The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Has anyone had distant metastasis to pancreas?

Forums General Melanoma Community Has anyone had distant metastasis to pancreas?

Participant
      I am currently in the hospital being treated for pancreatitis. The docs say it is unknown origin because the 2 main causes are drinking alcohol ( i dont drink) and gallstones ( i dont have a gallbladder). They say gallstones can still form without a gall bladder but they didnt see any on ct scan. The gastro doc wants to do an endoscopy after the pancreas has healed to see if there are any lesions. When I had PET scan two weeks ago, inflammation of pancreas showed up. That was a week before the intense pain started. I understand that metastasis to the pancreas is rare but it seems weird that I have this now.
    Viewing 1 reply thread
    • Replies
        sister of patient
        Participant
          Hi Cindy Lou – I’m so sorry to learn of all you are dealing with now and I wish you the best possible successes with your treatment!! I suspect there are many on this board who have dealt with mets to the pancreas – I actually don’t think it is that uncommon – and, as we know, mel is not discerning as to where it travels. My sister had so many mets from her pancreas and spleen that the two were nearly “fused” together with them. But they’re totally gone now and both organs clear because treatments like taf/mek aren’t discerning either – they’ll hit everywhere they need to!! You take care – we’re all pulling for you!!!!

Barb

Cindy Lou
            Participant
              Thanks for your reply. It is great that your sister’s mets are gone now. I start radiation next week and I start the taf/mek in January.
            MelanomaMike
            Participant
              Hi Cindy! Wth? I hope its nothing!! I personally havnt had any mets light up in my pancreas so, cant really help you out on that, i hope its not anything Cindy! Maybe just a cyst? Cysts can pop up anywhere ya know…hopefully thats all it is..please keep us posted, im doing ok, just REAL tired & maybe a lil depression, all these immunal therapies iv done and now this new Monoclonal therapies im doing (incmga00012 & Epacadostat) really settles weird in my system/head, i certainly dont feel like myself before i started, i just hope it works, my next CT scan is late November so, will see….
                Cindy Lou
                Participant
                  Hi, Mike! I feel kinda down & out too. It’s a normal response in the melanoma world we live in. Maybe watch some Ren & Stimpy to cheer up! Or Bob’s Burgers ! It makes me laugh out loud! I also really like the Jim Gaffigan comedy specials on netfix or prime ( i forget which). Maybe I will follow my own advice…hmmm. The docs said a couple times the pancreatitis could be from cancer which they say would be rare but the procedure to look closer at the pancreas can’t be done til it heals some. Anyway, I start radiation to my face and neck next week. More mets found in neck on the PET I had Oct 16. Then the taf/ mek combo starts in January. You have been through so many tough treatments. I know you can handle the monoclonal therapy. Keep your head up ( YOU are your best advocate), keep your humor ( laughter really is the best medicine), keep your heart out (sharing with us on the forum). You are an inspiration to me and many others on the forum! Hang in there, friend!
            Viewing 1 reply thread
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
            About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics