The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Happy News!

Forums General Melanoma Community Happy News!

Participant

Hi everyone,

After a spring-summer major battle with brain mets, my fall MRI shows nothing new and previous tumors all shrinking! The surgery + SRS +  pembro seems to be working, although the pembro is knocking me out physically with sore and weakened muscles and major fatigue. Small price comparatively now that I finally feel I have a shot at controlling this monster disease! Just wish I felt well enough to celebrate with a long hike in this gorgeous weather!

Am on ibuprofen in the hopes of warding off another steroid episode but am nervous we'll inadvertently knock out a gland or two if we wait too long….??? I've gotten used to steroids playing a safety-net role during side effects. 

Main news to share is that the ringing in my ears has nothing to do with active tumors. So, Happy News!!

Viewing 20 reply threads
    • Replies
        keepthefaith11
        Participant
          Wonderful news Maria!! How many infusions have you had so far?

Annie

keepthefaith11
          Participant

Annie

keepthefaith11
            Participant

Annie

Maria C
                Participant

Annie, 3 infusions as "maitenance" after last year's ipi-nivo (4)…

Maria C
                  Participant

Maria C
                    Participant

williez
                      Participant

Wonderful news! Be strong and positiva!

willie, Stage IV, 5 met (incluiding brain), nos responder to ipi, great

responder to pembro after 14 infusions

williez
                        Participant

williez
                          Participant

Casitas1
                          Participant

Outstanding!

Casitas1
                            Participant

Outstanding!

Casitas1
                              Participant

Outstanding!

Bubbles
                                Participant

Happy news, indeed!!!  Enjoy!  celeste

Bubbles
                                  Participant

Bubbles
                                    Participant

SABKLYN
                                      Participant

Woohoo!

SABKLYN
                                        Participant

Woohoo!

SABKLYN
                                          Participant

Woohoo!

Jango
                                            Participant

Yay !!! I am so happy for you..gives me hope for my dad who is waiting for treatment to read of other people's successes. Xxx

Patti

Jango
                                              Participant

Yay !!! I am so happy for you..gives me hope for my dad who is waiting for treatment to read of other people's successes. Xxx

Patti

Jango
                                                Participant

Patti

JoshF
                                                  Participant

Happy Dance!!!! Hope you feel better…regain strength, I know what a pain that is but you're right it's worth it when you're beating this crap back!!!

Josh

JoshF
                                                    Participant

Happy Dance!!!! Hope you feel better…regain strength, I know what a pain that is but you're right it's worth it when you're beating this crap back!!!

Josh

JoshF
                                                      Participant

Josh

BrianP
                                                        Participant

Great news Maria.  Thanks for posting.  Hope you can start feeling better soon to take advantage of your great news.

BrianP
                                                          Participant

Great news Maria.  Thanks for posting.  Hope you can start feeling better soon to take advantage of your great news.

BrianP
                                                            Participant

Viewing 20 reply threads
                                                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                                          About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics