The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Hello everyone, new here!

Forums General Melanoma Community Hello everyone, new here!

Participant

Hi everyone, I have been reading these boards for a long time but never posted before.  I initially had some hesitation posting my story, since many on these boards are having really rough times,  but finally I decided today to share my good news with the rest of you, as to give hope that we all need!

Hi everyone, I have been reading these boards for a long time but never posted before.  I initially had some hesitation posting my story, since many on these boards are having really rough times,  but finally I decided today to share my good news with the rest of you, as to give hope that we all need! Please read my profile to get my story.  On Friday, 24 August 2012, I went to Moffitt in Tampa to do the prescreening for the PD-1 clinical trial that doctor Weber suggested me to join.  I did brain MRI, blood work, CT of the neck, chest, abdomen and pelvis.  End of the day, I met with Dr. Weber to go over the consent and the first thing he said when he came in the room was "I want you to read something my nurse wrote for me".  He showed me a yellow sticky note on top of my CT report that read" Hmm!?, no disease?"  When I read that I was in disbielief.  I did not know what to say except "Are you sure?"  He told me that the only thing visible on the scan was the scar left behind from the SRS.  His clinical impression of the disease was complete response/no evidence of disease.   i was in shock! 

I was ineligible to go on the trial as I no longer have a measurable disease.  Dr. Weber is advising a repeat scan in 3 months.

God is good!

Viewing 17 reply threads
    • Replies
        dellriol
        Participant

Yay!!!!!

dellriol
          Participant

Yay!!!!!

dellriol
            Participant

Yay!!!!!

aldakota22
              Participant

God is good.Happy for such fantastic news.Keep the NED sacns comming.Beat the Beast.   Al

aldakota22
                Participant

God is good.Happy for such fantastic news.Keep the NED sacns comming.Beat the Beast.   Al

aldakota22
                  Participant

Ali
                    Participant

I love these kind of stories!  Thanks for sharing, and good luck!

Ali
                      Participant

Ali
                        Participant

BrianP
                          Participant

Awesome news!  Thanks for sharing.

BrianP
                            Participant

BrianP
                              Participant

washoegal
                                Participant

We love to hear this.  Let's hope this is all you ever see of the beast.  Keep us up to date.  Never hesitate to post good news!

washoegal
                                  Participant

We love to hear this.  Let's hope this is all you ever see of the beast.  Keep us up to date.  Never hesitate to post good news!

washoegal
                                    Participant

frankMill
                                      Participant

Thanks for your post, it made me very happy!  I was just diagnosed with melanoma on 8-17. Had the WLE and SNB last Friday.   I live in Jacksonville and have been going to Baptist Hospital.  Guess what? I made an appt to meet with Dr. Weber at Moffitt in a couple of days.  I think the trip to Tampa is going to be worth it.  Your story affirms that I should meet with Dr. Weber and there is so much hope.

Thanks and God Bless!

Frank

frankMill
                                        Participant

Thanks for your post, it made me very happy!  I was just diagnosed with melanoma on 8-17. Had the WLE and SNB last Friday.   I live in Jacksonville and have been going to Baptist Hospital.  Guess what? I made an appt to meet with Dr. Weber at Moffitt in a couple of days.  I think the trip to Tampa is going to be worth it.  Your story affirms that I should meet with Dr. Weber and there is so much hope.

Thanks and God Bless!

Frank

frankMill
                                          Participant

Thanks and God Bless!

Frank

Viewing 17 reply threads
                                        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                        About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics