The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Hearft Disease-Melanoma

Forums Cutaneous Melanoma Community Hearft Disease-Melanoma

Participant

Is there anyone who has serious heart disease and have taken this   Ipilimumab?  Termodar did no good.  I took something before Termodar and it caused a lot of chest pain.  Dr. don't know what to give me.  I can't get into a C. Trial.  Probably too old.   Male 78  Maybe my Melanoma 4 is not bad enough.  I have lump in front of ear, under skin 1" diameter.   One on lymph node near arm pit and spot in lung and spine.  All were growing some last ct scan.

Is there anyone who has serious heart disease and have taken this   Ipilimumab?  Termodar did no good.  I took something before Termodar and it caused a lot of chest pain.  Dr. don't know what to give me.  I can't get into a C. Trial.  Probably too old.   Male 78  Maybe my Melanoma 4 is not bad enough.  I have lump in front of ear, under skin 1" diameter.   One on lymph node near arm pit and spot in lung and spine.  All were growing some last ct scan.

I will not change doctors. This is the 2nd one and cancer treatment seems to be a guessing game anyway.  What are some of the costs of this Ipil?  Conservatine me will not spend what we have chasing all around for a cure.    From Nebraska

Viewing 3 reply threads
    • Replies
        SusanE
        Participant

I wonder if you should look into OncoVex. Have you thought about that?

SusanE
          Participant

I wonder if you should look into OncoVex. Have you thought about that?

bcforce
            Participant

Nebr,

I have heart disease (bypass surgery 10 yrs ago) and am in treatment for Stage IV.  I will probably be on Ipi within a couple of months at the Angeles Clinic.  They have not mentioned that there would be any problem for me to take it because of heart issues. 

Best wishes to you in your pursuit of an effective treatment. 

Bob (in Visalia)

bcforce
              Participant

Nebr,

I have heart disease (bypass surgery 10 yrs ago) and am in treatment for Stage IV.  I will probably be on Ipi within a couple of months at the Angeles Clinic.  They have not mentioned that there would be any problem for me to take it because of heart issues. 

Best wishes to you in your pursuit of an effective treatment. 

Bob (in Visalia)

Viewing 3 reply threads
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
            About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics