope the reduction in size continues.

Prayers and positive thoughts for you and family.

Rocky (Stage IV Liver mets)

lhaley
                    Participant

Kevin,

I'm glad your home and everything seems to have shrunk!  

I hope you feel better soon. This traveling seems to be hard on you.

Linda

lhaley
                      Participant

Kevin,

I'm glad your home and everything seems to have shrunk!  

I hope you feel better soon. This traveling seems to be hard on you.

Linda

BethA in VA
                        Participant

You have to be thrilled with this good news!  It is very hard to keep the information all straight.  But you got the important fact…it was good news.  Keeping you in my prayers.  Feel better from your bug!  Beth 3/B

BethA in VA
                          Participant

You have to be thrilled with this good news!  It is very hard to keep the information all straight.  But you got the important fact…it was good news.  Keeping you in my prayers.  Feel better from your bug!  Beth 3/B

JakeinNY
                            Participant

Feel better Kevin. Keep on moving forward.

Best wishes for a long life.

JakeinNY
                              Participant

Feel better Kevin. Keep on moving forward.

Best wishes for a long life.

alicia
                                Participant

HI Kevin, 

You probably don't know me cause I don't post too often on here but I do keep up with your story and I'm rooting for you.  I'm so glad to hear about your results:)  Try to get some rest and then celebrate with those you love.  You are in my prayers for more amazing news to come.

Love, Hugs, and Positive thoughts,

Alicia

alicia
                                  Participant

HI Kevin, 

You probably don't know me cause I don't post too often on here but I do keep up with your story and I'm rooting for you.  I'm so glad to hear about your results:)  Try to get some rest and then celebrate with those you love.  You are in my prayers for more amazing news to come.

Love, Hugs, and Positive thoughts,

Alicia

Rebecca and Bob
                                    Participant

Kevin,

Sounds great that your still responding. Nothing new is always great. Hope to keep hearing that it's going in the right direction.

Rebecca

Rebecca and Bob
                                      Participant

Kevin,

Sounds great that your still responding. Nothing new is always great. Hope to keep hearing that it's going in the right direction.

Rebecca

Viewing 15 reply threads
                                    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                    About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics