The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Hello from a new member

Forums General Melanoma Community Hello from a new member

Participant

Hi, just thought I'd pop by and say hello!

I'm newly registered to the site, but sadly not to melanoma.  First dx in 1996, 1.2 mm melanoma removed from my lower back.  Naively thought that would be the end of it.  10 years later it returned to bite me on my ar*e once again.  Had large steak sized piece of rump removed but no further treatment.  A year later I discovered a lump in my groin, total groin and pelvis dissection followed.  Still no further treatment!  Currently on the observation arm of the Avastin trial and 2.5 years NED.

Hi, just thought I'd pop by and say hello!

I'm newly registered to the site, but sadly not to melanoma.  First dx in 1996, 1.2 mm melanoma removed from my lower back.  Naively thought that would be the end of it.  10 years later it returned to bite me on my ar*e once again.  Had large steak sized piece of rump removed but no further treatment.  A year later I discovered a lump in my groin, total groin and pelvis dissection followed.  Still no further treatment!  Currently on the observation arm of the Avastin trial and 2.5 years NED.

I'm loving the new look of the bulletin board, I never could get my head around how the how one worked, which is why I haven't joined up before.

Oh, and if you wondering what 3rd world country I live in not to have received any treatments, it's the UK!  Some of you may know me as Marsha from other sites… and this is the first time I've come across a place where my name was already taken!

Marsha x

Viewing 5 reply threads
    • Replies
        TAC
        Participant

Welcome! Glad you are here and now one of us (meaning a registered user). Glad you are doing well. Continue to post.

TAC
          Participant

Welcome! Glad you are here and now one of us (meaning a registered user). Glad you are doing well. Continue to post.

Bonnie Lea
            Participant

Welcome Marsha from UK.   having mel come back with a vengence sucks and is scary at the same time.  Hope to hear more from you, as reading from other countries is so beneficial to us all.

Bonnie Lea
              Participant

Welcome Marsha from UK.   having mel come back with a vengence sucks and is scary at the same time.  Hope to hear more from you, as reading from other countries is so beneficial to us all.

dian in spokane
                Participant

Hi Marsha,

welcome to the board! I had my melanoma advance 20 yrs after my initial primaries, so I know just how shocking it can be to have it come back with a vengence after thinking you have it beat for good!

I'm glad you are doing so well, and hope you continue NED!

dian

dian in spokane
                  Participant

Hi Marsha,

welcome to the board! I had my melanoma advance 20 yrs after my initial primaries, so I know just how shocking it can be to have it come back with a vengence after thinking you have it beat for good!

I'm glad you are doing so well, and hope you continue NED!

dian

Viewing 5 reply threads
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics