The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

HI all from England

Forums General Melanoma Community HI all from England

Participant

Lets see how many of my old mates are still out there.Ive not been on here for about 2 years.SHAGGY…the Fireighter from England for thos of you that remember me.

Diagnosed with stage 3 MM in July 1995..nearly 19 years clear.im on facebook as well if you want to add me.Ian Mutch and my pic is me stood near my fire truck

Viewing 11 reply threads
    • Replies
        KMick
        Participant

Thank you for posting!  For those of us barely a year out from diagnosis and still struggling to completely move on it's stories like yours that are very encouraging and just what I needed to read!  Thank you, thank you!

KMick
          Participant

Thank you for posting!  For those of us barely a year out from diagnosis and still struggling to completely move on it's stories like yours that are very encouraging and just what I needed to read!  Thank you, thank you!

KMick
            Participant

MelanomaAnkara
                Participant

Thank you. You gave us a hope to live healthy for a long time after the treatment. My mother diagnosed stage 3 MM in December. I hope she will be better. 

MelanomaAnkara
                  Participant

Thank you. You gave us a hope to live healthy for a long time after the treatment. My mother diagnosed stage 3 MM in December. I hope she will be better. 

MelanomaAnkara
                    Participant

Shaggy
                      Participant

Hi.

You'll be fine…the first 15 years are the hardest….lol…only joking.

Once to get past the first couple of years in the clear the years fly by…i found the hardest thing was not the treatment…or the hours of sitting about dooing nothing…it was tring to commmunicate with the rest of the people on here.Me coming from England and 98% of the other people being American….i had to explain a lot of what   was saying…I find having a sense of humour in this age is always a good thing….I did fint something us brits and the americans have in common…..its not often we lose a war.

Shaggy
                        Participant

Hi.

Once to get past the first couple of years in the clear the years fly by…i found the hardest thing was not the treatment…or the hours of sitting about dooing nothing…it was tring to commmunicate with the rest of the people on here.Me coming from England and 98% of the other people being American….i had to explain a lot of what   was saying…I find having a sense of humour in this age is always a good thing….I did fint something us brits and the americans have in common…..its not often we lose a war.

Shaggy
                          Participant

Hi.

Jahendry12
                          Participant

Thanks for letting us know how well you are doing. Gives us all hope!  

Celebrate life!

Shaggy
                              Participant

Well us Brits like a good fight….so when i was diagnosed back in 95…i though "bring it on"….just had a little bit of surgery…tighten the wrinkles up a bit…i wouldnt have looked out of place in beverley hills…only mine was cheaper.

Hope is something we all have inside us…its how we use it that differs

Shaggy
                                Participant

Well us Brits like a good fight….so when i was diagnosed back in 95…i though "bring it on"….just had a little bit of surgery…tighten the wrinkles up a bit…i wouldnt have looked out of place in beverley hills…only mine was cheaper.

Shaggy
                                  Participant

Jahendry12
                                  Participant

Celebrate life!

Jahendry12
                                    Participant

Celebrate life!

Tina D
                                      Participant

Awesome of you to check in here!! Thank you for sharing your update with all. Good news is always such an encouragement ๐Ÿ™‚

Tina

Shaggy
                                          Participant

Hi Tina

whenever i post …and receive a reply i always respond personally.Its been a while since ive been on here,although ive been a member for over 15 years now…met a lot of good people…and some of them were English.On the downside ive also lost a lot of good people…which makes me more thankful that im still here to share my thoughts.I try to get the message out to people about the risks of melanoma…ive even had a conversation a few years ago with our future king about it. Prince William was most interested how someone that had beaten cancer could possible want to be a firefighter.As i told him…i was a firefighter way before i had cancer…he found it quite funny when i told him i only had my family to think about….you on the other hand….Sir have te nation to think about,,,,i'll have my job if you dont mind

Shaggy
                                            Participant

Hi Tina

whenever i post …and receive a reply i always respond personally.Its been a while since ive been on here,although ive been a member for over 15 years now…met a lot of good people…and some of them were English.On the downside ive also lost a lot of good people…which makes me more thankful that im still here to share my thoughts.I try to get the message out to people about the risks of melanoma…ive even had a conversation a few years ago with our future king about it. Prince William was most interested how someone that had beaten cancer could possible want to be a firefighter.As i told him…i was a firefighter way before i had cancer…he found it quite funny when i told him i only had my family to think about….you on the other hand….Sir have te nation to think about,,,,i'll have my job if you dont mind

Shaggy
                                              Participant

Hi Tina

Tina D
                                              Participant

Awesome of you to check in here!! Thank you for sharing your update with all. Good news is always such an encouragement ๐Ÿ™‚

Tina

Tina D
                                                Participant

Tina

Hi Shaggy, Wonderful to see you are still kicking.  I used to read your posts all the time.  I used to be Woman in RI.  Are you behaving yourself on the other side of the pond? I was first diagnosed in 1988 and went to stage 4 in 2005.  We are the "oldies but goodies", and very grateful!  Best wishes, Mary

Hi Shaggy, Wonderful to see you are still kicking.  I used to read your posts all the time.  I used to be Woman in RI.  Are you behaving yourself on the other side of the pond? I was first diagnosed in 1988 and went to stage 4 in 2005.  We are the "oldies but goodies", and very grateful!  Best wishes, Mary

Shaggy
                                                    Participant

di Mary..

God this is like writing to my better half…shes called Mary as well…or as i calal her…Your majesty…boss…chief…etc etc.

Am i behaving myself????Am i hell…lol…im still kicking around…trying to find my English to American translation book…so bloody people over the pond can understand me..

19 years is a long time to be stil around to share my views with people…especially the newbies that think as soon as they get melanoma theyre going to die…2 tings are certain in ths world…1,were all going to die…and 2 im never going to appear in playboy.never mind.

Love

Ian xx

Shaggy
                                                      Participant

di Mary..

God this is like writing to my better half…shes called Mary as well…or as i calal her…Your majesty…boss…chief…etc etc.

Am i behaving myself????Am i hell…lol…im still kicking around…trying to find my English to American translation book…so bloody people over the pond can understand me..

19 years is a long time to be stil around to share my views with people…especially the newbies that think as soon as they get melanoma theyre going to die…2 tings are certain in ths world…1,were all going to die…and 2 im never going to appear in playboy.never mind.

Love

Ian xx

Shaggy
                                                        Participant

di Mary..

Love

Ian xx

Viewing 11 reply threads
                                                    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                                    About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide byย MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics