The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Hello A Voice from the past

Forums General Melanoma Community Hello A Voice from the past

Participant

Hello to all the old timers. Allen Carr from here in MIami FL Checking in. IT has been over three years since I visited the MPIP. I have been doing fine. Last three or Four PET/CAT scans have been negative. Shaking hands with NED again. For you that don't know me I have been dealing with Melanoma since 1996 when a spot on my back started bleeding and biopsy showed it to be Melanoma.  IN 1999 it went into both lungs. Surgery for both a week apart. In 2002 it went inot my Pulmonary artery even after a year of interferon and 32 months of GM-CSF.

Hello to all the old timers. Allen Carr from here in MIami FL Checking in. IT has been over three years since I visited the MPIP. I have been doing fine. Last three or Four PET/CAT scans have been negative. Shaking hands with NED again. For you that don't know me I have been dealing with Melanoma since 1996 when a spot on my back started bleeding and biopsy showed it to be Melanoma.  IN 1999 it went into both lungs. Surgery for both a week apart. In 2002 it went inot my Pulmonary artery even after a year of interferon and 32 months of GM-CSF. God has been good to me and through of holistic medicine I am no longer a Stage IV  person but now NED. Just thought I would check in and thank again all the people that have helped me in the last 17+ years of deealing with this Insidious disease. I talked to Jeff Patterson the other day for a short talk. Keep in touch with Martie Wrock another loing time survivor. I miss the old BB people but not the agrevation that sometimes went on. 5 years ago I was diagnosed with prostate cancer but it is under control with the hormone therapy "Lupron" last PSA was 0.3

Some of you people met my wife Carol in get togethers but I lost her to Brain Cancer last May. She is in a better place no Pain no more Chemo or surgery. I have her up in Lake Worth at the south FL National Cememtery and visit her often.

My Pat Net is under Allen C and I believe my home phone number is listed. MY email is [email protected] if any one wants to get in touch with me. I turned 79 this month and feeling fine and willing to help anyone that wants to hear about my road to NED.

May GOD Bless each and every one of you dealing with this disease and if there is anything I can do please email me and we can talk.

Allen Carr

Viewing 23 reply threads
    • Replies
        Janner
        Participant

Good to see you posting, Allen.  Sorry to hear about your wife, but glad you and NED are best of friends.  Not a ton of the old crowd post anymore, so hopefully you'll bring a few out of the woodwork.

Best wishes,

Janner

Janner
          Participant

Good to see you posting, Allen.  Sorry to hear about your wife, but glad you and NED are best of friends.  Not a ton of the old crowd post anymore, so hopefully you'll bring a few out of the woodwork.

Best wishes,

Janner

MiamiAllen
              Participant

Yes Janner I saw another response from you and knew that you would be one of the people that woud remember the "Old Fart" Hope all is well with you.  God Bless   Allen

MiamiAllen
                Participant

Yes Janner I saw another response from you and knew that you would be one of the people that woud remember the "Old Fart" Hope all is well with you.  God Bless   Allen

MiamiAllen
                  Participant

Janner
                  Participant

Best wishes,

Janner

Charlie S
                    Participant

Happily it is nice to see your post Allen..  Sadly, please accept my condolence about Carol..  There is no doubt in my mind that you did well by her.

I do hope that you  understand and beleive that you, among others, are the heart and soul of MPIP years before it's present incarnation.

Best regards,

Charlie S

Charlie S
                      Participant

Happily it is nice to see your post Allen..  Sadly, please accept my condolence about Carol..  There is no doubt in my mind that you did well by her.

I do hope that you  understand and beleive that you, among others, are the heart and soul of MPIP years before it's present incarnation.

Best regards,

Charlie S

Charlie S
                        Participant

Best regards,

Charlie S

jag
                          Participant

Allen, 

Very happy to hear that you are doing ok, Thanks a ton for giving me hope through all of my treatments-especially the lung surgeries.  I always thought that if a guy in his 70s can do it, there is no reason a guy in his 30s couldn't follow in his footsteps and be ok.  You definitely left pretty big footsteps for us to fill.  I am sorry to hear about your wife, she was a lucky lady though.  

God Bless and be well.

John 

jag
                            Participant

Allen, 

Very happy to hear that you are doing ok, Thanks a ton for giving me hope through all of my treatments-especially the lung surgeries.  I always thought that if a guy in his 70s can do it, there is no reason a guy in his 30s couldn't follow in his footsteps and be ok.  You definitely left pretty big footsteps for us to fill.  I am sorry to hear about your wife, she was a lucky lady though.  

God Bless and be well.

John 

jag
                              Participant

Allen, 

God Bless and be well.

John 

JerryfromFauq
                                Participant

Missed seeing your postings.  Very glad to hear you are NED finally.  Suspect that you liked that intravenous Vitamin C result!  Congratulations.  Yes the BB has changed, but there are still many good people here.  The Chat room is not used enough.  I have major problems getting into it since I only have dial-up. 

JerryfromFauq
                                  Participant

Missed seeing your postings.  Very glad to hear you are NED finally.  Suspect that you liked that intravenous Vitamin C result!  Congratulations.  Yes the BB has changed, but there are still many good people here.  The Chat room is not used enough.  I have major problems getting into it since I only have dial-up. 

JerryfromFauq
                                    Participant

James from Sydney
                                      Participant

Hi Allen, good to hear your going well i am sure many of the newcomers will be inspired by your journey. My condolences for your loss, i am sure Carol is with you everyday.

cheers James

James from Sydney
                                        Participant

Hi Allen, good to hear your going well i am sure many of the newcomers will be inspired by your journey. My condolences for your loss, i am sure Carol is with you everyday.

cheers James

James from Sydney
                                          Participant

cheers James

DonW
                                            Participant

Hi, Allen. Great to see you posting and even better to hear you are still NED. You should post more often.

DonW
                                              Participant

Hi, Allen. Great to see you posting and even better to hear you are still NED. You should post more often.

DonW
                                                Participant

5374brian
                                                  Participant

NED.. Congrats. My wife and I are new to here. She was diagnosed Dec. 7th Stage 4 melanoma. She is 35. We are working with the team of doctors at Moffitt in Tampa Fl. She is on ipi and will have her 2nd treatment on Feb. 5. We are looking forward for her day to be NED. We have also decided to win by changing our lifestyle.Not only the medication helping but changing our habits in life to improve our bodies will contribute to a much happier life. The community on this site has been great for the short period of time we have been here. Good luck and hope to see you posting on here for a long time to come. 

5374brian
                                                    Participant

NED.. Congrats. My wife and I are new to here. She was diagnosed Dec. 7th Stage 4 melanoma. She is 35. We are working with the team of doctors at Moffitt in Tampa Fl. She is on ipi and will have her 2nd treatment on Feb. 5. We are looking forward for her day to be NED. We have also decided to win by changing our lifestyle.Not only the medication helping but changing our habits in life to improve our bodies will contribute to a much happier life. The community on this site has been great for the short period of time we have been here. Good luck and hope to see you posting on here for a long time to come. 

5374brian
                                                      Participant

Swanee
                                                        Participant

Hi Allen,

I've tried to send you an email but will not go through.  Will you please check your address for me and let me know if it's correct, not sure why I'm having trouble.

Thanks,  Swanee

Swanee
                                                          Participant

Hi Allen,

I've tried to send you an email but will not go through.  Will you please check your address for me and let me know if it's correct, not sure why I'm having trouble.

Thanks,  Swanee

Swanee
                                                            Participant

Hi Allen,

Thanks,  Swanee

Viewing 23 reply threads
                                                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                                          About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics