The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Happy Saturday Ya`all!!

Forums General Melanoma Community Happy Saturday Ya`all!!

Participant

Hi Family, hope everyones feeling good or atleast "decent", as for me im ok, healing up still from lung surgery back Dec 17th 2018, and i mean on the "Inside", my incision areas are healed already but the insides are still weak, chest wall is healing slowly, for when i cough, the rear incision of my chest {towards my back} kinda bubbles out, apparently due to chest wall weakness, tissues still need to mend, muscles etc. When it first occured i freaked only to be told by my surgeon that its normal for the few that it happens to {just my luck}…other then that no pain just weird sensations, nerve tingles and still a little "gurgling" in my lung but its going away a lil everyday…

My only REAL worry about everything is, my employer has been paying my Kaiser since 2003 and since iv been on SSDI I wanted to take it of his caring, loyal hands because im now on Medi Cal {LA Care here in Los Angeles area} which alows me to choose Kaiser wich is fabulous so i can keep my same Medical Team. Im just kinda scared about the whole transition because my next infusion is Jan 15th with other appointments soon after, apparently i get a 1week grace period that has to occure when my paid Work Ins. has stopped to when MediCal takes over, 1 week is for folks like us with advanced cancer {stage 3 and 4} normally its a 3 week or 1 month wait period for "abled bodies" haha…Monday ill call to see if its cancelled "officially" so i can start to process…Nerve racking! it`ll work out, iv always been a worry wart…Well guys, take good care, happy Saturday, i feel up to doing some woodworking today! my latest passion of just about 4 years now…Love ya guys…

Viewing 1 reply thread
    • Replies
        iskitwo
        Participant

Insurance changes are always nerve racking! We have gone through a job change and had to change over to Cobra. If you are having to go to multiple appt it is stressful making sure that things get changed over as quickly as possible. I hope the transition is smooth for you. Glad you are recovering and getting srtonger.

Missy

lkb
          Participant

Because cancer is not difficult enough by itself! Good luck with the transition!

Viewing 1 reply thread
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
        About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics